Kavanaugh/Ford Opinon threads from Saturday, Sept 23, 2018

Will Ford Actually Make The Hearing On Thursday?

• Yes

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Title: Teenage Drunken Fumbling is Disqualifying, Mod Addtion to fix merge.

But only if you're a Conservative, of course. I mean, of course.

This is your daily reminder that if you're a Democrat, you can beat up your girlfriend on Domestic Violence charges and the Left won't whisper a peep. Heck, you can engage in shenanigans in the Oval Office with an intern and be impeached and STILL be lauded as a great statesman decades later.

But if your record is spotless save for one woman who says, 36 years later, that you once did things with her she didn't like, when you were both drunk and you were 17--your ship is sunk. But again: only if you're Conservative. This would be laughed off if you were a Democrat, because of COURSE you did those things.

They'd call you Uncle Brett for it. Maybe they'd wonder why you didn't drive her into a lake.

Mod Note: Nothing to do with this post. This thread is a MERGE of 26 threads created on this date which are mostly opinion, speculation, analysis of this junior high dust-up. DO NOT CREATE NEW THREADS.. 13 moved in from Current Events. DON'T DO IT THERE EITHER.

Use existing threads. Especially these daily merges. We're are gonna be closing or deleting all opinion threads that couldn't find an existing convo..

Last edited by a moderator:
This about Democrats being so desperate they are willing to destroy people’s lives just for their political goals.

It isn’t about alleged sexual assault, it’s about stopping conservatives by any means necessary. That includes social justice terrorism, which is all the Dems have left now.

That’s because, for democrats, standards and morals only exist to use against people with standards and morals.

Naw, you see, Democrats don't use "morals and standards" to get stupid white people to vote against their own economic interests.

But, yeah, when we catch one of your guys doing something he shouldn't be doing, it's always instructive.

And the Republicans need to stop playing their game and call the vote!

Yes, ignoring a woman's claims of abuse works really well for you guys.

Hey, remember when you all did that in 1991, and took a shellacking in 1992?

But only if you're a Conservative, of course. I mean, of course.

This is your daily reminder that if you're a Democrat, you can beat up your girlfriend on Domestic Violence charges and the Left won't whisper a peep. Heck, you can engage in shenanigans in the Oval Office with an intern and be impeached and STILL be lauded as a great statesman decades later.

But if your record is spotless save for one woman who says, 36 years later, that you once did things with her she didn't like, when you were both drunk and you were 17--your ship is sunk. But again: only if you're Conservative. This would be laughed off if you were a Democrat, because of COURSE you did those things.

They'd call you Uncle Brett for it. Maybe they'd wonder why you didn't drive her into a lake.
It's worse than that.
They have sent a list of demands to the Judiciary Committee.

• Kavanaugh must not be in the room during questioning
  • Old White Male Senators are the only people allowed to question Dr Ford on the Republican side. No female lawyers can be involved.
  • Kavanaugh has to be questioned first

Apparently Hillary's lawyer friend, Debra Katz, wants to make sure that Judge Kavanaugh cannot face his accuser or defend himself properly.
These demands are designed specifically to undermine the process. They cannot be agreed to and everyone involved knows this.

uh-huh. i pity any so called 'conservatives' on this this thread. hopefully none of you have daughters.

i wonder if any of that ilk also believe that a 'man' shouldn't be charged with raping his wife after she refuses him.... that rape doesn't exist in a 'marriage'.

Imagine if Ted Kennedy were alive today in the era of #MeToo.
I wonder how many women would come forward.
I know one that wouldn't.

uh-huh. i pity any so called 'conservatives' on this this thread. hopefully none of you have daughters.

i wonder if any of that ilk also believe that a 'man' shouldn't be charged with raping his wife after she refuses him.... that rape doesn't exist in a 'marriage'.
Are you bringing family into this discussion?

rhe·tor·i·cal
rəˈtôrək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: rhetorical
  1. relating to or concerned with the art of rhetoric.
    "repetition is a common rhetorical device"
    synonyms: stylistic, oratorical, linguistic, verbal
    "rhetorical devices"
    • expressed in terms intended to persuade or impress.
      "the rhetorical commitment of the government to give priority to primary education"
      synonyms: extravagant, grandiloquent, magniloquent, high-flown, orotund, bombastic, grandiose, pompous, pretentious, overblown, oratorical, turgid, flowery, florid; More
      informalhighfalutin;
      rarefustian
      "rhetorical hyperbole"
    • (of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.

Marriage is implied consent.

He is commenting on Donald Trump raping his wife maybe.

Marriage is implied consent.

not anymore... it is rightfully deemed illegal in all 50 states. but thanx for CONfirming what was a speculation.

i'm a 'she'. but had ivana followed thru with charges, then perhaps president pussy grabber would have been punished.

hoping none of you have daughters isn't about Trump.

rhe·tor·i·cal
rəˈtôrək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: rhetorical
  1. relating to or concerned with the art of rhetoric.
    "repetition is a common rhetorical device"
    synonyms: stylistic, oratorical, linguistic, verbal
    "rhetorical devices"
    • expressed in terms intended to persuade or impress.
      "the rhetorical commitment of the government to give priority to primary education"
      synonyms: extravagant, grandiloquent, magniloquent, high-flown, orotund, bombastic, grandiose, pompous, pretentious, overblown, oratorical, turgid, flowery, florid; More
      informalhighfalutin;
      rarefustian
      "rhetorical hyperbole"
    • (of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.
Really? IT was a backhanded insult.

I do have daughters and they both think that Ford is full of shit.

oh please... i did not bring 'family' into it. but if it makes you feel better then report me then if you think i targeted anyone specific.

i'm a 'she'. but had ivana followed thru with charges, then perhaps president pussy grabber would have been punished.
She got a huge mansion and estate and big bucks instead.

oh please... i did not bring 'family' into it. but if it makes you feel better then report me then if you think i targeted anyone specific.
Did I say anyone specific? It was a backhanded insult using family as a means of guilt. I also said nothing of reporting you.

Just deal with the fact that you're getting nasty because you're losing the argument.

Forum List

Back