Killer Astroid

Hang your ass out the window..with any luck a mini astroid will make it through the atmosphere and lance it for you.:lol:
Oh Hell Huggy, if the news reports an asteroid is on it's way to earth, I'm getting down with my ass high in the air. :lol:

Oh baby...I love it when you talk dirty..:lol::clap2::clap2::clap2:
It won't much matter because I'm fucked anyway so might as well be high up in the ass. *blushes*

I don't want to make light of this story but can't we send a rocket with Preparation "A" printed on the side and wax this motherfuckin space rock?

I don't want to make light of this story but can't we send a rocket with Preparation "A" printed on the side and wax this motherfuckin space rock?
well I think they need some idiot to apply that ointment...are you volunteering?

Well we and the Ruskies have 20-30,000 nukes. The space rock has no gravity. Hell we could just chip away at the fuckin thing till it is managable. If we could hit the same spot over and over eventually the thing would crack and bust up into smaller chunks all heading in different directions.

well I think they need some idiot to apply that ointment...are you volunteering?

I'll make you a deal.....you apply the ointment I need for my ass and I will save the world my lady?:eusa_pray:

I'll make you a deal.....you apply the ointment I need for my ass and I will save the world my lady?:eusa_pray:
sorry didn't you read, I will be too busy getting fucked up the ass to do anything. :lol:

Well we and the Ruskies have 20-30,000 nukes. The space rock has no gravity. Hell we could just chip away at the fuckin thing till it is managable. If we could hit the same spot over and over eventually the thing would crack and bust up into smaller chunks all heading in different directions.

but that has to be quite far away from Earth otherwise don't we get hit by lot's of small chunks?

For those of us that have some science in our background, this is an ongoing story. It does not concern if we might get hit, that is a certainty. It is when, and will we be far enough along to prevent that strike? Will we have people in power that are sufficiently in touch with reality and the scientific communtity to do the neccessary actions?

Not an idea to terrorize anyone with. Reality to challenge us to prevent such a catastrophe.

Yep. Humanity will face an extinction event from an asteroid, if we live long enough. It actually doesn't take a very large asteroid to wipe out civilization, as has been mentioned before. What's even more terrifying is the fact that if a decent size stellar fragment, say from an exploding star, passes close gravitational forces would be enough to do us in. No impact necessary.

When the time comes, if we are not advanced enough to do something about it, we'll meet the same fate as the dinosaurs.

The only long term solution to this problem is to start setting up self sustaining civilizations on Mars or Venus pronto, and outside the solar system as soon as possible after that. That way in the face of such an event there is an evacuation point, and a group of humans that would survive.

We are as a species ignorant assholes. We will waste our resources making things out of plastic and ourselves more attractive. We are vein and that will be our epitaph.

Even worse, there is that great majority that believes Jesus will swope down and save all the Good Christians or God will throw a veil of protection around the planet.

They would rather believe in mysticism than face reality.

sorry didn't you read, I will be too busy getting fucked up the ass to do anything. :lol:

I can't blame you for going out in the classiest way possible!.....do you have any girlfriends I can convince the world is ending up here in Canada?

but that has to be quite far away from Earth otherwise don't we get hit by lot's of small chunks?

Most..maybe 99% will miss. Anything else will be mostly burned up in the atmosphere or glance off.

No matter what happens smaller is better.

I can't blame you for going out in the classiest way possible!.....do you have any girlfriends I can convince the world is ending up here in Canada?
You're on your own bud, but I heard you are use to that. *winks*:lol:

Most..maybe 99% will miss. Anything else will be mostly burned up in the atmosphere or glance off.

No matter what happens smaller is better.
I've been lied to?

The funny thing is when you look at recorded history it's pretty obvious that our progress is constantly interrupted.

Once upon a time we could quarry, cut and move 100 ton stones like they were Lego pieces, now Space Aliens look as plausible as any other explanation. We find batteries thousands of years old in Baghdad, yet Ben Franklin is credited with "inventing" electricity.

Forum List

Back