Keith Olbermann SUSPENDED From MSNBC Indefinitely Without Pay

and it wasnt that he donated, it was that he didnt ASK FOR PERMISSION first
thats a fucking pathetic rules
i have no problem with requiring disclosure, but to require permission is pathetic

It's pretty pathetic to me too. But then I am wondering if this whole thing is only an issue because Olbermann has low ratings and MSNBC wanted to come up with a way to get rid of him without admitting what a poor job he was doing.

Except he's back on tuesday, which makes it more of a publicity stunt

I agree. I was unaware of that when I posted my opinion, more information changes perspectives.

Oh Look!! The publicity stunt (sorry folks, that's all it ever was) is over!! Olbermann will be back on Tuesday.......Saw that one coming a mile away......

Keith Olbermann returns to MSNBC on Tuesday | The Upshot Yahoo! News
And MSDNC proves once again it has no integrity or balls.

Why?

It's hilarious. One set of wingnuts attacking MSNBC for suspending him, the other set attacking MSNBC for bringing him back.

Irrational hatred personified.

It's pretty pathetic to me too. But then I am wondering if this whole thing is only an issue because Olbermann has low ratings and MSNBC wanted to come up with a way to get rid of him without admitting what a poor job he was doing.

Except he's back on tuesday, which makes it more of a publicity stunt

I agree. I was unaware of that when I posted my opinion, more information changes perspectives.

No, you were just wrong.

Oh Look!! The publicity stunt (sorry folks, that's all it ever was) is over!! Olbermann will be back on Tuesday.......Saw that one coming a mile away......

Why?

It's hilarious. One set of wingnuts attacking MSNBC for suspending him, the other set attacking MSNBC for bringing him back.

MSNBC who??? ..... Oh yeah. Indifference is also an option. ;) :lol:

Why?

Well, by the rules established here...they fear him.

SHHHHHHHHH!

keith-olbermann-small1.jpg

Say what you will, but the publicity stunt worked - Olbermann's rating will get a slight boost for a day or two, and a lot of people were talking about it over the weekend. That is exactly what a publicity stunt is supposed to do - attract attention.

So please lefties, stop pretending that MSNBC has some higher journalistic standards than FOX or anyone else - they don't - they are a business that thrives on RATINGS. They'll do anything to get them - they will even employ morons that get a thrill up their leg when Obama farts, or create silly publicity stunts like this......

Last edited:

HEY NOW...they took a stand for FOUR DAYS.:lol:
So...violate MSDNC's "journalist integrity" :)doubt:) standards, and you get a long weekend. Woot!

Why?
Because they caved. Journalistic integrity? Ain't got none. You violate the rules, you get a long weekend. That'll put the fear of Gaea into the other Dem shill talking heads, won't it?

But...but...but all us wingnuts are supposed to be in rigid lockstep! :eek:

Looks like another bullshit lefty meme gets shot out of the saddle. :lol:

I supported his leave of absence because he violated company policy. He knew about it, and was dumb enough to sign the contract, or arrogant enough to think it didn't apply to him. Note the stupidity and arrogance are not mutually exclusive, as he proves on a regular basis.

However, I think the policy shouldn't apply to commentators, as their job is opinion, not journalism.

Does that make sense to you, or are you going to stick with the "irrational hatred" bullshit?

Why?
Because they caved. Journalistic integrity? Ain't got none. You violate the rules, you get a long weekend. That'll put the fear of Gaea into the other Dem shill talking heads, won't it?

I supported his leave of absence because he violated company policy. He knew about it, and was dumb enough to sign the contract, or arrogant enough to think it didn't apply to him. Note the stupidity and arrogance are not mutually exclusive, as he proves on a regular basis.

However, I think the policy shouldn't apply to commentators, as their job is opinion, not journalism.

Does that make sense to you, or are you going to stick with the "irrational hatred" bullshit?

The 'lockstep' involved here is all you wingnuts trying to find some way to bash MSNBC over this, in a classic damned if they do damned if they don't manner.

HEY NOW...they took a stand for FOUR DAYS.:lol:
So...violate MSDNC's "journalist integrity" :)doubt:) standards, and you get a long weekend. Woot!

Have you confirmed that the 'without pay' part of the suspension without pay has been rescinded?
Keef's one of those eeeeevil rich people, right? He can afford it.

Oh, wait, that is unless you're a total hypocrite about the politics of wealthy people. You are, aren't you?

The 'lockstep' involved here is all you wingnuts trying to find some way to bash MSNBC over this, in a classic damned if they do damned if they don't manner.
:rofl: Backpedal fail!!

Forum List

Back