Keith Olbermann Ratings Sinking

I don't think Schuster and Tucker were replaced because of ratings. I think they were replaced because they did not spew the far left brand of vitriol that you see from Maddow and Olberman.. it's like watching a gigantic meltdown at KOS every night most people don't like that kind of hate fed on a nightly basis,, that's why Fox out ranks them 4 to 1.

Maddow? vitriol? What an ignorant insane twit you are... .you might not agree with her, but even Pat Buchannan treats her with respect becasuse she's only ever polite. And her facts are always dead on...

so you can disagree with her OPINIONS... but vitriol?

you keep proving what a freak you are.

too amusing.

Rachael is so smart and respected. Not even a microorganism of hatred in that girl.

She is respected by the right and the left. Like jillian said, she gives respect to ALL her guests, no matter their political party,and in return she receives that same respect.

And she is smart, smart, smart! I just love her!

I don't think Schuster and Tucker were replaced because of ratings. I think they were replaced because they did not spew the far left brand of vitriol that you see from Maddow and Olberman.. it's like watching a gigantic meltdown at KOS every night most people don't like that kind of hate fed on a nightly basis,, that's why Fox out ranks them 4 to 1.

Maddow? vitriol? What an ignorant insane twit you are... .you might not agree with her, but even Pat Buchannan treats her with respect becasuse she's only ever polite. And her facts are always dead on...

too amusing.

Rachael is so smart and respected. Not even a microorganism of hatred in that girl.

Keith is a horse's ass rather like Sean, but Maddow I will listen to. She's somewhat less smug than Olbermann. Her stories are slanted IMO but she gives guests a chance to answer and listens to what they have to say.

This kind of thread comes up every couple of months. Funny how he remains on the air, isn't it even though his ratings are in the tank?
Probably because NBC/Universal/GE threw a steamer trunk full of money at him in a multi-year deal to keep his hate festival up an running.

One of the traits of committed politicos in general, and leftists in particular, is the their apparently pathological propensity to do even more of what already isn't working -just do it louder, bigger, and more expensively- rather than cut their losses and do something else.

too amusing.

She is respected by the right and the left. Like jillian said, she gives respect to ALL her guests, no matter their political party,and in return she receives that same respect.

And she is smart, smart, smart! I just love her!

EZ I respect your opinion,, but I don't like Maddow. when I say vitriol I refer to her relentless persual of "justice" of Bush and Cheney and inflammatory remarks of Americans soldiers torturing.. that is to what I refer.. and no, I've never seen her be mean to a guest,, can't say that I've seen Olberman be mean to a guest either,, but he sure spews the vitriol.. relentlessly.

Yeah...She's like that on the teevee, but her radio program (which she doesn't even do anymore, in lieu of running the audio of her nightly GLBTNBC gig) was nowhere near as polite.

Maddow's smarmy attitude reminds me of the little girls in 5th grade who started sprouting titties before the rest of the girls, who in turn carried on as though the fact automatically made them one of the adults in the room.

too amusing.

Keith is a horse's ass rather like Sean, but Maddow I will listen to. She's somewhat less smug than Olbermann. Her stories are slanted IMO but she gives guests a chance to answer and listens to what they have to say.

she's kinda child like isn't she,, rolling her eyes around popping under the desk,, real antics..

Yeah...She's like that on the teevee, but her radio program (which she doesn't even do anymore, in lieu of running the audio of her nightly GLBTNBC gig) was nowhere near as polite.

Maddow's smarmy attitude reminds me of the little girls in 5th grade who started sprouting titties before the rest of the girls, who in turn carried on as though the fact automatically made them one of the adults in the room.

she was one of the nasties that made the "tea party" into "tea bagging" no vitriol there huh?

Just because Maddow doesn't raise her voice doesn't make her any less of a douchebag than Olbermann or Hannity. She is Olbermann with mammeries and a gentle demeanor.

If I were being cynical and sarcastic I would say that liberal thinking people have better things to do than to watch TV all the time, I would add to that that right wing wingnuts of the conservative republican bent have nothing better to do and need something to think about or to fill the empty space that contains their brain, but I won't....

If I were being cynical and sarcastic I would say that liberal thinking people have better things to do than to watch TV all the time, I would add to that that right wing wingnuts of the conservative republican bent have nothing better to do and need something to think about or to fill the empty space that contains their brain, but I won't....
There may be some truth to that. Not everyone is a good listener. Not everyone can pay attention or concentrate for long periods of time.

Why do you think Political Lefty Radio is such a failure?

Radio requires you to shut up and pay attention as well as use critical thinking skills which are sorely lacking in those of a leftist bent. Lefties don't want to think, they want to feel. Thinking makes them uncomfortable.

I submit to you that Political Lefty Radio and TV shows will always suffer in the ratings war precisely for that reason.

This kind of thread comes up every couple of months. Funny how he remains on the air, isn't it even though his ratings are in the tank?
Probably because NBC/Universal/GE threw a steamer trunk full of money at him in a multi-year deal to keep his hate festival up an running.

One of the traits of committed politicos in general, and leftists in particular, is the their apparently pathological propensity to do even more of what already isn't working -just do it louder, bigger, and more expensively- rather than cut their losses and do something else.

Really? Kinda sounds like what the GOP is doing right now with Sotomayor. Did you hear about a political cartoon that was in the OK paper today? Seems they had Sotomayor tied up as a piniata, with Obama handing out bats to the elephants (GOP), and telling them that he knows they want to take a whack.

How's about that oxycotin addled drug addict douchebag known as Limbidiot? He's been getting ugly, as well as now Gingrich is taking a cue from the leader of the GOP and backpedaling on his comments about Sotomayor.

Shit............Even Cheney is backpedaling.......he's now FOR gay marriage.

Yep.........it's become readily apparent that the GOP has no spine, and is fast becoming irrelevant.

You know........Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. And, if he was to see what kind of bastardization of his party, as well as seeing the racist attitudes that they currently have, I'm pretty sure that he'd be pissed.

It goes to the core of the hard left in this country.

They are essentially very unhappy people. When Bush was in office, they had a focus point for their unhappiness. (you see, they avoid at all costs looking at the real source of their unhappiness - themselves)

Now with Bush gone and Obama doing his thing, the angry sarcastic appeal that Olbermann held for them is greatly diminished. I read something a few weeks ago that the same thing is happening with the Bill Maher program - they are scrambling to find legit guests and mix it up a bit as the overtly leftist slant of every episode was wearing very thin.

The difference being, Maher has some degree of talent, and has a far higher likeability within the industry. Olbermann does not enjoy either of those positives.

It's not just Olbermann though - MSNBC continues to be a ratings drain for NBC and General Electric - kept around only for the fact that each institution is respectively very left-leaning.

In short, Olbermann's appeal is greatly diminished, particularly in relation to more moderate and educated liberals.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZr3CX6CpiQ[/ame]

Really? Kinda sounds like what the GOP is doing right now with Sotomayor. Did you hear about a political cartoon that was in the OK paper today? Seems they had Sotomayor tied up as a piniata, with Obama handing out bats to the elephants (GOP), and telling them that he knows they want to take a whack.

How's about that oxycotin addled drug addict douchebag known as Limbidiot? He's been getting ugly, as well as now Gingrich is taking a cue from the leader of the GOP and backpedaling on his comments about Sotomayor.

Yep.........it's become readily apparent that the GOP has no spine, and is fast becoming irrelevant.

You know........Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. And, if he was to see what kind of bastardization of his party, as well as seeing the racist attitudes that they currently have, I'm pretty sure that he'd be pissed.
I didn't say that the behavior was the exclusive province of the left, just that they have a greater proclivity to exhibit the behavior...Including the leftists (which is no less than half of them) in the Republican Party.

Hate to bust your bubble, Bubba, but Lincoln was a total racist.

Last edited:

she was one of the nasties that made the "tea party" into "tea bagging" no vitriol there huh?

Yes, and her anti Palin rhetoric was rather glaring...not to mention riddled with lies also.

Cheney has been for gay marriage for many years.

AND

Speaking of ugly.....have you gone on any of your "lets rape women we don't like so they will shut up" rants lately? You are a funny one to be calling anyone else UGLY. Dipshit.

Forum List

Back