KissMy Cash to Everyone Stimulus Plan - Who's With Me?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by KissMy, Apr 28, 2011.

1. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    KissMy Cash to Everyone Stimulus Plan - Who's With Me?

We are firmly in the grasp of a double dip recession. 1099 workers & small business owners who can't collect their debt are suffering the worst. There is no relief for them. Stimulus tax credits & unemployment does not apply to these folks. They are just screwed.

We need a Bush stimulus where everyone gets money, not just certain political favorite groups. If the Fed is printing free money it should go to the citizens first. After all it it the citizens who will have to pay it back. Government employees & contractors should not get the free money first.

If small business is not turning a profit then tax cuts are not helping them. We need a fast acting stimulus now. Handing out cash to everyone evenly is the fastest stimulus there is. If bureaucrats get involved you will never see a dime. If we took the $1.5 Trillion deficit money that has to be printed every year & divided it among our 300 million citizens it would be $5,000 a year each. There would be no recession or depression if that happened. Tax revenues would skyrocket.

Paying people unemployment is paying them not to work. Tax cuts only helps those who are not hurting because they are already earning enough to pay taxes. Cash to everyone is fair, helps the ones who fall through the cracks & does not reward bad behavior. Cash to everyone pay back the savers who lose value as the dollar declines in value. It will increase tax revenue faster than anything.

Did I mention it is fair to everyone?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    SOoooooooo... you want to literally redistribute wealth?

3. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    Is that not what is happening already? The thing is it is only getting redistributed to certain politically favored groups. Everyone is not participating in the free money handout, but everyone is feeling the pain of high national debt, high prices & lost savings.

You tell me why a laid off 1099 worker or a unprofitable small business owner should have to bear the cost of high national debt, high prices & lost savings while he enjoys none of the free money benefits that go to special interest?

Government will just have to cut spending across the board to pay for this. Government can only spend what it earns / collects. People who will lose revenue & income because of the slashed government spending will be compensated by their $5,000 printed money stimulus. The increased economic activity from the printed money stimulus will increase government tax revenue. People will have money to spend on energy saving technology & alternative energy to offset the higher energy inflation coming at them. It will be a free-market energy solution.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  4. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Correct. Obviously it would be best if the government would cut spending and balance the budget. But if they're going to print money anyway and provide some sort of veiled 'stimulus', it would be best to just send the money directly to the citizens. Otherwise, it's just a slush fund.

5. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Retired USAF Chief Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Okay, wait a minute. We have a 1.5 trillion deficit this year, money that we're going to owe somebody. That money is already earmarked in the budget for things like defense, SS, healthcare, welfare, and so on. If you're going to shift it to a payout, then you need another 1.5 trillion in new money or else you have to cut 1.5 trillion in gov't spending somewhere. Now you're talking about a 3 trillion deficit this year instead of 1.5.

That aside, cash stimulus has never worked. Cuz it's a temporary thing, one time good deal that people use to pay down debt or save. Bush tried it twice but it's really a gimmick that does not solve the problem.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  6. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    This Bush spending you speak of, was the straw that broke the camels back.

It is the main reason I left the GOP.

How the hell do you take the so called surplus money and not use it to pay down the debt?

That was the worst idea I ever heard until the new trifecta of doom spending bills came out.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    PLease tell me you're kidding.

It didn't work when Bush did it.
    The initial bandaide to keep the banks in money [how the fuck does that work?] kept us from going under [suposedly]
    Then the next 2 didn't do anything but push the debt to an insane level.

but you honestly think it will work, this tume, cuz they will be giving us money directly?

8. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    Government will just have to cut spending across the board to pay for this. Government can only spend what it earns / collects. People who will lose revenue & income because of the slashed government spending will be compensated by their $5,000 printed money stimulus. The increased economic activity from the printed money stimulus will increase government tax revenue. People will have money to spend on energy saving technology & alternative energy to offset the higher energy inflation coming at them. It will be a free-market energy solution.

9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    I don't think that's what the OP is about. It's a take on the stimulus package that Obama and the Democrats pushed on the American people. If the government is going to force this garbage on us anyway, they might as well send it directly to the people. Of course the OP needs to explain exactly what he means, but that's my take.

10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie... Everybody wants a fucking handout. That's what's wrong with America today.