Kicking Arabs In The Teeth

Kathianne said:
How many ways to Tuesday can you attempt to cover your butt? Bottom line, you figure since the borders are sieves in the first place, let all in. disagree and am thankful that the opportunity to scrutinize this and other security issues was brought to the forefront. If it causes GOP problems, so be it.

No butt covering involved---I just have to repeat the truth over and over because of those who would twist it. WHERE did I say we would be safer if the UAE took over port operations? Link it -quote me --you can't because it's not true.

I agree--the security issue has been ignored for too long. Naturally it took a politcal attack and upcoming elections to get it in the forefront.

Bottom line, you figure since the borders are sieves in the first place, let all in.

another lie---you just can't stop can you?

dilloduck said:
No butt covering involved---I just have to repeat the truth over and over because of those who would twist it. WHERE did I say we would be safer if the UAE took over port operations? Link it -quote me --you can't because it's not true.

I agree--the security issue has been ignored for too long. Naturally it took a politcal attack and upcoming elections to get it in the forefront.

another lie---you just can't stop can you?
Ya know Dillo, anyone with a brain, which is most members, including the libs, can see what you are doing and what you've done. Bye.

Kathianne said:
Ya know Dillo, anyone with a brain, which is most members, including the libs, can see what you are doing and what you've done. Bye.

Agreed--I'm sure any support for a calmer approach would come from those who view the trade agreement hoopla with a logical and rational demeanor.

dilloduck said:
Suggestions, Gunny ? Boycott Saudi and UAE oil. Assist in overthrowing the Sa'ad's.

No. But how about this... America takes charge of all the ARAB ports...

Kathianne said:
How many ways to Tuesday can you attempt to cover your butt? Bottom line, you figure since the borders are sieves in the first place, let all in. I disagree and am thankful that the opportunity to scrutinize this and other security issues was brought to the forefront. If it causes GOP problems, so be it.

I totally agree Kathianne.

This whole debate is based on bad information and therefore completely moot. All it would entail is the trading of the administrative services. The dock workers would not change, the security detail would not be replaced with radical islamist terrorists etc. The paychecks would come from the UAE... Thats about it.

Before these guys, the British owned the ports that we are talking about. The Danish hold a significant number of ports inside the United States as well. Should we be freaking out about the Dutch threat as well?

alien21010 said:
This whole debate is based on bad information and therefore completely moot. All it would entail is the trading of the administrative services. The dock workers would not change, the security detail would not be replaced with radical islamist terrorists etc. The paychecks would come from the UAE... Thats about it.

Before these guys, the British owned the ports that we are talking about. The Danish hold a significant number of ports inside the United States as well. Should we be freaking out about the Dutch threat as well?

SO if it's not a big deal, why is the president whipping out veto powers? This will never make sense.

rtwngAvngr said:
SO if it's not a big deal, why is the president whipping out veto powers? This will never make sense.

Maybe because the deal is so sweet that the president doesn't want to lose this opportunity---especially because the libs have turned it into political hay.

This whole issue, and the way it`s being handled, IN THE MEDIA, and by CONGRESS, is a disgrace to this country.

There is so much "misinformation" being thrown about, and so many on the left are using this, for what they see as some kind of political advantage. Our government is being made to look ridiculous, and impotent, unable to do what it`s been charged with doing.

This is reaching(actually already there)ridiculous proportions.

Let those that know, do their job`s, stop the paranoia.

trobinett said:
Our government is being made to look ridiculous, and impotent, unable to do what it`s been charged with doing.

Without having come down strongly on either side of the issue, I would respectfully disagree with this statement, trobinett. Our government works for US; beyond upholding and defending the Constitution of the United States, it is charged with doing whatever the hell we tell it to, through our duly elected representatives.

That's going to look ridiculous and impotent to totalitarians, regardles of what we do. But, we've been confounding them for a couple of hundred years now.

musicman said:
Without having come down strongly on either side of the issue, I would respectfully disagree with this statement, trobinett. Our government works for US; beyond upholding and defending the Constitution of the United States, it is charged with doing whatever the hell we tell it to, through our duly elected representatives.

That's going to look ridiculous and impotent to totalitarians, regardles of what we do. But, we've been confounding them for a couple of hundred years now.

Understood musicman. But, as I`m sure you`ll agree, agency`s exist within our government to oversee these kind issue`s. The Congress we elected, created these agency`s, and staffed them with professional`s, people, that have made it their job to research just such issue`s, and MOST importantly, make informed decisions. Decisions based on FACT, not EMOTION.

Not one fact has been presented by those apposed to such a change of port administration, that would show, that same agency`s have made an error in judgment.

This is a POLITICAL issue, nothing more.

I stand by my original statement.

trobinett said:
Understood musicman. But, as I`m sure you`ll agree, agency`s exist within our government to oversee these kind issue`s. The Congress we elected, created these agency`s, and staffed them with professional`s, people, that have made it their job to research just such issue`s, and MOST importantly, make informed decisions. Decisions based on FACT, not EMOTION.

Not one fact has been presented by those apposed to such a change of port administration, that would show, that same agency`s have made an error in judgment.

Agreed----I heard a report on Fox that the White House and congressional leadership are nearing a deal where the WHOLE vetting process will start all over again. I sure hope it's televised. It outta be a great show!!

dilloduck said:
Agreed----I heard a report on Fox that the White House and congressional leadership are nearing a deal where the WHOLE vetting process will start all over again. I sure hope it's televised. It outta be a great show!!

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.
burncar.jpg

rtwngAvngr said:
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.
burncar.jpg
You need to calm down dude--the fire has been put out by those with national security foremeost in thier minds. Without even reading the box they have convinced everyone there is only shit inside.

dilloduck said:
You need to calm down dude--the fire has been put out by those with national security foremeost in thier minds. Without even reading the box they have convinced everyone there is only shit inside.

Calm down? What's wrong with a reference from a funny movie. I think you need to calm down, bud!

trobinett said:

Understood, as well. :beer: My point is , that I just can't get all that worried about what the world at large thinks of us. We've got our own way of doing things, and, so far, it's worked out moderately well for us.

alien21010 said:

You can't say that with any more certainty than people are that are saying it's based on credible information.

Forum List

Back