Koch Brothers and Bad News for Climate Science Deniers. Charles believes

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Koch Brothers and Bad News for Climate Science Deniers. Charles believes in the scientific consensus on the facts that the globe has warmed and carbon emissions play a role

Watching Steve Lombardo on C-Span at St. Anslem's

Koch Brothers and Bad News for Climate Science Deniers. Charles believes in the scientific consensus on the facts that the globe has warmed and carbon emissions play a role

Not that I CARE -- but since you brought this up.. You should probably be paying more attention to what Charles ACTUALLY SAYS in interviews. NEVER endorsed "a consensus" about any important GW issues that I can find, and your other 2 assertions are things that I accept as a skeptic --- but they are not the primary disagreement with all these doom and scary predictions..

Here's TWO interviews on the topic in one link. Show me where he endorses "a consensus" on any important part of Global Warming theory..

Charles Koch Admits Climate Change is Real

Not that I CARE -- but since you brought this up.. You should probably be paying more attention to what Charles ACTUALLY SAYS in interviews. NEVER endorsed "a consensus" about any important GW issues that I can find, and your other 2 assertions are things that I accept as a skeptic --- but they are not the primary disagreement with all these doom and scary predictions..

Here's TWO interviews on the topic in one link. Show me where he endorses "a consensus" on any important part of Global Warming theory..

On C-Span the man Charles Koch is paying tons of money to. Steve Lombardo is a genius in what he does.

Facts are You deny the science, while the Koch Brothers do not. What does that say about you? Koch does not deny carbon emissions playing a role in the warming. You're a fool if you do not parse what is said

"Beyond the Political Spin: How Koch is Driving Freedom, Fairness and Prosperity"
Steve Lombardo, chief communication and marketing officer for Koch Industries Inc., will join the Institute to present a discussion titled "Beyond the Political Spin: How Koch is Driving Freedom, Fairness and Prosperity."

Date: Tuesday, November 10
Time: 8 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Program

I love Steve. He spins the spins and he is very good at it.

BTW -- NOVA -- which has run jillions of GW documentaries is almost totally funded by these guys. They als

On C-Span the man Charles Koch is paying tons of money to. Steve Lombardo is a genius in what he does.

Facts are You deny the science, while the Koch Brothers do not. What does that say about you? Koch does not deny carbon emissions playing a role in the warming. You're a fool if you do not parse what is said

You didn't read the interviews did ya? Don't care what kind of genius is capable of misleading you. READ Koch's words that I gave you and then produce any of his words where he gives an endorsement to any "consensus"..

The Koch people do NOT deny the consensus. They challenge the consensus. They've hired a man who defended Big Tobacco's PR man. You people who carry the water and shill deny the consensus exists and claim there is no such thing as a consensus on the science.

Koch is doing what people who want to build on top of Earthquake faults in California are now doing, which is hiring their own scientists to challenge the science.

The scientific community has no hidden agenda, but you must insist they do in order to make a case.

BTW -- NOVA -- which has run jillions of GW documentaries is almost totally funded by these guys. They als

You didn't read the interviews did ya? Don't care what kind of genius is capable of misleading you. READ Koch's words that I gave you and then produce any of his words where he gives an endorsement to any "consensus"..
The consensus exists. Koch is challenging the consensus. To challenge something is to admit it exists. No sane person argues there is no scientific consensus. What they can do is try to prove the consensus in error.

Saying the cause is not settled is arguing with a red herring. What is settled? The scientific community does not say man causes it all, and they do not say what part man causes because they do not know, but they all agree man is part of the cause and Charles Koch agrees. You have not. You people deny as you shill and make fools out of yourselves.

Last edited:

Why should we give a shit? Wtf does he know? He can believe that scam if he wants to, we don't care.

Why should we give a shit? Wtf does he know? He can believe that scam if he wants to, we don't care.
What? Go away

The consensus exists. Koch is challenging the consensus. To challenge something is to admit it exists. No sane person argues there is no scientific consensus. What they can do is try to prove the consensus in error.

Saying the cause is not settled is arguing with a red herring. What is settled? The scientific community does not say man causes it all, and they do not say what part man causes because they do not know, but they all agree man is part of the cause and Charles Koch agrees. You have not. You people deny as you shill and make fools out of yourselves.

Sure. If Dante is only concerned with political horseplay -- go with that. But understand that the fact that earth has warmed a tiny bit in your lifetime and that CO2 plays some role (not the starring role) in that --- are NOT the issues that skeptics (denier) have an issue with.

And if you would read the guys words -- he would make that clear to you.. CO2 is just the "trigger" for the GW theory that says the Earth willl destroy itself irreparably if ever there is another 2degC rise.. THAT'S the debate. Everything else is political horseshit. And Charles Koch understands what the REAL issues on GW are. So he's smarter than most all politicians.. Or whoever the jerk was that led you to believe there was consensus on anything important in GW theory.

And Charles Koch understands what the REAL issues on GW are.
Charles Koch disagrees with you. He admits man is contributing to global warming. you do not.

end of story

I agree with him. And I'm not picking a fight with the Dante here. Just trying to get you to realize a point.

Those 2 things (in your OP) are NOT the issues that determine whether Global Warning is right or wrong. There is a 99% consensus on those issues and most every credible scientist including skeptics (and me and you) agree to those 2 particular things. The meaningful ISSUES in the GW debate are as I layed them out. Lemme give a parallel..

There is a 96% worldwide "consensus" that ISIS needs to be defeated. But THAT'S not the real issue there either is it? Otherwise Puty wouldn't be rubbing our faces in the muck that is Syria. And everybody would agree how to go about defeating ISIS..

BOTH problems are more complex than what folks know about "consensus". And unless you identify the BIGGER questions on the issue -- "consensus" is a meaningless term..

You're not a skeptic, FCT. You're a denier.

They DO state that it is extremely likely that more than 50% of the warming over the last 60 years is due to human influences.

"It is extremely likely [95 percent confidence] more than half of the observed increase in global average surface temperature from 1951 to 2010 was caused by the anthropogenic increase in greenhouse gas concentrations and other anthropogenic forcings together." --AR5

And Charles Koch understands what the REAL issues on GW are.
Charles Koch disagrees with you. He admits man is contributing to global warming. you do not.

end of story

I agree with him. And I'm not picking a fight with the Dante here. Just trying to get you to realize a point.

Those 2 things (in your OP) are NOT the issues that determine whether Global Warning is right or wrong. There is a 99% consensus on those issues and most every credible scientist including skeptics (and me and you) agree to those 2 particular things. The meaningful ISSUES in the GW debate are as I layed them out. Lemme give a parallel..

There is a 96% worldwide "consensus" that ISIS needs to be defeated. But THAT'S not the real issue there either is it? Otherwise Puty wouldn't be rubbing our faces in the muck that is Syria. And everybody would agree how to go about defeating ISIS..

BOTH problems are more complex than what folks know about "consensus". And unless you identify the BIGGER questions on the issue -- "consensus" is a meaningless term..
Consensus a a term is not meaningless in the GW debate as it is what the deniers harp on most

You're not a skeptic, FCT. You're a denier.

They DO state that it is extremely likely that more than 50% of the warming over the last 60 years is due to human influences.

"It is extremely likely [95 percent confidence] more than half of the observed increase in global average surface temperature from 1951 to 2010 was caused by the anthropogenic increase in greenhouse gas concentrations and other anthropogenic forcings together." --AR5

WHO the Fuck is "they"??? Besides the global redistributionists at the UN..

Go find the answer to that question in the 2 or 3 Bray and von Storch opinion surveys of climate scientists that you quote incessantly and never read. Or can't understand the graphs.. No where NEAR a consensus on "more than 50% of the cause".

And you should go check that previous (probably illegal) post of yours... Posts in this forum aren't supposed about calling names...

Forum List

Back