Kerry's Detailed Plan!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Wow, the specifics!

USA TODAY

Plan is to bring troops home
By John Kerry
I know what our troops go through when they carry an M-16 in a dangerous place and can't tell friend from foe.
I know what they go through when they are out on patrol at night and don't know what's coming around the next bend.

I know what it is like to write letters home telling your family that everything's all right when you're not sure that's true.

As president, I will never send troops into battle without the right equipment or a plan to win the peace. I will bring back our nation's time-honored tradition: The United States never goes to war because we want to. We only go to war because we have to.

I will meet our sacred commitment to our brave troops in Iraq — to end their mission successfully and bring them home as soon as possible. At stake is whether Iraq will complete its march to democracy or degenerate into the next proving ground for terrorists.

My plan is to:

•Lead NATO to make the security of Iraq one of its global missions and to deploy a significant portion of the force needed to secure and win the peace there. NATO participation will open the door to greater international involvement from non-NATO countries.

•Internationalize the reconstruction efforts in Iraq to end the continuing perception of a U.S. occupation and help coordinate the rebuilding.

•Launch a massive and accelerated training effort to build Iraqi security forces that can provide real security for the Iraqi people, including a major role for NATO. This is not a task for America alone; we must join as a partner with other nations.

•Plan for Iraq's future by working with our allies to forgive Iraq's multibillion-dollar debt and involve our allies in the development of a new Iraqi constitution and the political arrangements needed to protect minority rights. At the same time, we should convene a regional conference with Iraq's neighbors to secure a pledge of respect for Iraq's borders and non-interference in Iraq's national affairs.

This is not an instant solution. There isn't one. But it's a realistic plan to share the burden and secure the peace and bring our troops home.

John Kerry is the Democratic candidate for president.

How about Kerry's plan for saving social security.....

There are 3 possible solutions, and Kerry told us what he would not do.

1) Would not cut benefits
2) Would not privatize it at all

Which leads the only other available option to save social security. Raise taxes!!!

Social Security will start running at a deficit by 2015 (spending more than it takes in). The Social Security Trust Fund in a bunch of government IOU's that will probably be paid until 2042.....the government has to find a way to pay the money, since the government floated the bonds as lip service to keeping SSN alive.

There needs to be a serious fix, in order to get this ship floating right, and Kerry isn't even providing a bucket to bail! In 2018 the shortfall will exceed $17BLN. (almost as much as Kerry proposed in increased spending on Pell Grants) By 2022 shortfall will be around $100 BLN (Kerrys amount to fund his energy trust, increasing veteran benefits and fully funding Head Start...not to mention the increases he has proposed in homeland security)

2027 the deficit will be closing in on $200 BLN (add in Kerry's aid to State and local government his national service plan and science and tech research....)

How the hell is he going to pay for it all? He says he won't cut benefits and he won't privatize it, so where else can the money come from? It would have to be a 50% increase in payroll taxes or an equivalent amount of our money.

People should start asking some hard questions of Sen Kerry (if he would only answer them, is another story, altogether).

Anyone care to guess how he will deflect this one?

Interesting that he proposes to "lead NATO". As far as I know, NATO is led by a 26 nation counsel, with each member having ambassador status. NATO has to have a UNANIMOUS vote to take action on anything; the process for getting anything approved is long and arduous.

Forgot to add the link thingy for those who want research what NATO is all about:

http://www.nato.int/

And NATO is based on the UN charter. If you read deep enough into the NATO stuff, you will find that NATO is tied to the UN Security Council, among other UN entities.

Kathianne said:
Wow, the specifics!

USA TODAY

So to understand correctly, John Kerrys plan is George Bushs plan basically except pretend it is new and different and then preface it and end it with 'bring home the troops' even though it will not result in troops coming home. Ok got it.

Travis

HGROKIT said:
Travis - I like your sig - however, I am sure at the time, he could not have anticipated the enemy from within :)

Not only was he anticipating them, he had seen them first hand. Do you think there were not spies and traitors in the late 1700s?

It is still sound advice even though weapons and tactics have changed.

Travis

tpahl said:
Not only was he anticipating them, he had seen them first hand. Do you think there were not spies and traitors in the late 1700s?

It is still sound advice even though weapons and tactics have changed.

Travis
I think our current politicians and judges are neither spies or traitors, just greedy people willing to sell out our constitution for a "more perfect union". That is the within I am speaking of.

Forum List

Back