Knowing God

:eusa_eh:

The heart is merely a highly specialized muscle that pushes blood around

So why does it break when you lose a loved one, or lose a love, or can't find love... etc. :):):)
it doesn't ;)

oh, and btw, research has indicated that some neuro-chemicalss that make one feel sad can get into the blood.. and interact in the intestines.. causing 'gut feelings'

And you do know that folks die of broken hearts don't you?

Depends on what you're referring to...[/QUOTE]

Jb, I am as unreligious as you are. When I speak to the heart, I speak to something that can't be identified scientifically. You do know I don't literally mean heart as in the muscle, don't you?

My daughters father died suddenly. His mother who was the mother of five, healthy, no physical problems, could lift the couch to vacuum. Died a weak to the day he did. Yep one week later. She had a strong heart. She was physically fit. Hell she was only 53. But he was her favorite, her baby. His death broke, destroyed her heart. So much so, that one week later she died in her sleep. Leave it to stress as that would be logical, personally I would leave it to love, because she loved him so much.

My daughters father died suddenly. His mother who was the mother of five, healthy, no physical problems, could lift the couch to vacuum. Died a weak to the day he did. Yep one week later. She had a strong heart. She was physically fit. Hell she was only 53. But he was her favorite, her baby. His death broke, destroyed her heart. So much so, that one week later she died in her sleep. Leave it to stress as that would be logical, personally I would leave it to love, because she loved him so much.

psychosomatic... It is possible to consciously control the heart rate (see shaolin monks' meditations); there ios no reason to believe the minds could't override the brain stem and shut down the heart andf lungs if the desire 9concious or sunconscious) were strong enough

psychosomatic... It is possible to consciously control the heart rate (see shaolin monks' meditations); there ios no reason to believe the minds could't override the brain stem and shut down the heart andf lungs if the desire 9concious or sunconscious) were strong enough

I totally agree... but I have to ask, what drives one to be able to regulate their heartbeat, shut down their brain stems lungs and an whatever else. If that were so easy to do, why the messy bloodied suicides? Why can't someone living day in day out suffering in pain, shut themselves down so easily? If it is love, then there truly is no scientific explanations for it... is there?

I totally agree... but I have to ask, what drives one to be able to regulate their heartbeat, shut down their brain stems lungs and an whatever else

To learn to do it consciously it's part of the meditation that brings them piece. You'd have to speak to a practitioner for a more in-depth explanation of how exactly it ties into their philosophy.

If that were so easy to do,

I never said it was easy

why the messy bloodied suicides?

Why spend years mastering an art to kill yourself if you have a gun?

Why can't someone living day in day out suffering in pain, shut themselves down so easily? If it is love, then there truly is no scientific explanations for it... is there?
The monks have been studied, but I don't recall the names ansd would have to Google it to pull up more info

Actually, it's kinda easy to learn. All you really have to do is pay attention.

By the way........the way the Shaolin monks do it? It's via meditation, and they are opening up their various chakras in order, so that they may re-join the Tao. You won't know they're dead until you touch them.

As far as broken heart syndrome? Well.............that is when a chakra is opened out of order, and the whole thing destroys itself.

Think of it as an explosion in a refinery.

valid belief requires evidence. Belief without evidence is faith

Who are you to determine what is valid and what is not?

We have plenty of evidence for our faith. You ignore it. Tell us it's invalid. Tell us that faith can have no evidence. and our belief is not valid.

Am I the only one with a birth defect.

Beukema: Who are you who thinks he can deny God His glory? You have no authority or power to steal the faith of any of the believers. Their crowns are theirs given by the Almighty. You have pushed the issue far enough. You shall see one in what you will say was a dream. I tell you this day that it may be testified of by those on this forum who will witness that I warned you. I will meet you and you will say that it was all a dream that you dreamed at night on your bed as you slept in a slumber. And by His Spirit you will know that it was I. Sweet dreams JBeukema. ROD

Jelly Butt.......you cannot BE God, as you are already a part of Him.

Your fingers can no more be "you" than any other part of your body. However........they are part of you, and the sum total of your parts is what makes up your entire being.

Now.....you can chop off a finger and still be "you", but, when you chop off that finger, that finger is no longer a part of you, it's just meat and bone, no longer with any identity other than that of a finger.

Might wanna think twice before committing blasphemy like that. The Big Guy kinda frowns upon it, and, if He sends in Karma to handle it........your life will get VERY interesting.

Just a friendly warning.

I just did with my last post. You are the one that chooses to ignore it.

And no........Karma does hang out with God. So does Buddha. So do a lot of other deities.

So........I'm just saying..........would be unfortunate to start living each day of your life like life was a shit sandwich for you, and every day is lunchtime.

No.......God isn't exclusive, it's the box that mankind puts Him into that is exclusive.

Ever hear of bigotry, or like currently is with the GOP, if you're not with us, you're against us?

Men are the ones that put God into a box and state that He only hangs out with white, anglo saxon types. By the way, if you were to check into the history of the Tibetan Book of the Dead, you would find out that Yeshua (Jesus) wrote it. And.......if He was in India, writing things for them, don't you think He would have at least a passing acquaintance with Karma? And........since (according to the Bible), Yeshua IS God made man, that would mean that They (God and Yeshua), were visiting India, wrote the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and probably met Karma, Kali, and a whole lot of other deities.

So........tell me again how "exclusive" God is.

Oh yeah.........Buddha was a Tibetan prince, who sneaked out one night, and saw 3 different states of mankind.

He then decided to follow a spiritual path, and traveled over to China, where he sat under a Banyan tree and became enlightened.

See? It's the boxes that people put God in that makes everyone think He's exclusive.

What part of King of the Universe do people keep forgetting?

Oh yeah.........Buddha was a Tibetan prince, who sneaked out one night, and saw 3 different states of mankind.

He then decided to follow a spiritual path, and traveled over to China, where he sat under a Banyan tree and became enlightened.

See? It's the boxes that people put God in that makes everyone think He's exclusive.

What part of King of the Universe do people keep forgetting?

Sausagesailor, you'll fucking believe anything, won't you?

Bee, believe in yourself, that should be sufficient.

Ever read the book "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse?

Oh yeah........might wanna look it up on the 'net. You know......that magic box that you use to hurl feces around on messageboards.

China is the country of origin for Buddhism, but Siddhartha was STILL an Indian prince.

Read a book sometime, you may learn something other than how to be an asshole, I'll Smoke Anyone's Gunn.

You're a total tool as well, because a bag of hammers is smarter than you.

Forum List

Back