Knowing God

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Is it possible to know whether God exists?
What would it take to convince you that God exists?
Would you want to know that God exists?
What would you be willing to do to learn?

If god exists, it should be possible to know that

demonstrations of the truly supernatural controlled by a conscious force would be a good start

ideally, I'd like to possess all knowledge

you're starting to sound like Yukon asking the alter boys if they want to stay for 'private study'... :eusa_eh:

If god exists, it should be possible to know that

demonstrations of the truly supernatural controlled by a conscious force would be a good start

ideally, I'd like to possess all knowledge

you're starting to sound like Yukon asking the alter boys if they want to stay for 'private study'... :eusa_eh:

You can not resist can you? You have to try to dissuade others from believing in God, attack or belittle ever post where someone does not believe as you do.

YOU complain about the religious trying to persuade you to believe and do the SAME AGAINST the religious by trying to persuade them God does not exist.

You can not resist can you? You have to try to dissuade others from believing in God, attack or belittle ever post where someone does not believe as you do.

shut the fuck up and quit bitching. Av asked questions and I answered them honestly.

No you did not. You INSIST on attacking every religious post you can. You are NOT accomplishing your goal dumbass, you see those that believe are not swayed by your carping and those truly interested in learning are not either.

shut the fuck up and quit bitching. Av asked questions and I answered them honestly.

No you did not. You INSIST on attacking every religious post you can. You are NOT accomplishing your goal dumbass, you see those that believe are not swayed by your carping and those truly interested in learning are not either.

Look, just because you're life sucks and you're all mopey doesn't mean you have to snap at everyone smarter than you because they make you feel stupid and you have no self-esteem.

Go take a fuckin' happy pill and chill the fuck out, since you're clearly too stupid to be involved in this discussion.

Faith is not knowing.

Hence the different words, know what I mean?

Faith is believing without knowing

Actually, RGS is closer to being right than you guys.

A friend of mine once showed me the difference between belief and faith, as well as provided me with a good understanding of the two............

If I'm watching a commercial on television, which promises to get my whites and colors cleaner, as well as with less wear, than the others? Well..........I go to the store on the belief that what the commercial told me was true, and buy the detergent.

I then try it to see how it compares to what I'm currently using.

If it's better? Next time I go to the store, I'm not going on belief, but rather on faith, because now I have proof that it's working as advertised.

If it's worse? Next time I go to the store, I go on the faith that what I have is better than what I'd just tried.

Is it possible to know whether God exists? Yes.

What would it take to convince you that God exists? God already has me convinced.

Would you want to know that God exists? I already do.

What would you be willing to do to learn? I am always up to learning more about the creator.

Is it possible to know whether God exists? Yes. There is proof of it every day. Some people call them "coincidences", which is actually a myth, as coincidences are God's timing, as well as answers to your questions. Look for those, listen to that small still voice inside yourself (some call it their conscience), and pay attention to what it tells you.

What would it take to convince me God exists? Nothing. I already have faith that He does. Matter of fact, there are several things that have happened in my life, which PROVES to me that God does in fact, exist. Several times I should have died. Several times, I should have had something different happen to me than what did (usually better than I deserved).

Would you want to know that God exists? Yes. How else would you be able to understand the world as well as the miracle of life?

What would I be willing to do to learn? Same thing I'm doing now. Studying Judaism, Tao, and examining how various people of various Christian sects have edited, abused, mis-used, as well as lost, quite a bit of meaning from the original Hebrew texts. Also, practicing with telepathy (it exists.......look up thought guided wheel chair or thought controlled video game), and painting with clouds. Always keeping an open mind, and trying to be kind to people who are kind to me.

But if ya fuck with me........game on.

Next time I go to the store, I'm not going on belief, but rather on faith, because now I have proof that it's working as advertised.

If it's worse? Next time I go to the store, I go on the faith that what I have is better than what I'd just tried.

Wrong you're going on either:

-Knowledge: You observed a distinct difference
or
-Belief: You might not know (not a distinct, demonstrative difference, ut you believe that it seems cleaner)

You went on faith the first time, taking the product at its word and believing without evidence or reason* that it would work as advertised

*Even iif you have reason to believe the company (good history), you have no reason to believe the claims regarding that produc. Compare to believing a man because he's always told you the truth, and then he tells you the sjy if green today or somethiong)

Faith is a matter of the heart. Anyone that can clearly define that matter, would most likely become a trillionare. So far, no one has.

:eusa_eh:

The heart is merely a highly specialized muscle that pushes blood around

So why does it break when you lose a loved one, or lose a love, or can't find love... etc. :):):)[/quote]
it doesn't ;)

oh, and btw, research has indicated that some neuro-chemicalss that make one feel sad can get into the blood.. and interact in the intestines.. causing 'gut feelings'

And you do know that folks die of broken hearts don't you?

Depends on what you're referring to...

Forum List

Back