Kaine: Dems Will "Change The Rules" To Get SCOTUS Approved

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
(CNN)Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine is predicting that Senate Democrats will "change the Senate rules" to confirm a ninth Supreme Court justice if Republicans continue to block confirmation of any new appointments.

"I am a US senator. I have a prediction -- this is not a guarantee -- and I'm not revealing inside intel," said Kaine, who represents Virginia.
"I was in the Senate when the Republicans' stonewalling around appointments caused the Senate Democratic majority to switch the vote threshold on appointments from 60 to 51. And we did it on everything but a Supreme Court justice."
"If these guys think they're going to stonewall the filling of that vacancy or other vacancies, then a Democratic Senate majority will say, 'We're not going to let you thwart the law.' And so we will change the Senate rules to uphold the law that the court will be nine members."

Look in the dictionary under "whiny squalling" and you'll find a copy of Kaine's quote. :biggrin:

Dems are doing a lot of that these days as one pillar after another of their world caves in.

(CNN)Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine is predicting that Senate Democrats will "change the Senate rules" to confirm a ninth Supreme Court justice if Republicans continue to block confirmation of any new appointments.

"I am a US senator. I have a prediction -- this is not a guarantee -- and I'm not revealing inside intel," said Kaine, who represents Virginia.
"I was in the Senate when the Republicans' stonewalling around appointments caused the Senate Democratic majority to switch the vote threshold on appointments from 60 to 51. And we did it on everything but a Supreme Court justice."
"If these guys think they're going to stonewall the filling of that vacancy or other vacancies, then a Democratic Senate majority will say, 'We're not going to let you thwart the law.' And so we will change the Senate rules to uphold the law that the court will be nine members."

Glad to see the asshole demonstrating to the American public that rules don't matter with commiecrats, they'll anything to get what they want. Of course he's assuming commiecrat control of the senate, it ain't gonna happen.

I wouldn't have said this. If Trump somehow wins the Democrats should just carp the Republican line "we are waiting for the next Presidential election so the American people can have a say in who they want appointing judges". And then block anything Escroto wants to do.

Forum List

Back