Zone1 Knowledge, the forbidden fruit

Why is the tree named the tree of knowledge and why does it bring forth death?

The forbidden fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is deception, lies.

moral of the story; don't swallow the lies of a conman especially when you know the truth.

If you do you will surely die "the death", a curse, insanity, from which many never recover.

Last edited:
The tree of knowledge represented knowledge obtained by experimentation rather than revealed knowledge.

The Proverbs are revealed knowledge, which mankind has rejected in favor of their own made-up knowledge.

Both Judaism and Christianity had their beginnings at the same time, at the foot of Mt. Sinai. The Jews (Pharisees) took over the religion from the Levites about 150 BCE. Christianity took over after the destruction of the temple in 70-73 A.D.
- and by your logic - islam took over in the year 610 ... the desert trinity.

the three monotheistic religions haven't the same origin ... do tell.

The forbidden fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is deception, lies.

moral of the story; don't swallow the lies of a conman especially when you know the truth.

If you do you will surely die "the death", a curse, insanity, from which many never recover.

know the truth - what a&e desired when they made their decision ...

the serpent is moses, the desert religions that would rather they live enslaved without knowledge - the ability for their own self determination - as became the result and granted by the heavens to be sent on their journey ... the true origin and religion of antiquity.

In Judaism, yetzer hara (Hebrew: יֵצֶר הַרַע‎, romanized: yēṣer haraʿ) is the congenital inclination to do evil, by violating the will of God. The term is drawn from the phrase "the imagination of the heart of man [is] evil" (Biblical Hebrew: יֵצֶר לֵב הָאָדָם רַע, romanized: yetzer lev-ha-adam ra), which occurs twice at the beginning of the Torah (Genesis 6:5 and Genesis 8:21).

The Hebrew word yetzer having appeared twice in Genesis occurs again at the end of the Torah: "I knew their devisings that they do".[1] Thus from beginning to end the heart's yetzer (plan) is continually bent on evil. However, the Torah which began with blessing[2] anticipates future blessing[3] which will come as a result of God circumcising the heart in the latter days.[4]

In traditional Judaism, the yetzer hara is not a demonic force, but rather man's misuse of things the physical body needs to survive. Thus, the need for food becomes gluttony due to the yetzer hara. The need for procreation becomes promiscuity, and so on.

The Jewish concept of the yetzer hara is similar to the Christian concept of a "sin nature" known as concupiscence, which is the tendency of humans to sin. However, concupiscence stems explicitly from original sin, while the yetzer hara is a natural part of God's creation.

Also, the only other animal to speak in the Torah was Balaam's donkey.
Zionism Became What America Was to the Oppressed Gentile Classes

This yetzer hara is a hostile view of human instincts, inhibiting activity, demonizing pride, and discrediting individualism. No wonder ancient Israel never became a powerful nation and was easily crushed by all the empires.

know the truth - what a&e desired when they made their decision ...the serpent is moses
No. In Hebrew the word for serpent, Nachash, is both a noun and an adjective meaning snake, brazen, shiny one, and/or someone who practices divination, the magical arts, sorcery, what is now known as mind control. These despicable creatures were the stars of the ancient world.

The Nachash represents the Pharaoh who wore a serpent on his head and practiced sorcery.

1699994260638.png

Moses wrote the story to educate Hebrew children, just freed from slavery in Egypt, about the dangers of losing your sanity for life to cultic practices and con men. A&E just screwed up.

And you are right. It was their decision to run amok naked among the wild beasts of the field.

Last edited:

That is part of it, in my humble opinion.

Prior to eating the fruit, Adam and Eve were living simple, sin free lives with everything they needed being provided to them. They had little (or no) self awareness of sin or what it meant. So if they happened to "sin", it would have been similar to an animal "sinning". If an animal does something that we consider a "sin" they are not held accountable according to human laws. Their accountability would be based on the laws of nature.

Once they ate the fruit, they disobeyed God, sin fell upon them and they became self aware. Sin caused them to be judged by much more severe standards, hence their "self awareness". Adam would need to work labor for his survival and Eve would endure pain during child birth. They also had to endure the shame of being thrown out of God's Holy Garden and into the wilderness, where life would become much more difficult.

God knew that once mankind disobeyed him and ate from the tree of Knowledge, that they would succumb to sin and self awareness, meaning they "would surely die" because it would be extremely difficult for mankind to live sin free lives and they would be judged to a higher standard now that they were self aware.

I answered this a long time ago:
For the newbies I'll repeat it.
The center of the garden where the 2 rivers meet was ancient Persia where Zoroastrian and Mithraism was popular and brought to Rome through head soldier Lucius, the Nazarenes admit they took much from Zoroastrianism (says the apochrypha)
This converging and compiling mythologies and cultures is warned because it mixes both knowledge that is good (Torah) and doctrines that are evil (pagan mythologies and Egyptian underworld & Greek death cultism). When they eat of this and have the knowledge they will become like us means they will become like the hosts (kohanim/priests) who is the context of the "US" spoken of. They will become like G-d means they will take this forbidden compilation and make themselves a false temple and false hierarchy of hosts (cardinals and Bishops liken to US the Kohanim) and the Pope (liken to the head priest)makes himself as a G-d just as the bible in Genesis did warn. Rome was famous for stealing people's deities by conquering them, telling them their deity no longer favored them, then set up a temple for that deity in their own territory claiming to be the new authority including setting up new books and new false doctrines. This is what they did with the deity Juno and what they did in destroying the Jerusalem Temple with stealing YHWH, claiming he was now in disfavor with the Jews they fooled people into believing they were now the authority and temple.They thus made themselves the new (impostor) Hosts and Pope set up as the new (impostor) father in heaven.
You see Adam in Hebrew the word means man and represents man in the deeper sense. EVE is not Adam's (man's) first wife (Israel or Jerusalem Temple-Lilith), thus Eve is the next bride (representing the church)thus the serpent (false prophet) convinced Eve to eat from his tree that she would not die (the created character Jesus himself said such words)and Eve (church) convinced Adam (Man) to also stray and what fruit did they partake of, an APPLE? But Apples aren't indigenous and the fruit is not mentioned in the bible??Surely mankind has subconsciously revealed this forbidden fruit as 'A PAUL' who wrote 1/2-3/4 the NT and thus his forbidden fruit is revealed-it mixes knowledge that is both good and helpful and bad and harmful, hence the warning using the term "wormwood" a Bitter poisonous deadly herb. People were made bitter & mean and poisonous -deadly (over 50 million murders & thousands of wars) over this good word-knowledge that is both good and evil.
Seems as convoluted as the OP and makes God look dumb.

th

Did everyone know that Adam was a black man! Excellent!

:auiqs.jpg:

Just kidding

Now on to the subject at hand.

Why did the Bible refer to the forbidden fruit as coming from the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden?

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Why is the tree named the tree of knowledge and why does it bring forth death?

Most glaze over the story as being insignificant, or even made up, but words have meaning. Regardless of whether you believe the story actually happened, there is a message in the story all the same.

I believe the message is, knowledge without wisdom brings death. Specifically, seeking knowledge apart from the wisdom of God is what brings death.

Now whether you agree with my assessment, that this is at least one of the messages in the story, we have a myriad of examples proving that message is correct. Man has a long list of instances where knowledge brought about, or can potentially bring about, much death and misery, all because man had no wisdom to use it correctly.

One such example are genetically modified plants that are resistant to disease and insects. They usually are bigger and easier to grow. See how wonderful knowledge can be? But there is a small problem, they can't reproduce, and if cross pollinated with plants than do reproduce, they make them unable to reproduce. Hence, unleashing unproductive plants on nature could prevent all those plants from reproducing. Last I checked, plants were needed for survival. Scientists are so concerned about it, they have set aside seeds hoping they be available if the worst happens, that is, they can't grow food anymore.

Or maybe you have heard of the story of Oppenheimer, the man responsible for creating the first nuclear bomb.

quote-i-am-become-death-the-destroyer-of-worlds-j-robert-oppenheimer-22-5-0552.jpg

Want more stories of knowledge that leads to mass death? How about a futuristic one, namely AI. Artificial Intelligence is just one more technology that is being developed today that has a tremendous potential for unthinkable harm to mankind. The movie "The Terminator" tapped into these fears. Essentially, man is developing an intelligence that is superior to his own. Problem is, that intelligence has no human empathy. Humans without human empathy are referred to as sociopaths. So, what will AI to when it is fed information that human beings are destroying the planet with carbon emissions, something humans hear every day from government and their state-controlled media? Will it seek to terminate humans to save the planet and themselves?

But let's assume AI can be controlled by humans from doing this. What is a despot like Hitler had it to use? Imagine if he had a surveillance state that could watch everything you do and say 24/7. Imagine a world where he used it to calculate every battle to see if he could win, and use it to sway public opinion as AI studies you and learns how to persuade you 24/7. Depots in history have been killing machines, but now their ability has been enhanced to continue to kill in mass by 100 fold or more. Once humanity goes to digital currency, the state will have complete power over you as it will decide if you should purchase what you want to purchase, or if you are even worthy to do so. China now has a social credit system where if they say or do bad things the state does not like, they may not be able to travel or go to the store to buy things, etc. Business today in the US has introduced a similar social credit system, as those who are not woke or environmentally friendly enough have bad scores, which means no one else will want to do business with them or get government perks, etc. Now government and the corporate world have become One, and all held together with AI. Last I checked that is what was used to be called Fascism.

Luckily despots from the past had weaknesses. For example, Hitler was a drug addict and insisted on being in control of military operations, something he was not even qualified to do. This made him more prone to failure. However, what iF AI did most of his tasks, if not all? What if you had a super intelligent bot doing it all for you 24/7? It would have probably let Hitler win the war and the world.

Could AI be the "beast" spoken about in Revelation? And could digital currency be the mark of the beast spoken about in Revelation as people were commanded to take the mark in their right hand or forehead or not be able to buy and sell?

As for many being careful in developing AI, so as to limit it possible harm, that is out of the question because there is an arms race on with it, so caution needs to be thrown to the wind, just like God's wisdom has been thrown to the wind.
The Eve in your picture has a bellybutton

Seems as convoluted as the OP and makes God look dumb.
But they teach their god of this world is the hinderer and adversary and they claim themselves that god of this world, read David Cloud on this subject, but also in their own words & proclomations:
"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ
himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895.

"For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director,
thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and
Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109
The title "Lord God the Pope" is found within a gloss of Extravagantes of
Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4,
Roman Catholic Canon Law stipulates through Pope Innocent III that the Roman pontiff is "the vicegerent upon earth, not a mere man, but of a very God;"

Remember, they call Satan the god of this world then admit they are that Satan (god of this world) while they sell paradise in death (the opposite of the creators creation of life)

But they teach their god of this world is the hinderer and adversary and they claim themselves that god of this world, read David Cloud on this subject, but also in their own words & proclomations:

Roman Catholic Canon Law stipulates through Pope Innocent III that the Roman pontiff is "the vicegerent upon earth, not a mere man, but of a very God;"

Remember, they call Satan the god of this world then admit they are that Satan (god of this world) while they sell paradise in death (the opposite of the creators creation of life)
Not sure what that has to do with the tree of knowledge of good and evil. But it seems to me it was pretty much always going to be this way. So I think too many people are reading way too much into this account.

The tree of knowledge represented knowledge obtained by experimentation rather than revealed knowledge.

The Proverbs are revealed knowledge, which mankind has rejected in favor of their own made-up knowledge.
The tree of knowledge is a reworked rip off from Greek Mythology, the story of Pandora's box

The tree of knowledge is a reworked rip off from Greek Mythology, the story of Pandora's box
And what was the point of the story of Pandora's box? Because I don't believe these accounts are making the same point.

You may be conflating Gnosticism with Catholicism.

Most Catholics regard the Pope as a "representation" of Jesus Christ on Earth. (As in the leader of the Roman Catholic Church) I've been Catholic for 40+ years and I have yet to hear a single Catholic refer to the Pope as Jesus Christ. If you were to attempt to call Pope Francis, "Lord God Pope Francis" I'm relatively sure he would offer a kind rebuke.

The term "Satan is the god of this world" refers to the vast temptations of this world (Money, greed, adultery, anger, jealousy, discrimination, wrath, etc) and how most of the world has succumb to these temptations. ( At one point or another).

It is Roman Catholic doctrine to reject Satan. We testify to the fact when we are Baptized and Confirmed:

According to the Roman Ritual of the Catholic Church, three questions are addressed to the person to be baptized:

"Dost thou renounce Satan? and all his works? and all his pomps?" To each of these interrogation the person, or the sponsor in his name, replies:

"I do renounce".
"I do renounce"
"I do renounce"

It cannot be anymore clearer or direct than that.

The Roman Catholic Nicene Creed, that is prayed at every mass, should answer your questions about who we worship and what we think about the Pope.

The Roman Catholic Nicene Creed:

I believe in one God, (Not the Pope, Not Mary, Not the Saints, Angels, etc ONE GOD)

the Father almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,

born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;

through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven,

by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,

and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,

he suffered death and was buried,

and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead

and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father and the Son,

who with the Father and the Son, is adored and glorified,

who has spoken through the Prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins

and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead

and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Last edited:
God knew that once mankind disobeyed him and ate from the tree of Knowledge, that they would succumb to sin and self awareness, meaning they "would surely die" because it would be extremely difficult for mankind to live sin free lives and they would be judged to a higher standard now that they were self aware.

I see it in more simple terms. It is widely accepted that Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible. Knowing that I suggest that the entire creation story is about the law coming into this world through otherworldly beings who brought news of God and the Law to the earth as a light to the nations, a light, divine instruction, manna from heaven, which separated light from darkness, clean from unclean, good from evil, life, sanity, from death, insanity, a curse.

the story of Adam and eve was just a literary tool, a fairy tale of sorts, to educate Hebrew children whose people just came out of hundreds of years of slavery in Egypt about the dangers of losing your mind, your sanity and awareness for life to cultic practices, the talking serpent, The Nachash, a direct reference to the pharaoh who wore a serpent on his head, the highest star of the ancient world and master at the magical arts, sorcery, what is now known as mind control

Last edited:

Forum List

Back