Justices Indicate Shadow-Bias: Gay Marriage Question Erodes Last Bastion of Impariality?

Should the laws of the separate states be preserved before the question is Heard?

• Yes, shadow "Decisions" by refusing stays erodes my faith in the justice system & state sovereignty.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No, it's inevitable; the Court is just letting the public know what it has in mind. No biggie.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I've already given up on the justice system in America.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Doesn't matter to me. I already said here I no longer participate in any religion. Haven't since 1960.
really? well, ain't that special. You truly are ignorant

About USCCB

Brief History
In 1917 the bishops of the U.S. formed the National Catholic War Council (NCWC) to enable U.S. Catholics to contribute funds and commit personnel to provide spiritual care and recreation services to servicemen during World War I. In 1919 Pope Benedict XV urged the hierarchy to join him in working for peace and social justice. In response, the bishops organized the National Catholic Welfare Council in 1919 and set up the first Administrative Committee of seven members to handle the Council's business between plenary meetings. At that time the headquarters were established in Washington, DC and a general secretary with some staff was appointed.

The word "Conference" soon replaced "Council" in the organization's title, underlining the fact that it was consultative rather than legislative. At the same time, in 1922 the National Catholic Welfare Conference was created to address such concerns as education, immigration and social action.

This model continued until 1966 when the National Conference of Catholic Bishops (NCCB) and the United States Catholic Conference (USCC) were established. The NCCB attended to the Church's own affairs in this country, fulfilling the Vatican Council's mandate that bishops "jointly exercise their pastoral office" (Decree on the Bishops' Pastoral Office in the Church, #38). NCCB operated through committees made up exclusively of bishops, many of which had full-time staff organized in secretariats. In USCC the bishops collaborate with other Catholics to address issues that concern the Church as part of the larger society. Its committees included lay people, clergy and religious in addition to the bishops.

On July 1, 2001 the NCCB and the USCC were combined to form the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). USCCB continues all of the work formerly done by the NCCB and the USCC with the same staff. The bishops themselves form approximately 17 committees, each with its own particular responsibility.​

Keep your Pamela Geller insanity to yourself. That bitch is as stupid as they come.
Oh aren't you clever ? You came up with a name . How about that ? But there's hundreds more you never heard of, because your liberal media deliberately omits them, to keep you ignorant. That's one of the problems with ignorance. You don't know how much you don't know
geez.gif
I know reality and Islam. You know fear, paranoia, and propaganda.

You don't. That has been shown repeatedly on the board that you have no clue.

The all type favorite is that Islam is not a religion.

Justices Thomas and Scalia author a scathing dissent to the denial of a stay in Alabama.

Here's the link to Thomas' words, with Scalia getting his back.

their dissent is absurd and pathetic.

and luckily for us, dissents have no weight in law

it was fun watching the little hissy fit of the right-winger judges. even funnier watching the wing nut meltdown on this board.

really? well, ain't that special. You truly are ignorant

About USCCB

Brief History
In 1917 the bishops of the U.S. formed the National Catholic War Council (NCWC) to enable U.S. Catholics to contribute funds and commit personnel to provide spiritual care and recreation services to servicemen during World War I. In 1919 Pope Benedict XV urged the hierarchy to join him in working for peace and social justice. In response, the bishops organized the National Catholic Welfare Council in 1919 and set up the first Administrative Committee of seven members to handle the Council's business between plenary meetings. At that time the headquarters were established in Washington, DC and a general secretary with some staff was appointed.

The word "Conference" soon replaced "Council" in the organization's title, underlining the fact that it was consultative rather than legislative. At the same time, in 1922 the National Catholic Welfare Conference was created to address such concerns as education, immigration and social action.

This model continued until 1966 when the National Conference of Catholic Bishops (NCCB) and the United States Catholic Conference (USCC) were established. The NCCB attended to the Church's own affairs in this country, fulfilling the Vatican Council's mandate that bishops "jointly exercise their pastoral office" (Decree on the Bishops' Pastoral Office in the Church, #38). NCCB operated through committees made up exclusively of bishops, many of which had full-time staff organized in secretariats. In USCC the bishops collaborate with other Catholics to address issues that concern the Church as part of the larger society. Its committees included lay people, clergy and religious in addition to the bishops.

On July 1, 2001 the NCCB and the USCC were combined to form the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). USCCB continues all of the work formerly done by the NCCB and the USCC with the same staff. The bishops themselves form approximately 17 committees, each with its own particular responsibility.​
Pretty shabby to be supplying info, when I already said the subject doesn't interest me. I reject homosexuality for its mental aberration, not religious grounds.

You don't. That has been shown repeatedly on the board that you have no clue.

The all type favorite is that Islam is not a religion.
You are one of the ZEROS who punked out from my Islamization Quiz. When I was in school, if your failed to show up for a test, you got a zero. You failed to show up for. . the Islamization Quiz. You got a zero. But you can still fix that. You could take the Quiz now. Or run from it again. :laugh:

I know reality and Islam. You know fear, paranoia, and propaganda.
I know FACTS. So you know Islam ? Yeah ? Well a huge part of that (the part that concerns us in America) is Islamization. So you think you know that ? LOL.
geez.gif
Islam is a religion of warriors, who kill their enemies, unlike the pussy Christians who are taught to pray for them.

Islam is a religion of warriors, who kill their enemies, unlike the pussy Christians who pray for them.
Sounds like you support them. So besides being a queer, are you a jihadist too ? That would be a weird combination. Jihadists kill queers.

What the fuck does Protectionist's bizarre obsession with Islam have to do with this thread?

Forum List

Back