CDZ Kim Davis And The Rule Of Law

Boss still misunderstands the relationship between rights and employment.

When an employer requires certain things, like you cant bring a gun to work....

You can tell them to go fuck themselves....

You cant be derilect of duty as refuse the services of your office.....

That is not taking away your rights. You are voluntarily employed there and can leave at any moment and by not leaving, YOU give up whatever right, like your firearm rights......YOURSELF, your employer doesnt because he is not forcefully employing you.

Its really, absurdly simple.

So you admit that Kim Davis was committing religious tyranny on her employees by making them follow her interpretation of "god's authority".

I admitted no such a thing. Don't know where you get this from. It's typical of lefties though... you're always "interpreting" things that aren't there.
So you don't know that she actually did say on camera that she was acting on "god's authority" instead of the authority of the state of Kentucky. That is religious tyranny.

I don't care what she said or whether it was on camera or not. But she has every Constitutional right to act on god's authority and according to the 1st Amendment, that right cannot be denied. Religious tyranny would be the government forcing you to live by religious law, which means homosexuality would be banned entirely and would never be the basis for acquiring any kind of license.
You should care, because it shows her clear INTENT to go against the 1st Amendment of the Constitution....taking away the protections of the 1st not only from those she was elected to serve, but also those in her employ.

Again.. I am sorry you don't seem to comprehend religious freedom. I know it may be a shocker for some secular liberals but "freedom of religion" does not mean that you simply get to believe whatever you like but you have to do as we say when it conflicts.

Boss still misunderstands the relationship between rights and employment.

When an employer requires certain things, like you cant bring a gun to work....

You can tell them to go fuck themselves....

You cant be derilect of duty as refuse the services of your office.....

That is not taking away your rights. You are voluntarily employed there and can leave at any moment and by not leaving, YOU give up whatever right, like your firearm rights......YOURSELF, your employer doesnt because he is not forcefully employing you.

Its really, absurdly simple.

No one told anyone to go fuck themselves. What are you talking about?

I challenge Boss to, in an open carry State, get a job as a YMCA after school child care counselor.....

And bring YMCA to court for not allowing you to bring your gun to work, to watch the kiddies.

Well, your employer cant take away those 2nd A. rights now, right? Youll win, its a breeze!

You are voluntarily employed there and can leave at any moment and by not leaving, YOU give up whatever right, like your firearm rights......YOURSELF, your employer doesnt because he is not forcefully employing you.

BULLSHIT... If this were true, we'd have NO Constitutional rights as employees of ANY company! Our Constitutional rights would be dictated by our employers! You don't like slavery? Sorry... the company policy endorses slavery... get over it! ...Does that sound right in your silly little head?

You are voluntarily employed there and can leave at any moment and by not leaving, YOU give up whatever right, like your firearm rights......YOURSELF, your employer doesnt because he is not forcefully employing you.

BULLSHIT... If this were true, we'd have NO Constitutional rights as employees of ANY company! Our Constitutional rights would be dictated by our employers! You don't like slavery? Sorry... the company policy endorses slavery... get over it! ...Does that sound right in your silly little head?
Its still over your head, painfully obviously.

Bring your gun to the ymca job.

Clearly they cant make you not!!

I challenge Boss to, in an open carry State, get a job as a YMCA after school child care counselor.....

And bring YMCA to court for not allowing you to bring your gun to work, to watch the kiddies.

Well, your employer cant take away those 2nd A. rights now, right? Youll win, its a breeze!

Apples and Pomegranates.

Apples and Pomegranates.
Yea, no.

A constitutional right and a constitutional right.

Its glaringly obvious you dont have carte blanche over your employer to practice your rights on the job, as you wish.....and they can, in fact, require you NOT TO.

Or else, bring the gun and then bring the Y to court, see what ya get.

Its still over your head, painfully obviously.

Bring your gun to the ymca job.

Clearly they cant make you not!!

It's company policy we don't promote black people.... sorry Constitution!
It's company policy we discriminate against the handicapped... sorry Constitution!
Company policy we don't hire women... sorry Constitution!
Company policy you have to fuck the boss.... sorry Constitution!

We don't have slavery anymore so ALL employment is voluntary in this country. You do not give up ANY Constitutional rights as a condition of employment. Your Constitutional rights are not delegated by man, they are endowed by our Creator.

No, the judge jailed a government official who refused to do her job after she appealed his decision all the way up to the Supreme Court and was denied. She had her day in court and lost every single round.

I'm sorry, do you have a link to Ms. Davis' SCOTUS case?
Supreme Court Rejects Anti-Gay Clerk Kim Davis’ Emergency Application

Sorry you don't understand how courts work.. this was not a case. SCOTUS declined to hear it.
That's right....and what does it mean when a higher court declines to hear a case? Any guesses?

It means there wasn't a case because the court declined to hear the case.
In a way you are correct.....SHE doesn't have a case because the court declined to hear HER appeal.

she was voted in
as was Adolph Hitler.......
actually you are incorrect on that

No, he is quite correct. True, in 1932, the NSDAP did not get a plurality in the German popular vote, but that's not how their system works. It's a coalition formula to get, with two or more parties together, to 48.6% of the popular vote, which is considered absolute majority in Germany. So, actually, yes, although I find it quite distasteful, Hitler's NSDAP was duly elected in the 1932 parliamentary elections and his party was one of the two which formed the winning coalition. And in the next parliamentary election, the NSDAP came in around 98%. Sad, but true.

German electoral politics of then and also of now did not / do not work like our electoral politics.

you know hitler seized control as well as everyone else ( or at least you should know it)

stop with your stupid games

Hitler was elected and asked to form a government. He did and never let go.

for the last time

hitler was was appointed chancellor on 30 January 1933

In a way you are correct.....SHE doesn't have a case because the court declined to hear HER appeal.

I'm correct in another way as well.. Her appeal of a decision in one case where she is a defendant is not the same as a future case she may bring as a plaintiff on completely different grounds relevant to her own Constitutional rights.

It's a piss poor analogy. The YMCA is not restricting anyone's right to own a firearm.
No, youre doing a really bad job here at comprehending. But.....you do so for all the public to see so, awesome!!! :lol:

No, you're doing a bad job of constructing analogies to make your point and an even worse job of following CDZ rules of posting. But I digress.

The YMCA example would be equivalent if the YMCA demanded you sign their petition to ban all guns in America.

It's a piss poor analogy. The YMCA is not restricting anyone's right to own a firearm.
No, youre doing a really bad job here at comprehending. But.....you do so for all the public to see so, awesome!!! :lol:

No, you're doing a bad job of constructing analogies to make your point and an even worse job of following CDZ rules of posting. But I digress.

The YMCA example would be equivalent if the YMCA demanded you sign their petition to ban all guns in America.
Umm, no.

In the ymca example, they can stop you from practicing a right WHILE ON THE JOB.

Can they not?

Yea, yes they can.

Or else bring a gun and sue them, then.

Umm, no.

In the ymca example, they can stop you from practicing a right WHILE ON THE JOB.

Can they not?

Yea, yes they can.

Or else bring a gun and sue them, then.

Again... the 2nd Amendment doesn't give you the right to always possess a firearm. The 1st Amendment is more important because it is the first one and it guarantees the fundamental rights of speech and religion. So you are comparing apples to pomegranates. .

And the 1st amendment doesnt always gove you the right to dictate the terms of your job to your employer, either. Pretty simple. And obvious, since, well look how it played out.

And the 1st amendment doesnt always gove you the right to dictate the terms of your job to your employer, either. Pretty simple. And obvious, since, well look how it played out.

Well, it hasn't finished playing out. It's difficult to compare this with some other Constitutional right because all rights are different and somewhat unique. The right in question here is her right to practice her religious beliefs which do not condone gay marriages. She cannot be asked to sign something stating that she gives her permission to do something contradictory to her beliefs. Whether it is legal or a right is some other problem, not hers. She is bound by her religious conviction and you cannot demand she not adhere to it. She has the right to it.

This doesn't mean gay people can't get married. Davis herself as even offered a resolution that is reasonable and just. Have the licenses issued by the Governor or some other authority who wants to put their name to it and not her or her office. I share her opinion-- If it's a damn right, why does Kim Davis have to approve it?

All along, I have tried to tell you miscreants that this was not going to fly. This is what I meant by that. You are not going to force this down the social throat of America and not face some repercussions. You've only BEGUN to see the fight ahead. This issue is FAR FAR from over.

You will eventually wish that you had listened to Boss back in 2012, when he first proposed getting government out of the "marriage" business and replacing governmental recognition with civil contracts which have no marital connotation and no social or religious attachment. It would have resolved this issue to the satisfaction of all parties involved but you would hear nothing of that. Now, you will reap what you sow.

Gay marriage, here to stay and making people flail, become contradictory and reach reach and reach.

Im sitting cool enjoying the show.

Forum List

Back