Katie's Restaurant

Hmm, correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't McCain cleared of all wrongdoing?

Does “guilt-by-association” ring any bells? It works both ways. All of them in politics have skeletons in the closet. :eusa_eh:

In 1991, the Senate Ethics Committee cleared McCain of corruption charges but cited him for “poor judgment” in meeting with federal regulators on behalf of Charles H. Keating Jr., a political patron who went to prison for fraud in connection with the collapse of the California-based Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, which at the time was one of the biggest financial failures in the nation’s history.

Exclusive: Obama to hit McCain on Keating Five - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Does “guilt-by-association” ring any bells? It works both ways. All of them in politics have skeletons in the closet. :eusa_eh:

Guilt by association only works if the person has not been cleared of wrong doing. Obama is pissing up a tree with Keating. McCain has battled this for years with both parties. He can take it.

Guilt by association only works if the person has not been cleared of wrong doing. Obama is pissing up a tree with Keating. McCain has battled this for years with both parties. He can take it.

The person being McCain. I think its pretty clear that we aren't painting McCain "guilty" of associating with McCain. Hes "guilty" of associating with people who weren't exonerated, and in fact spent time in federal prison.

Biden at VP Debate:

"all you have to do is go down Union Street with me in Wilmington, or go to Katie's Restaurant".
The right wing continues to melt down. The restaurant is now called Wings to Go at Katies, but most people still call it Katie's Restaurant.

Oh, the horror!

education doesn't increase your native intelligence.

if you were as smart as me, you'd know that.

dope.

Native intelligence only exists when it harnessed through education and if you actually had one you'd know that

To the uneducated, an A is just three sticks.
A. A. Milne

Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.
B. F. Skinner

Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.
Aristotle

But I guess you know more than those three

Education is a good thing to get while you're waiting for wisdom to kick in.

The wisest person I know is also the worst educated (and frankly most ignorant person) I know, folks.

Seriously, this guy I'm talking about does far more with his 8th grade education than I do with my 17th grade education.

I'm generally so busy knowing why I can't possibly do something that I never do much of anything.

He's so profoundly ignorant about why he cannot possibly do things that he sets out to do, that he simply does them -- despite all the good reasons I can iterate about why he can't possibly do them.

Hence, fate has taught me the following:

FAITH WILL GET YOU THOUGH TIMES OF NO EDUCATION BETTER THAN EDUCATION WILL GET YOU THOUGH TIMES OF NO FAITH.

what? 2 pages and no Alice's Resteraunt jokes?

eesh.. you guys suck at this.

[youtube]HA9F553bJr0[/youtube]

Forum List

Back