Justice Roberts' Seizure - Coincidence? I think not.

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
Okay, actually I do - but if Troofmatters were a Republican he'd be all over this.

First, here is an article covering a speech that Charles E. Fromage Schumer recently gave to some libtarded legal scholars (the "living, breathing document" crowd :rolleyes: ):

*SNIP
In an address to liberal legal scholars of the American Constitution Society, Schumer said that after watching the work of the newly constructed "Roberts court" the past 18 months, he would block any future Supreme Court nominee of President Bush's should a vacancy arise between now and January 2009.

Schumer's address covered his views on the confirmation processes for Alito and Chief Justice John Roberts. Conservatives have hailed Roberts and Alito for their rulings and generally have said that their confirmations may prove to be the single lasting legacy of President Bush's second term.

But Schumer and liberals were alarmed by many of the 5-4 rulings that went against their interests, as well as the strong denunciations of the right wing of the court by the elderly liberal wing in its dissents. The Roberts court overturned previous rulings on partial birth abortion and campaign finance reform.
*SNIP*

Second post down: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/?hpid=news-col-blogs

Today, Justice Roberts was hospitalized after suffering a siezure.

My friends, there is only one reasonable explanation:

This was an assassination attempt. Justice Roberts was targeted by the Vast Left Wing Conspiracy.

You mean the "living, breathing" crowd isn't so much for that
when it comes to real live opponents? (/sarcasm)
:eusa_silenced:

Yup the tinfoil hat brigade on the left would be making the claim it was a secret assassination attempt if any of the liberals on the bench had a seizure.

curious: have we ever had an epileptic supreme court justice before?

having a grand mal seizure, swallowing one's tongue and foaming at the mouth while in chambers would be less than decorous.

having a grand mal seizure, swallowing one's tongue and foaming at the mouth while in chambers would be less than decorous.

It should scare the shit out of us that someone as nuts as John Roberts could be Chief Justice. We have heard how this was a seizure yet it is far more likely that he had the same psychotic break that George Bush had when he "choked on a pretzel" or in other words he went nuts and punched himself just like Roberts went nuts and threw himself himself on the floor. What is wong with these people and those who vote for and confirm them? I cannot believe that John Roberts would mock those who actually have seizures by trying to cover up his psychotic episode by saying he had a seizure. :cuckoo:

This seems to have been more of a petit mal seizure. As for snowman's "conspiracy" theory...Well, he pulled that out out of his backside along with the flying monkeys.

This seems to have been more of a petit mal seizure. As for snowman's "conspiracy" theory...Well, he pulled that out out of his backside along with the flying monkeys.

I haven't seen any evidence that he had a seizure and I am inclined based on his psychotic rants to believe he had a psychotic episode and that he had to be rushed to the hospital before he could do harm to himself or others. It is only right that John Roberts check himself into a mental institution to be evaluated and I think we should all call for him to do so since he has shown that he has a deranged mental state. :wtf:

I haven't seen any evidence that he had a seizure and I am inclined based on his psychotic rants to believe he had a psychotic episode and that he had to be rushed to the hospital before he could do harm to himself or others. It is only right that John Roberts check himself into a mental institution to be evaluated and I think we should all call for him to do so since he has shown that he has a deranged mental state. :wtf:

Perhaps he can share your room in lockup?

SCOTUSblog has been following CJ Roberts' accident closely. It seems he had a prior seizure back in 1993, and both this and the previous seizure were determined to be idiopathic (undetermined cause). As I understand it, a single idiopathic episode would be considered coincidence, but two (or more) idiopathic episodes would be diagnosed as epilepsy. I'm not certain how the 14-year gap would affect such a diagnosis, but it would seem to me to still be coincidence with such a long time between occurrences.

Perhaps he can share your room in lockup?

I think he would prefer the company of the nutjob George Bush over mine since insane people prefer the company of people with the same mental illness because they feed upon each other. So I am sure he would greatly enjoy spending time with George Bush but if he and Bush can't share a room than I am sure he will settle for your psychotic ass as a roommate. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back