Keith Olbermann Ratings Sinking

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
Coutdown With Keith Olbermann Posts Lowest Ratings of the Year In May

Whether it’s post-election cable news hangover and/or seasonal declines as the weather improves, Countdown with Keith Olbermann hit its lowest ratings of the year in May down over 30% in the cable news adults 25-54 demo target from January.
Anybody here watch this show? I liked Keef when he was with ESPN but he blew it with me when he openly complained about having to report on Monica Lewinski so much. "All Lewinski. All the time", were his exact words.
My point in posting this is: We elected Obama so you would think media shows that support him or give him favorable coverage would enjoy ratings spikes right? In fact, just the opposite is true.
"But that is just one show MS. That doesn't show a trend" you may say. Good point.
Cable News
CNN’s AC360 is down almost 55% in the cable news target adults 25-54 demo from January to May, 2009.
Now, I realize some of you only watch AC180 because Cooper is gay. Nontheless it is a political show on a network that is said to be in the Obama supporter camp.
So the question I want to ask is:
If America is so intent on going left then why aren't the networks who support the left enjoying a ratings boost?

This kind of thread comes up every couple of months. Funny how he remains on the air, isn't it even though his ratings are in the tank?

MSNBC regularly replaces hosts with poor ratings. David Schuster and Tucker Carlson have both been replaced. Their anchors are replaced even more often than that.

Olberfuror would make a perfect Nazi in a WW2 movie, he is about the whitest dickhead in America. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Coutdown With Keith Olbermann Posts Lowest Ratings of the Year In May

Whether it’s post-election cable news hangover and/or seasonal declines as the weather improves, Countdown with Keith Olbermann hit its lowest ratings of the year in May down over 30% in the cable news adults 25-54 demo target from January.
Anybody here watch this show? I liked Keef when he was with ESPN but he blew it with me when he openly complained about having to report on Monica Lewinski so much. "All Lewinski. All the time", were his exact words.
My point in posting this is: We elected Obama so you would think media shows that support him or give him favorable coverage would enjoy ratings spikes right? In fact, just the opposite is true.
"But that is just one show MS. That doesn't show a trend" you may say. Good point.
Cable News
CNN’s AC360 is down almost 55% in the cable news target adults 25-54 demo from January to May, 2009.
Now, I realize some of you only watch AC180 because Cooper is gay. Nontheless it is a political show on a network that is said to be in the Obama supporter camp.
So the question I want to ask is:
If America is so intent on going left then why aren't the networks who support the left enjoying a ratings boost?

Interesting observation. Could it be that more people gravitate towards their preferred media when their guy is not in power, and vice versa? It's much easier (and certainly makes for more populist TV) to attack the policies of one's opponent than it is to defend the policies of one's own party.

Wonder if it's just KO that is down, and whether Fox et al are seeing a ratings boost.

He has the same people on his shows every day saying the same thing. While Olbermann himself is interesting, watching the same drivel over and over isn't! When he has a show that doesn't involve Richard Wolfe as a guest of his, maybe I'll watch it again.

Interesting observation. Could it be that more people gravitate towards their preferred media when their guy is not in power, and vice versa? It's much easier (and certainly makes for more populist TV) to attack the policies of one's opponent than it is to defend the policies of one's own party.
Wonder if it's just KO that is down, and whether Fox et al are seeing a ratings boost.
Cable News TV Ratings for Monday, June 1
Looks like Fox is leading but they always have. Don't know if they've had a ratings boost. I do know that the Glenn Beck show debuted very highly rated and continues to be a ratings monster though I don't watch it.
I like Glenn on the radio but not on TV.

Last edited:
He has the same people on his shows every day saying the same thing. While Olbermann himself is interesting, watching the same drivel over and over isn't! When he has a show that doesn't involve Richard Wolfe as a guest of his, maybe I'll watch it again.
You mean this guy?:
Richard Wolffe Profile
I know what you mean.

When I watch a show on TV or listen on the radio, I want to hear a person who is educated on the subject at hand not just some political hack spewing talking points. Whether it's from the left or right, it gets boring quick!

Fox News' version of Richard Wolfe is that *sshole Bob Beckle. I always know what he's gonna' say before he says it.

I realize people have their opinions, but hey...

Last edited:
My preference between Glenn Beck and Keith Olberman?

Olberman. At least Keith checks his facts, whereas FAUX Noise has stated REPEATEDLY (by news people as well as Rupert Murdoch), that "we aren't concerned with facts".

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the underwear of O'Reilly, Beck, Geraldo and the rest of them.

Chicks too.

...At least Keith checks his facts, whereas FAUX Noise has stated REPEATEDLY (by news people as well as Rupert Murdoch), that "we aren't concerned with facts"...
But my question was that we elected a Lefty, so why aren't the Lefty news outlets experiencing a ratings surge?

My guess is because his viewers are liberal and they tune into to watch him vent on conservatives and Bush. But since Bush is out of office and conservatives are pretty much irrelevant at the moment, there is less venting needed in Happy Liberlaland.

My guess is because his viewers are liberal and they tune into to watch him vent on conservatives and Bush. But since Bush is out of office and conservatives are pretty much irrelevant at the moment, there is less venting needed in Happy Liberlaland.

My sentiments almost exactly.

This kind of thread comes up every couple of months. Funny how he remains on the air, isn't it even though his ratings are in the tank?

MSNBC regularly replaces hosts with poor ratings. David Schuster and Tucker Carlson have both been replaced. Their anchors are replaced even more often than that.

I don't think Schuster and Tucker were replaced because of ratings. I think they were replaced because they did not spew the far left brand of vitriol that you see from Maddow and Olberman.. it's like watching a gigantic meltdown at KOS every night most people don't like that kind of hate fed on a nightly basis,, that's why Fox out ranks them 4 to 1.

My preference between Glenn Beck and Keith Olberman?

Olberman. At least Keith checks his facts, whereas FAUX Noise has stated REPEATEDLY (by news people as well as Rupert Murdoch), that "we aren't concerned with facts".

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the underwear of O'Reilly, Beck, Geraldo and the rest of them.

Chicks too.

Provide a quote and link for that claim.

I don't think Schuster and Tucker were replaced because of ratings. I think they were replaced because they did not spew the far left brand of vitriol that you see from Maddow and Olberman.. it's like watching a gigantic meltdown at KOS every night most people don't like that kind of hate fed on a nightly basis,, that's why Fox out ranks them 4 to 1.

Maddow? vitriol? What an ignorant insane twit you are... .you might not agree with her, but even Pat Buchannan treats her with respect becasuse she's only ever polite. And her facts are always dead on...

so you can disagree with her OPINIONS... but vitriol?

you keep proving what a freak you are.

too amusing.

Maddow? vitriol? What an ignorant insane twit you are... .you might not agree with her, but even Pat Buchannan treats her with respect becasuse she's only ever polite. And her facts are always dead on...

so you can disagree with her OPINIONS... but vitriol?

you keep proving what a freak you are.

too amusing.

Rachael is so smart and respected. Not even a microorganism of hatred in that girl.

Forum List

Back