Kill the innocent, but not the guilty?

Hagbard Celine said:
I posted this but nobody bit. So here it is again.

Hey, I'm not the one using profanity to get my point across. Has anybody here taken a good look at the human race recently? As ugly as it may be, "abortions of convenience" are the right of anyone who doesn't want to have a kid.

And if morning after pills were more widely used, there would be less abortions. Who disagrees?

If you don't want a child, don't get pregnant. It's as simple as that.

I used relatively small words. You should get it.

Hagbard Celine said:
And again the conservative poster resorts to violence. Has anyone here seen the opening scene of "2001: A Space Odyssey?"

Recommending castration is resorting to violence, but taking the life of an innocent child just for purely selfish reasons isn't?

You're an idiot.

Consider yourself dinged.

GunnyL said:
"Pregnant" and "simple" are two syllable words. :rotflmao:

True, but "abortion" is three syllables, and he's got that one down pat..

Shattered said:
True, but "abortion" is three syllables, and he's got that one down pat..

Nah .... he probably pronounces it 'bortion.

What I can't figure out is he seems determined to keep a homo thread and the jacking off thread going ....... :dunno:

Recommending castration is resorting to violence, but taking the life of an innocent child just for purely selfish reasons isn't?

Hey, if you had read my posts instead of whipping yourselves into a frenzy, you would have noticed that I said I would never ask a girlfriend of mine to get an abortion. What I'm saying is that people, women should have this option open to them.

Hagbard Celine said:
Hey, if you had read my posts instead of whipping yourselves into a frenzy, you would have noticed that I said I would never ask a girlfriend of mine to get an abortion. What I'm saying is that people, women should have this option open to them.

And again, why? Why should people have a convenient bail-out from being responsible for their actions?

Hagbard Celine said:

...and I asked quite clearly why if they didn't make a responsible choice the first time, they should be entitled to what's basically considered a "do-over".. You, on the other hand, decided to respond with an insult, and then have the nerve to get offended when I threw the slop back into your face.

Shattered said:
...and I asked quite clearly why if they didn't make a responsible choice the first time, they should be entitled to what's basically considered a "do-over".. You, on the other hand, decided to respond with an insult, and then have the nerve to get offended when I threw the slop back into your face.

Maybe the question's too hard?

Haha, I'm not "offended," so you can rest easy.

And again, why? Why should people have a convenient bail-out from being responsible for their actions?

In many cases, it can be argued that a woman is actually taking responsibility by getting an abortion. If a woman is raped or if a woman is really poor and cannot afford to have a kid, she is better-off not having the kid. The argument is, is it better for a kid to be born into a life of hunger and/or violence and grow up to be a criminal or a drug addict or grow up with parents who don't want or love him/her, or is it better for all parties involved for the fetus to be aborted? And if you subscribe to this argument, who would decide which pregnancies are abortable and which aren't? The best thing here is to just have the option available to everyone.

Hagbard Celine said:

In many cases, it can be argued that a woman is actually taking responsibility by getting an abortion. If a woman is raped or if a woman is really poor and cannot afford to have a kid, she is better-off not having the kid. The argument is, is it better for a kid to be born into a life of hunger and/or violence and grow up to be a criminal or a drug addict or grow up with parents who don't want or love him/her, or is it better for all parties involved for the fetus to be aborted? And if you subscribe to this argument, who would decide which pregnancies are abortable and which aren't? The best thing here is to just have the option available to everyone.

Poor, and raped are two totally different scenarios... Rape is the *only* way I can see using the morning after pill, and it damned well better BE the morning after. Poor is another situation entirely. Birth control and common sense are a HELL of a lot cheaper than the cost of an abortion. How much more simple does it need to be made before you'll understand it?

Hagbard Celine said:

The rape or incest argument doesn't wash. It is not the norm, and most moderate-thinking conservatives allow that rape/incest/medical necessity are valid reasons for aborting.

And the rest of your argument is basically saying the woman/parents are incapable for whatever reasons of providing a home for a child; which, goes right back to being responsible for their actions.

I really don't see murdering unborn human beings as much of an option when a little responsibility could preclude it.

Shattered said:
Poor, and raped are two totally different scenarios... Rape is the *only* way I can see using the morning after pill, and it damned well better BE the morning after. Poor is another situation entirely. Birth control and common sense are a HELL of a lot cheaper than the cost of an abortion. How much more simple does it need to be made before you'll understand it?

It's really simple: if you are too poor to raise a child, why are you having unprotected sex? BC pills are not that expensive. Less than the alcohol the woman was possibly drinking the night she "accidentally" conceived.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Abbey Normal said:
It's really simple: if you are too poor to raise a child, why are you having unprotected sex? BC pills are not that expensive. Less than the alcohol the woman was possibly drinking the night she "accidentally" conceived.

Isn't that what I just said? Copycat. :D :thup:

Hagbard Celine said:

In many cases, it can be argued that a woman is actually taking responsibility by getting an abortion. If a woman is raped ..... Bad stuff happens to good people, it is not the child's fault that the dad is a rapist. Put it up for adoption. or if a woman is really poor and cannot afford to have a kid, she is better-off not having the kid. No, with respect she is better off not having sex in a risky manner in the first place. If she needs relief, then d-cells are far less expensive or intrusive The argument is, is it better for a kid to be born into a life of hunger and/or violence and grow up to be a criminal or a drug addict or grow up with parents who don't want or love him/her, or is it better for all parties involved for the fetus to be aborted? Unwanted kids can be adopted, choices can be made to avoid the above, but no one yet can bring back the dead. And if you subscribe to this argument, who would decide which pregnancies are abortable and which aren't? The best thing here is to just have the option available to everyone.

Are you a religious person? If you are, then you know that most religions include a life before and after death. Yet they frown on abortion. One could make the argument that abortion merely recycles a soul. Yet, ask the various churches why it is wrong. Most will tell you that it is ............... killing.

Are you an atheist? If so, then you must know that abortion is even worse if you're right. Now you are taking a life and snuffing it out forever....... and ever. No soul, according to your worldview, to come back. Potential destroyed utterly with no hope of being restored.

Either way.......... You lose.

Forum List

Back