Zone1 Knowledge, the forbidden fruit

The biblical creation story. Adam and Eve, the topic of this thread.
So you think it is an extraordainary claim to say the universe began and everything unfolded naturally from there?

Or that man knows right from wrong and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he just rationalizes he didn't violate it?

So you think it is an extraordainary claim to say the universe began and everything unfolded naturally from there?

Or that man knows right from wrong and when he violates it rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he just rationalizes he didn't violate it?
I'm saying the biblical creation story is just that, a story. Nothing factual about it. Matter of fact I think that everything in the Bible is an insult to intelligence.

I'm saying the biblical creation story is just that, a story. Nothing factual about it. Matter of fact I think that everything in the Bible is an insult to intelligence.
Sort of like the story about George Washing chopping down a cherry tree wasn't factual but an allegorical account to demonstrate his honesty and integrity which was factual?

My point here is that this is how information was passed down in ancient times.... orally... through stories. They made them entertaining so they could be more easily remembered and more easily able to pass down.

It seems to me you are letting the embellishment get in the way of discovering what the true intent of these accounts were.

Sort of like the story about George Washing chopping down a cherry tree wasn't factual but an allegorical account to demonstrate his honesty and integrity which was factual?

My point here is that this is how information was passed down in ancient times.... orally... through stories. They made them entertaining so they could be more easily remembered and more easily able to pass down.

It seems to me you are letting the embellishment get in the way of discovering what the true intent of these accounts were.
But what about the dictum that every word in the Bible is God breathed or divinely inspired?

But what about the dictum that every word in the Bible is God breathed or divinely inspired?
I didn't attend Westboro Baptist church so I'm not obligated to be mindless. That would be just as bad as what you are doing which is to reject it all.

Here's what I believe. Technically the word of God is anything which is true because God is truth, as God is every extant attribute of reality. In other words, it doesn't necessarily have to be written in the bible to be the word of God. It only has to be the truth.

God didn't write the bible. Fallible men wrote the bible. Fallible men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit which used their fallibility to write these accounts in certain ways for certain purposes known only to the infallible Holy Spirit.

To understand a passage, chapter or book out one must know the literary style being employed, the context and the main point being conveyed. Then it's not that difficult to identify embellishment used to make the account more memorable which is usually making the account more dramatic and amazing. Like George Washington chopping down the cherry tree which wasn't really the point of the story.

Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong.

no, they do not know - they learn - and the aproximity is what is judge for losers - for who triumphs their judgement will lead to their admission to the everlasting - or whatever happens to who would triumph contrary to the heavenly blessings.

what a&e were told when given a sack lunch and sent on their way for their journey - and self determination.

no, they do not know - they learn - and the aproximity is what is judge for losers - for who triumphs their judgement will lead to their admission to the everlasting - or whatever happens to who would triumph contrary to the heavenly blessings.

what a&e were told when given a sack lunch and sent on their way for their journey - and self determination.
Man is born with an innate sense of right and wrong.

Man is born with an innate sense of right and wrong.

that is true ...

Then they said, “Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky the livestock and all the wild animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground.”

for all living beings ... to evolve their understanding correctly to know for themselves what only they were given temporarily at birth so as for that to never be taken from them - - the goal of the tyrant - bing.

that is true ...

for all living beings ... to evolve their understanding correctly to know for themselves what only they were given temporarily at birth so as for that to never be taken from them - - the goal of the tyrant - bing.
You should put that on a fortune cookie.

Maybe the tree is symbolic of the knowledge of carnal desires. Adam ate Eve's 'apple?' :banana:

Forum List

Back