Kellyanne Conway violated federal law in Alabama election, investigator finds

It seems like she would have violated it, the best i can tell. But i wonder why trumps lawyers didnt say anything? Is there some loophole? Is her specific job exempt?

Trump agreed with her. KellyAnn is safe. Btw, the entire Obama Regime was a violation of federal aw. Where is your outrage?

`
Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, ran afoul of federal laws last year by expressing preferences for one candidate and against another in Alabama’s special Senate election, a federal investigator said in a report released on Tuesday.

In a report submitted to President Donald Trump, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel found that Conway violated the Hatch Act, which regulates campaigning by most executive branch employees. In a release that accompanied the report itself, the office said it was submitting its report to the president “for disciplinary action.”

The White House pushed back against the findings. - source
`
When it rains, it pours. How is trump going to react to this?
`
So a politician who endorses a candidate has violated the law?

She's not a politician.
I get it, but why am I concerned about what anyone has to say about a candidate?
I listen to the person and check their legislative record.
Then I vote for them if they’re Russian.

You may not be concerned and neither am I when I vote but as you can see just on USMB there are some uneducated voters out there that decide by what TV, news outlets and executive branch employees.

Hatch Act of 1939 - Wikipedia

`
Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, ran afoul of federal laws last year by expressing preferences for one candidate and against another in Alabama’s special Senate election, a federal investigator said in a report released on Tuesday.

In a report submitted to President Donald Trump, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel found that Conway violated the Hatch Act, which regulates campaigning by most executive branch employees. In a release that accompanied the report itself, the office said it was submitting its report to the president “for disciplinary action.”

`
`

I imagine Kellyann will get a stern talking to

Last edited:
`

`
`

He will either use his free speech to declare the right to free speech.

Or listen to his lawyers and take the Fifth if he doesn't know what's really legal or not...

`

`
`
Sitting Duck on Dyke Dynasty

He'll force her to appear on Saturday Night Live with Kate McKinnon.

`

`
`

I imagine Kellyann will get a stern talking to

A day off with pay.

`

`
`

He's not going to do anything. Criminals don't care about the law.

`
`

`
So a politician who endorses a candidate has violated the law?
This is about the same as when Kellyanne "endorsed" Ivanka's jewelry line around the time of the inauguration. She had a lot to learn. I'm sure no one cares.
That was a serious question.
What a foolish law!
Read the post again. It is Executive branch employees, not politicians.
Let’s try and enforce it!
Ol' Donny's gonna give her a spankin' I'll bet. The "discipline" is all up to him. There won't be any.
I'm wondering why the OSC even prosecuted this. It's so minor and who cares? Is there some kind of push to isolate Trump entirely by pushing out every aide and advisor he trusts? What in hell is going on here?

Forum List

Back