Polls: Rasmussen Admits That He Throws Out Enthusiastic, Liberal Democrats!

mascale

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Rasmussen data get cited a lot, but they are a statistical lie, of the "damned lie" variety. Mark Twain even knew about "n" words.

Rasmussen cheerfully admits that his polls tend to not relect the influence of entire segments of voters.

"It is important to remember that the Rasmussen Reports job approval ratings are based upon a sample of likely voters. Some other firms base their approval ratings on samples of all adults. President Obama's numbers are always several points higher in a poll of adults rather than likely voters. That's because some of the President's most enthusiastic supporters, such as young adults, are less likely to turn out to vote. It is also important to check the details of question wording when comparing approval ratings from different firms."

Whether or not the crack-pots that get polled, or the crack-pots who don't even go to the polls--represent the general views of America is everywhere questioned. The exception is on US Message Board, where Rasmussen is often regarded a holy linguist--who words polls.

In the similar holy matter, it is gospel to many that Jesus spoke Latin, with occasional lapses into Polish and High German. The Vatican knows how rare the lapses really were!

Aramaic is not in the Bible. In Catholic and KJV, in fact: Any Hebrew dialects are pretty much, generally not found. Ancient stuff is not reported, such as Greek, and the prevailing usages of Greek at the time of the personal behavior of the now very old people being reported. Details on toilet, dressing, undressing, and other habits are not even recorded, on a daily log basis, in the Bible. They are presumably unclean thing, except that the Bible doesn't so-state.

It is full of holes, like "Likely Voter" surveys are admitted to be. The influence of "enthusiastic" Obama supporters has not been lost on Democratic Primary pols, for example. The enthusiasm is mainly lost in the "Likely Voter" polls.

In the Obama administration, add in that issues tend to be relatively complex. Should there be health coverage of x, y, and z, as opposed to "Shall there be Social Security Checks Every Month:" Is an appropriate example. The president is black, the economy is red, the likely impetus of an older, upper income white voter to say "likely" things may also be more salient than is usual.

Rasmusses admits that not all enthusiasm is reflected in his polls.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Taboo Things Always Reported, When Great Spirit calls hearts to soar like plummed cockatoo parrots--not likely voters--over remains of all less enthusiastic vermin on the earth, or in the polls(?)! Cockatoo know how to make enthusiasm spectacular!)

Last edited:
Again...while I'm sure there are some good polling services, I just don't put alot of belief in ANY of them. Seems we all have a problem with the results if they don't support our position. It doesn't necessarily make it useless info...but it does lead to useless arguments.

Just today, the AP-GfK Roper poll gave Obama his lowest approval numbers to date. This info probably makes all republicans giddy with joy and in return puts libs on the immediate defense to discredit the findings.

AP-GfK Poll: Obama slips, other Dems slide, too - Yahoo! News

In the OP, Rasmussen is shown to urge caution with interpreting the results of his poll, and of other polls. Even his term, "likely voters," does not include "all voters," though Rasmussen uses language like, "voters report," to report the "likely voter" poll results. There can be other voters in those other polls of more voters, and Rasmussen acknowledges that many Obama suporters are not included in his poll results.

By now, many Obama supporters may have registered. They would be picked up in a poll of registered voters, if not in Rasmussen's "Likely Voters" discarding of poll results.

There are different kinds of polls, and Rasmussen even discusses that a poll of "All respondents," would likely be a pro-Obama poll result.

(Great Half-Wit Father In Washington, Send Squaw to garden. Many are not Sorghum plants of stimulus molasses, saving state and local government jobs! Other plants not included, for greater good(?)!)

Again...while I'm sure there are some good polling services, I just don't put alot of belief in ANY of them. Seems we all have a problem with the results if they don't support our position. It doesn't necessarily make it useless info...but it does lead to useless arguments.

Just today, the AP-GfK Roper poll gave Obama his lowest approval numbers to date. This info probably makes all republicans giddy with joy and in return puts libs on the immediate defense to discredit the findings.

AP-GfK Poll: Obama slips, other Dems slide, too - Yahoo! News

From your link:

"Equal percentages of Democrats — 87 percent — approve of Obama's job performance as Republicans — 88 percent — disapprove. Independents are about split, 50 percent disapprove to 47 percent approve. And, when it comes to Congress, 91 percent of Republicans, 65 percent of independents and even 51 percent of Democrats disapprove."

Considering the constant lies coming from Republicans, I'm really surprised it's not fully 100% instead of just 88%. Of course, as I previously linked, at this point in his administration, Obama has a higher rating than Ronald Reagan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polls can be very misleading. XX% is for and YY% is against. We hear it over and over but you have to study the answers to the underlying questions to really understand the views of the respondents. For example one of the polls run on the healthcare bill reported reported 38% were for the bill and 52% were against it. However a follow question asked why you are against the bill. 18% were against the bill because it did not go far enough that is, it did not provide a public option. Also the margin of error may be as much as much as 4%. As I said, polls are misleading.

Polls: Rasmussen Admits That He Throws Out Enthusiastic, Liberal Democrats!

Troll post rating: 1

Try harder next time.

lame.jpg

Most polling places poll likely voters. That way they have more accurate views of what results are on election day.

School boards have long since known how to pick elections where measures they want passed should be on the ballot. Bigger turnout means less geriatrics who find less compulsion to spend any money.

When posters cite a poll with a sample basis already in support of the results: Then generalization is limited to the assumptions that went into creating the results being shown.

A Congressional election went Democratic in a heavily riddled Tea Party Florida. The Tea Party candidate was supportive of Heath Care repeal.

A broad national Tea Party coalition is apparently not in place. Anyone notices that all dress funny(?). They are supposed to be naked, like Indians on Yachts stealing other people's stashes. Instead they look like anti-American, pro-King George III, Tory English.

The Tea Party familes even need to learn how to put on the body paint properly, and show it all off. When it comes to equality, pasties are better than bikini tops!

The better finding about the Tea Party is the heap of negatives that show their favorite, Sarah Palin, unfavorably regarded nationwide. Even FoxTV wants ratings, and not tarnished stars that people tune out. If Obama were running, then more likely that campaign would have the deeper draw of even more Democrats in both federal legislatures.

(GOP Nixon noticed that voter turnouts were steadily declining, and call them the "Silent Majority." If he was their spokesmen, then they were all crooks, and keeping their mouths shut about it. Catholic Clergy now famously know how to do that!)

Obama said "I'm a fucking Communist. I hate America and my cunning plan is to destroy it from within. Now, I have power to initiate the total destruction of the United States" He then gave an evil bwahahahahahahaha!

Of course, Obama didn't actually say that. But... unless someone adds a link, their claims of what someone did or did not say are not worth the effort to discuss.

Mascale is a moron. That is my opinion. If anyone cares to research the information for themselves to assess Mascale, this forum is full of crap that Mascale has written that I offer in support of my opinion.

Obama said "I'm a fucking Communist. I hate America and my cunning plan is to destroy it from within. Now, I have power to initiate the total destruction of the United States" He then gave an evil bwahahahahahahaha!

Of course, Obama didn't actually say that. But... unless someone adds a link, their claims of what someone did or did not say are not worth the effort to discuss.

Mascale is a moron. That is my opinion. If anyone cares to research the information for themselves to assess Mascale, this forum is full of crap that Mascale has written that I offer in support of my opinion.

But it's a lot more believable that Obama called himself a communist than that Mascale is not a left wing troll.

As if your opinion means diddly.

Hundreds of billions will not notice that the Rasmussen organization explained itself, not mascale(?)!

Hundreds of billions will not notice that the Tea Partiers do not adopt the original. . . .costume surpises of the original Tea Party protesters.

Hundreds of millions have likely already opined that Sarah Palin brings along more negatives that any of the gods or goddesses of the planet. There is apparently more baggage labeled "Paliin" than can fit on the Twenty Mule Train, that even Reagan made famous.

Those are other people's opinions, even to the matter of the. . . .costume surprise of the original Tea Party in Boston, who were not dressed like English-supporting Tories, like the current Tea Party members all want to appear to be like!

"Crow, James Crow, Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Bonnets of many Cocktoo on Display at Las Vegas showplaces, even--and with body paint!)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back