Kevin McCarthy Thinks Trump is Going to Prison

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Of course he is! LOL

Reporters asked McCarthy about the recent misdemeanor charges for the president's son, and he compared them to the accusations of Trump taking the classified documents and obstructing justice by not returning them. That's when he let it slip he thought "a political opponent" was likely going to prison.​
"Do you think it's equal and fair that a political opponent is gonna be given jail time — but a presidential son — and if you compare this to other individuals in America that have the same accusations against them, the same crimes that they had been guilty of, they are proposed to have ten years and another time period?" McCarthy said to CNN's Manu Raju.​

Of course he is! LOL

Reporters asked McCarthy about the recent misdemeanor charges for the president's son, and he compared them to the accusations of Trump taking the classified documents and obstructing justice by not returning them. That's when he let it slip he thought "a political opponent" was likely going to prison.​
"Do you think it's equal and fair that a political opponent is gonna be given jail time — but a presidential son — and if you compare this to other individuals in America that have the same accusations against them, the same crimes that they had been guilty of, they are proposed to have ten years and another time period?" McCarthy said to CNN's Manu Raju.​

That thread title is not exactly honest now is it Toro?...

If Trump goes to prison, while Biden et al gets away with massive corruption taking millions from foreign countries, there will be such an uprising against the DOJ and the weaponized government that the French Revolution will look like a day at the beach by comparison.

I will bet anyone of this forum $10,000 that Trump will not go to prison. The entire case may even be tossed due to prosecutorial misconduct.
I'm betting on conviction, but no jail time.

You d the case goes to trial (which is likely but not a certainty) and if the jury convicts the man at trial (also a possibility, albeit less likely) the President - there is no reason to assume that he would receive a prison sentence.

And that’s before we even talk about the prospect of a successful appeal. The legal theories of the special persecutor are kind of absurd.

Last edited:
If Trump goes to prison, while Biden et al gets away with massive corruption taking millions from foreign countries, there will be such an uprising against the DOJ and the weaponized government that the French Revolution will look like a day at the beach by comparison.
I would like to think that is true, but complacency seems to have overtaken this country. That is what the Democratic Party Regime is counting on.

Oh look another moderator troll....
HE asked, so I answered. How is that trolling?
I did my part my saying he would be convicted or pleaded, but not go to prison. It is probably up to him, but acquittal on the facts in front of a jury is not in the cards.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Of course he is! LOL

The Trump enablers are dropping off everyday.
It is tough to support a crooked loser.
Trump will attempt to take others down with him.

Well too bad you need this little thing called evidence.

The evidence against Trump is overwhelming.
The evidence against Biden is non-existent.

You d the case goes to trial (which is likely but not a certainty) and if the jury convicts the man at trial (also a possibility, albeit less likely) the President - there is no reason to assume that he would receive a prison sentence.

And that’s before we even talk about the prospect of a successful appeal. The legal theories of the special persecutor are kind of absurd.

I listened to the Michael Cohen podcast on Trump's indictment.

Obviously, Cohen has no reason to protect Trump. But he believes that Trump will never go to prison. He said that he couldn't be trusted not to reveal state secrets to other prisoners.

So if convicted, he'd be sentenced to house arrest.

FWIW.

Forum List

Back