Karl Rove ‘offended’ by Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler ad

Republicans gonna "disown" Eastwood? :lol:

I have no trouble with an actor's political affliation. I still enjoy Gibson, Willis, Grammer, Sinise and a plethora of other people who vote differently then I do..when I watch them work.

That's the beauty about being a Liberal. It's a big tent. :eusa_shhh:

kool aid...gotta love it...:rolleyes:

jonestown.jpg

Jim Jones was Christian..wasn't he? :eusa_shhh:

No....not even close!

Must be one of those subliminal attacks on Mitt Romney I keep hearing about.

The people of Detroit know a little something about this. They almost lost everything. But we all pulled together, now Motor City is fighting again.

Contrasts a bit with:

Picture-1.gif

We're living in a different country than our parents and grand parents. Back in the day, we pulled together to build our country for the good of all.Yes, its true that there was always a segment of the population like today's R's who were in for what they could get and to hell with everyone else. Nonetheless, I don't remember ever hearing people wishing for the failure of our nation and our president the way you do now. We did not have an entire political party who literally worked for the goal of a failed economy like the GObP does now. And, we certainly did not have working class citizens who were in favor of the failure of our country.

Pretty sick stuff, imo.

Karl Rove ‘offended’ by Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler ad - The Washington Post

A Chrysler ad aired during the Super Bowl Sunday night has inspired ire among some Republicans and admiration among some Democrats — with both sides seeing a political message that boosts President Obama.

In an ad touting the resurgence of the American auto industry, Clint Eastwood declared that it’s “halftime in America and our second half’s about to begin,” which could be interpreted as a reference to Obama’s second term. 

The ad’s themes seem to echo Obama’s own argument that his administration brought the auto industry back from the brink of disaster.

“They almost lost everything,” Eastwood says of Detroit. “But we all pulled together. Now Motor City is fighting again.”

“I was, frankly, offended by it,” said Karl Rove on Fox News Monday. “I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood, I thought it was an extremely well-done ad, but it is a sign of what happens when you have Chicago-style politics, and the president of the United States and his political minions are, in essence, using our tax dollars to buy corporate advertising.”
<more>

Rove supported a neo-con administration that waged an unlawful war in Iraq. He belongs in jail. I am offended that he is not there.

Karl Rove &lsquo;offended&rsquo; by Clint Eastwood&rsquo;s Chrysler ad - The Washington Post

A Chrysler ad aired during the Super Bowl Sunday night has inspired ire among some Republicans and admiration among some Democrats — with both sides seeing a political message that boosts President Obama.

In an ad touting the resurgence of the American auto industry, Clint Eastwood declared that it’s “halftime in America and our second half’s about to begin,” which could be interpreted as a reference to Obama’s second term.&#8201;

The ad’s themes seem to echo Obama’s own argument that his administration brought the auto industry back from the brink of disaster.

“They almost lost everything,” Eastwood says of Detroit. “But we all pulled together. Now Motor City is fighting again.”

“I was, frankly, offended by it,” said Karl Rove on Fox News Monday. “I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood, I thought it was an extremely well-done ad, but it is a sign of what happens when you have Chicago-style politics, and the president of the United States and his political minions are, in essence, using our tax dollars to buy corporate advertising.”
<more>

Isn't Karl Rove the fucking asswipe that liked to insinuate that liberals were anti-Americans?

He's the asswipe that helped give us 8 yrs of Bu$h II

I was just about to post this same thing! The ad is about chrysler, Detroit is it's home....what's the deal with filming it in other states??? I love Eastwood, and i can't believe he did this, it's really disappointing!

Chrysler Super Bowl commercial: Clint Eastwood ad causes Republican fury | Mail Online

Republicans gonna "disown" Eastwood? :lol:

I have no trouble with an actor's political affliation. I still enjoy Gibson, Willis, Grammer, Sinise and a plethora of other people who vote differently then I do..when I watch them work.

That's the beauty about being a Liberal. It's a big tent. :eusa_shhh:

I didn't say i would disown him...i still love his movies! I just said i was disappointed....

But disappointed by what? He did a commercial. And it was vaguely political. If you wanted to read something into it..you could. He could as just as well been saying..we need a new quarterback..then advocating to keep the one we got.

That wasn't the message.

The message is "We got kicked in the teeth..and we are coming back.."

That was the message.

:eusa_eh: Why is it when you got these Christian types around..alot of peeps wind up dead at the same time?

Jim Jones was a murderer, thief, and adultress. Far from Christian.

More like Clinton.

you don't get to decide who was a christian, buddy.

jim jones said he was as did david koresh.

you need to stop obsessing on someone who hasn't been president for over 10 years. because at some point, it loses it's utility.

you don't get to decide who was a christian, buddy.

A Christian doesn't kill, commit adultery, steal etc. as Jiim Jones did. He could have labeled himself as a devout Muslim, and his conduct wouldn't indicate that he was.

41.5 percent ownership of Chrysler remains with a healthcare trust, called VEBA, affiliated with the United Auto Workers union. The UAW represents about 26,000 U.S.-based Chrysler workers

Forum List

Back