Kicked Out For Accurate Science

IUP has a FB page and is getting multiple negative reviews over this topic.

I wasn’t there, and I have no particular expectation of quality from universities, so I’ll leave the facts of this case for others to debate...

However, I do have a concern about how this gender issue will affect our cultural consciousness going forward. There appears to be a push to dissolve gender identity entirely, which could be detrimental to our ability to understand ourselves. I would even go so far as to say that there may be some who know this full well and are exploiting this opportunity to their own advantage.

Ancient wisdom traditions use male and female dynamics to foster psychological understanding and spiritual growth. Part of self-knowledge is discerning this left-brain/right-brain, mind/heart, logic/creativity, discipline/nurturing dynamic within ourselves, and forming a balanced “holy union” between the two. A union, not a homogenization. A union, not a disintegration.

By attempting to make the very language we use to talk about gender taboo, and move society toward “gender-blindness”, we are endangering an allegorical construct that has served mankind for thousands of years.

Certainly, a new model could be divised, but I’m left wondering if those who have much to gain by keeping humanity in the dark about our true nature (which includes inherent freedom and self-responsibility) are thrusting this issue to the forefront with ends other than respect and equality in mind. Just something to consider...

Forum List

Back