Kicking Arabs In The Teeth

I think the most reasonable question to be asked, and answered here, is, "WHY should we let an arab owned company, with known ties to terrorist entities, have ANY kind of hand in our VERY OWN PORTS SECURITY"? "WHAT KIND OF SUCKERS ARE AMERICANS TURNING INTO"?

I mean what the fuck are we thinking? It's like letting the fox gaurd the hen house. If you can't get in the front door, sneak in the BACK!

It's just one of those deals that should make REASONABLE people go, "whooo - hooo - hoooo.... hold on there a minute, something ain't right".

Bush's handling of the tidal wave of illegal mexicans is a massive disgrace, almost treasonous. With that in mind, I don't trust him for SHIT to make the right decision about ANYTHING to do with our national security at this point. And if he makes this deal go through by using a veto, he's just fucking up again, and I'd like to take back my vote. He's turned into a stark, raving idiot.

As far as "kicking arab's in the teeth"... line the sons a bitches up. I'll kick every damn one of them in the teeth until I can't kick anymore. Then give me a quick break, and I'll get right back to kicking. Getting kicked in the teeth beats the hell out of being made mince meat out of in a mile high collapsing building, or having your head slowly sawed off while you're tied up, wouldn't you say?

I think in this case, since the company is owned by the government of UAE, and the UAE has arguably the most terrorists per capita in the ME, that questioning their owning ANYTHING on US soil is reasonable.

The same people bitching continually that we take Saudi Arabia to task for the amount of terrorism Saudi's commit are wanting to turn a blind eye to a Nation every bit as bad because they say they're our allies.

theim said:
Also as usual: Republicans falling over themselves to brandish their Objectivity Credentials by siding with the rabid Dems, in the futile and frankly infantile hope that the Dems will one day reciprocate.

My prediction: The deal goes through after about a week more of huffing and puffing, until the next "scandal' of the week rolls along. Everyone forgets about it within a few months.

That captures it right there. This is a Democrat trap, set up by the media which skewered the facts in the first place. I fell for it, feel stupid now, and am furious that the cowardly media types are getting away with fooling the whole country.

Hypocrite bastards, they'll do this again, as soon as the next "scandal of the week" erupts.

NATO AIR said:
That captures it right there. This is a Democrat trap, set up by the media which skewered the facts in the first place. I fell for it, feel stupid now, and am furious that the cowardly media types are getting away with fooling the whole country.

Hypocrite bastards, they'll do this again, as soon as the next "scandal of the week" erupts.

You mean as soon as they create the next scandal ?

NATO AIR said:

Be careful you don't fall into another. If you were you, who would you rely on? :confused: Pulling rank as a neo-Mom! :laugh:

GunnyL said:
I think in this case, since the company is owned by the government of UAE, and the UAE has arguably the most terrorists per capita in the ME, that questioning their owning ANYTHING on US soil is reasonable.

The same people bitching continually that we take Saudi Arabia to task for the amount of terrorism Saudi's commit are wanting to turn a blind eye to a Nation every bit as bad because they say they're our allies.

Suggestions, Gunny ? Boycott Saudi and UAE oil. Assist in overthrowing the Sa'ad's.

dilloduck said:
Suggestions, Gunny ? Boycott Saudi and UAE oil. Assist in overthrowing the Sa'ad's.
No, give them the key so they can throw open the doors.

May or may not be a fair characterization, but it should be looked into. Same with the other ports, now that the American people are aware of foreign management. I'm very uncomfortable with Singapore and China, if that means federalization, so be it.

Kathianne said:
No, give them the key so they can throw open the doors.

May or may not be a fair characterization, but it should be looked into. Same with the other ports, now that the American people are aware of foreign management. I'm very uncomfortable with Singapore and China, if that means federalization, so be it.

Finally--a viable alternative. Maybe this will be thrown open for discussion and our governmental representatives can discuss the pros and cons of the nationalization of all US port operations.

dilloduck said:
Finally--a viable alternative. Maybe this will be thrown open for discussion and our governmental representatives can discuss the pros and cons of the nationalization of all US port operations.
Ahem, when have I NOT been saying that US should control 'all points of entry?' Piggybacker.

Kathianne said:
Ahem, when have I NOT been saying that US should control 'all points of entry?' Piggybacker.

you have been consistantly against any foreign companies or ports operating American ports. This is the first time you have hinted that maybe nationalization of our ports might be an answer to our security problems.

dilloduck said:
you have been consistantly against any foreign companies or ports operating American ports. This is the first time you have hinted that maybe nationalization of our ports might be an answer to our security problems.
IMHO it would be preferable to have American companies do so. I loath the idea of the government doing any security. But, if US companies cannot be found to man points of entry, water sources, nuclear and power plants, fine.

Kathianne said:
IMHO it would be preferable to have American companies do so. I loath the idea of the government doing any security. But, if US companies cannot be found to man points of entry, water sources, nuclear and power plants, fine.

I'd be tickled pink if an American company would have bid on this deal and got it. Reality is--they didn't.

dilloduck said:
I'd be tickled pink if an American company would have bid on this deal and got it. Reality is--they didn't.
You didn't sound 'tickled pink.' You sounded like we are all fing a holes for suggesting that our ports souldn't be under foreign control, much less Arab control. In any case, time will tell.

Kathianne said:
You didn't sound 'tickled pink.' You sounded like we are all fing a holes for suggesting that our ports souldn't be under foreign control, much less Arab control. In any case, time will tell.

No---I was just trying to throw some water on all the lies that were flying around. I assumed people might look at the big picture or the reality of the situation we are in but I was mistaken. Personally I think the death knell for the deal has sounded. American paranoia will take precedence over common sense and business sense. Time to look for another company to run the ports.

dilloduck said:
No---I was just trying to throw some water on all the lies that were flying around. I assumed people might look at the big picture or the reality of the situation we are in but I was mistaken. Personally I think the death knell for the deal has sounded. American paranoia will take precedence over common sense and business sense. Time to look for another company to run the ports.
Really? When calling out my posts, you kept up with the 'lies' bombardment. Where did I lie? I'm far from paranoid, much less naive. I have a very good sense of economics and am very grounded with common sense. So why your attacks?

Kathianne said:
Really? When calling out my posts, you kept up with the 'lies' bombardment. Where did I lie? I'm far from paranoid, much less naive. I have a very good sense of economics and am very grounded with common sense. So why your attacks?

So wanting all points of access and all borders monitored and owned by Americans' is a reality in your mind and makes good business sense? I think America's weakness scares you to death.

dilloduck said:
So wanting all points of access and all borders monitored and owned by Americans' is a reality in your mind and makes good business sense? I think America's weakness scares you to death.
So, you do NOT think that we should control borders? I for one am in favor of global business, but NOT security. You beg to differ it seems, your rationale? How are we 'safer' with UAE in control of the unloading of our ports?

Kathianne said:
So, you do NOT think that we should control borders? I for one am in favor of global business, but NOT security. You beg to differ it seems, your rationale? How are we 'safer' with UAE in control of the unloading of our ports?

I never said we will be safer. The people who have looked at this deal and know more about it than anyone here, feel that it will NOT be an increased security risk. It's you who claim we will be in more danger.
Controlling our borders is definately something the US needs to be doing and is not. I am not sure we even have the personel nor the finances to do it without sacrifices that Americans are unwilling to make.

dilloduck said:
I never said we will be safer. The people who have looked at this deal and know more about it than anyone here, feel that it will NOT be an increased security risk. It's you who claim we will be in more danger.
Controlling our borders is definately something the US needs to be doing and is not. I am not sure we even have the personel nor the finances to do it without sacrifices that Americans are unwilling to make.
How many ways to Tuesday can you attempt to cover your butt? Bottom line, you figure since the borders are sieves in the first place, let all in. I disagree and am thankful that the opportunity to scrutinize this and other security issues was brought to the forefront. If it causes GOP problems, so be it.

Forum List

Back