Kerry's Specifics

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
and you thought he had none? Here we go:

Kerry Envisions No More U.S. Troops for Iraq

12 minutes ago

By Patricia Wilson

DUBLIN, Ohio (Reuters) - Democratic White House challenger John Kerry (news - web sites) said on Sunday he did not anticipate sending more American troops to Iraq (news - web sites) and promised a fresh start with U.S. allies "burned" by President Bush.

There was that 'positive campaigning' we've been hearning so much about. Don't worry, it gets better. Note the specifics!

Despite some clamor among Democrats for an accelerated U.S. military withdrawal, Kerry said Washington must stay the course but asserted he could do a better job of convincing foreign leaders to help with security and reconstruction in Iraq.

The Massachusetts senator, who voted for the congressional resolution authorizing Bush to use force to oust Saddam Hussein (news - web sites), said Bush misled Americans.

Here is where he really 'nails' his plan:

He rejected the suggestion that his plans were vague. "No, not at all," Kerry said.

"The problem is that this administration has lost credibility, they've pushed countries away."

"And I think that a fresh start changes the equation, particularly changes it for leaders in other countries who have great difficulty right now associating themselves with our policy and with the United States because of the way this administration has burned those bridges."

In the past, Kerry has not ruled out sending more Americans to join the 140,000 U.S. troops already in Iraq but has said he would encourage other countries, particularly Arab nations, to contribute forces.

'REAL PARTNERSHIP' WITH ALLIES

"I don't envision it," he said on Sunday when asked if he would send more U.S. soldiers. "I believe that my leadership and my plan to approach these countries -- and I'm not negotiating it publicly -- I know what I want to do. I know what I believe can be achieved."

Read the Whole Plan

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040801/ap_on_el_pr/democrats&cid=694&ncid=716

Kerry Says He Plans for Iraq Negotiations

4 minutes ago

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry (news - web sites) said he plans to use private negotiations to persuade other heads of state to assist in reconstructing Iraq (news - web sites), but he does not envision sending more U.S. troops there.

Kerry said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that a new president can make a "fresh start" with world leaders who opposed the war.

"If we demonstrate an America that has a foreign policy that is smarter, more engaged ... and more respectful of the world, we're going to bring people to our side," Kerry said.

I suppose he missed all the back and forth of Chirac et al? :lame2:

"We can make sure that other countries in the region — and this is critical — Iran, Syria, are not interfering with trying to establish a democratic Iraq and bring other countries like France and Germany and Russia to the reconstruction effort so that the Iraq economy can get off the ground and we can get some debt forgiveness," Edwards said.

Kerry said he has a plan to approach other world leaders, "and I'm not negotiating it publicly."

I guess he also missed when Chirac came out of those 'negotitions' and blasted the US. :tinfoil: Too, he must have missed the German elections and what Schroeder did there!

so he is going to reach out to the French and Germans. what kind of plan is that? Is he going to tell us HOW he is going to reach out to them? I mean if he has some plan that doesnt involve capitulating then fine tell us. if not then we dont need you.

so he is going to reach out to the French and Germans. what kind of plan is that? Is he going to tell us HOW he is going to reach out to them? I mean if he has some plan that doesnt involve capitulating then fine tell us. if not then we dont need you.

Honestly, the arrogance and blinders! Does he really believe Chirac has been acting in his fashion because of Bush? Then he's really whacked out. Chirac is acting in a way to prevent the United States from excercising its will. Not based on whether what is being done is good or not, simply from the standpoint of hegemony.

Kathianne said:
Honestly, the arrogance and blinders! Does he really believe Chirac has been acting in his fashion because of Bush? Then he's really whacked out. Chirac is acting in a way to prevent the United States from excercising its will. Not based on whether what is being done is good or not, simply from the standpoint of hegemony.

Exactly. If Kerry thinks Chirac is going to change his mind simply because Kerry looks French, he is dreaming. Chirac wants France to be a great world power and cant handle the fact that they would essentially be a Third world country if it werent for us proping them up.

Chirac needs to deal with the fact that France has never been lead to greatness by a French man,

Forum List

Back