Justify This Opulent Expense...... Leftist Hypocrites

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
These assholes are incorrigible..... The Obamas are typical of the idiot "New Money" people that win the lottery and are broke the next year......... we need to take away their stinking credit cards! Hillary Clinton made a classier and better looking first lady....... that's pathetic.

Michelle Obama Criticized as "Modern-day Marie Antoinette" Over Spain Vacation - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Michelle Obama Criticized as "Modern-day Marie Antoinette" Over Spain Vacation
Posted by Brian Montopoli

Andrea Tantaros has penned a scorching editorial for the New York Daily News deeming First Lady Michelle Obama a "modern-day Marie Antoinette" for her vacation in Spain with her daughter.

"The First Lady is spending the next few days in a five-star hotel on the chic Costa del Sol in southern Spain with 40 of her 'closest friends,'" Tantaros writes, pointing to a CNN report that Michelle Obama and her group are expected to occupy 60 to 70 rooms. "Not exactly what one would call cutting back in troubled times."

Tantaros goes on to criticize the first lady for traveling abroad instead of within the United States, something that would help the U.S. economy.

"Michelle Obama seems more like a modern-day Marie Antoinette - the French queen who spent extravagantly on clothes and jewels without a thought for her subjects' plight - than an average mother of two," she writes. "... I don't begrudge anyone rest and relaxation when they work hard. We all need downtime - the First Family included. It's the extravagance of Michelle Obama's trip and glitzy destination contrasted with President Obama's demonization of the rich that smacks of hypocrisy and perpetuates a disconnect between the country and its leaders."

According to the White House, Mrs. Obama is traveling with minimal staff and a small group of family friends for a mother daughter trip long in the works.

The FIrst Lady's press office referred to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' statement at the White House briefing yesterday that "the First Lady is on a private trip."

"She is a private citizen and is the mother of a daughter on a private trip," he said. "And I think I'd leave it at that."

CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller reports the C-32A (757) the First Lady used to fly to Spain - one of the planes that usually serves as Air Force Two, and sometimes Air Force One - operates at a Department of Defense reimbursement rate of $11,351 per hour.

So a 6.5 hour flight to Spain would run $73,781.50 - double for the round trip.

These assholes are incorrigible..... The Obamas are typical of the idiot "New Money" people that win the lottery and are broke the next year......... we need to take away their stinking credit cards! Hillary Clinton made a classier and better looking first lady....... that's pathetic.

Michelle Obama Criticized as "Modern-day Marie Antoinette" Over Spain Vacation - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Michelle Obama Criticized as "Modern-day Marie Antoinette" Over Spain Vacation
Posted by Brian Montopoli

Andrea Tantaros has penned a scorching editorial for the New York Daily News deeming First Lady Michelle Obama a "modern-day Marie Antoinette" for her vacation in Spain with her daughter.

"The First Lady is spending the next few days in a five-star hotel on the chic Costa del Sol in southern Spain with 40 of her 'closest friends,'" Tantaros writes, pointing to a CNN report that Michelle Obama and her group are expected to occupy 60 to 70 rooms. "Not exactly what one would call cutting back in troubled times."

Tantaros goes on to criticize the first lady for traveling abroad instead of within the United States, something that would help the U.S. economy.

"Michelle Obama seems more like a modern-day Marie Antoinette - the French queen who spent extravagantly on clothes and jewels without a thought for her subjects' plight - than an average mother of two," she writes. "... I don't begrudge anyone rest and relaxation when they work hard. We all need downtime - the First Family included. It's the extravagance of Michelle Obama's trip and glitzy destination contrasted with President Obama's demonization of the rich that smacks of hypocrisy and perpetuates a disconnect between the country and its leaders."

According to the White House, Mrs. Obama is traveling with minimal staff and a small group of family friends for a mother daughter trip long in the works.

The FIrst Lady's press office referred to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' statement at the White House briefing yesterday that "the First Lady is on a private trip."

"She is a private citizen and is the mother of a daughter on a private trip," he said. "And I think I'd leave it at that."

CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller reports the C-32A (757) the First Lady used to fly to Spain - one of the planes that usually serves as Air Force Two, and sometimes Air Force One - operates at a Department of Defense reimbursement rate of $11,351 per hour.

So a 6.5 hour flight to Spain would run $73,781.50 - double for the round trip.

People on private trips do not fly on government owned planes. These people are some arrogant pieces of shit. Oh here comes Bert to "defend all women" . Fucking morons.

Oh wow. Shame on Mrs. Obama for having the audacity to use her own money to pay for a private trip.

Before faux comparisons to Marie Antoinette, I strongly suggest wingnut Tanteros put down her poison pen and learn a bit about the history she is attempting to make comparisons to.

Interestingly, I can't find any stinging commentary from Ms. Tanteros on the many Bush vacations, including those during the bombing economy.

Oh wow. Shame on Mrs. Obama for having the audacity to use her own money to pay for a private trip.

Before faux comparisons to Marie Antoinette, I strongly suggest wingnut Tanteros put down her poison pen and learn a bit about the history she is attempting to make comparisons to.

Interestingly, I can't find any stinging commentary from Ms. Tanteros on the many Bush vacations, including those during the bombing economy.

How are the private jets, the increased number of secret service, motorcades, etc, using her own money?

Her Eurpoean luxury tour is estimated to have cost taxpayers about $250,000. Of course the White House won't tell the taxpayers how much it costs them.

She is a pig. At a time of terrible economic times, she is living it up, and costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

How are the private jets, the increased number of secret service, motorcades, etc, using her own money?

Her Eurpoean luxury tour is estimated to have cost taxpayers about $250,000. Of course the White House won't tell the taxpayers how much it costs them.

She is a pig. At a time of terrible economic times, she is living it up, and costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

When you complain about the private vacations of Republican presidential families during hard economic times, you might - just might - have a point. But we all know you excuse the pigs in your own party.

Have any of you seen FIRST HAND what goes on with security with the obamas? I have and its sickening!

It's not about eating cake. Remember, she warned us that we'll have to give up some of our pie so others can have a bigger piece.

Jesus Christ, for once have some fucking integrity. No one seriously believes that the Obamas are paying for the airfare, or the security required for her trip. Which means of course the government is picking up all expenses for her secret service contingent even if she is paying her own expenses, which would shock me just to be frank.

I'm seriously getting sick of you pieces of shit who have to lie about any god damned thing, you know good and fucking well that this trip cost tax payers.

I am ashamed for you that you are so fucking small of a person that yoiu can't even be honest about something as obvious as this. I mean come on. You'd have a lot more credibility if at ANY point a liberal would stand up and say "hey that's too far" or "hey what the fuck?" but no... no matter what the fucking asshole and his chimp wife do you and yours are just fine with it, in fact you will defend it to the death.

Fucking losers.

When you complain about the private vacations of Republican presidential families during hard economic times, you might - just might - have a point. But we all know you excuse the pigs in your own party.

Laura Bush went to Europe during this recession? I don't remember that.

You have an example of a Republican 1st lady flying 40 of her friends to Spain and incurring the cost of 70 secret service agents to tag along?

No, you don't. So keep stomping your feet about it. Obama's a piece of shit, and so are you for defending the hypocrisy and elitism he engenders.

Wow, I had no idea that Europe was the only costly vacation possible. Thanks for filling me in on that little tidbit in support of hypocrisy :eusa_whistle:

Have any of you seen FIRST HAND what goes on with security with the obamas? I have and its sickening!

Is it any different than EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT?

I'm tired of that fucking excuse to. Obama didn't promise to be like every other President, and the fact that we have had shitty Presidents in the past, doesn't excuse him to be one also.

You go get a job, and let them tell you well the last four people who had this job were lazy and incompetent and then when they complain you just tell them "hey is this any different than the last four guys you had?" and see how they respond.

And lest we forget...Obama wants us all to tighten our belts. The fat cats must be punished.

Except his nearest and dearest. They can exploit the American people all they want because they're SPECIAL.

You have an example of a Republican 1st lady flying 40 of her friends to Spain and incurring the cost of 70 secret service agents to tag along?

No, you don't. So keep stomping your feet about it. Obama's a piece of shit, and so are you for defending the hypocrisy and elitism he engenders.

So, are you suggesting that a trip to Europe is the only costly vacation and all the Bush vacations were free? Goodness, how novel.

When you stop defending your own hypocrisy and elitism by looking at past presidential vacation costs, you might - just might - have a point.

Wow, I had no idea that Europe was the only costly vacation possible. Thanks for filling me in on that little tidbit in support of hypocrisy :eusa_whistle:

Okay, let's broaden it to any destination, and then you get to prove that I was ok with the Repubs or anyone else doing it. Hint, I'm not, it's disgusting and I think any that do it should be thrown in jail.

The alleged "everyone does it defense" doesn't excuse Queen Michelle "the pig" from wasting taxpayers money so she can go jet setting around the world.

It demonstrats profound selfishness in very hard economic times.

So, are you suggesting that a trip to Europe is the only costly vacation and all the Bush vacations were free? Goodness, how novel.

When you stop defending your own hypocrisy and elitism by looking at past presidential vacation costs, you might - just might - have a point.

bush didn't tell people to spend less...hunker down...

and the majority of bush's time in office the economy was good....

next

Forum List

Back