Just weighing in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is as wrong as bakers refusing to serve people they disagree with.

Sanders says she was told to leave Virginia restaurant

This is the world cons want. She left the restaurant and got week old burritos that she ate out back by the 7/11 dumpster. Some of the bums complained that they shouldn't have to watch an ugly white woman eat if a baker doesn't have to bake a cake.
I have heard the a tragedy that goes on too long becomes a comedy, and vice versa. I read recently that because of the court decision, there is a restaurant (somewhere in the US) that has a sign "No Gays Allowed" in its window. Now this! As this misjudgement widens, more and more gripes will be tossed into the mix, and more and more division will occur. This is folly!

I believe this is as wrong as bakers refusing to serve people they disagree with.

This is the world cons want. She left the restaurant and got week old burritos that she ate out back by the 7/11 dumpster. Some of the bums complained that they shouldn't have to watch an ugly white woman eat if a baker doesn't have to bake a cake.
I have heard the a tragedy that goes on too long becomes a comedy, and vice versa. I read recently that because of the court decision, there is a restaurant (somewhere in the US) that has a sign "No Gays Allowed" in its window. Now this! As this misjudgement widens, more and more gripes will be tossed into the mix, and more and more division will occur. This is folly!

Of course more and more division will occur. That is the aim of the hard right. They don't want the country united, they want it bitterly divided, as does Trump.

I agree that refusing to serve customers that are not misbehaving is wrong, however, the law only stipulates that service cannot be refused to people based upon certain stipulations and political affiliation isn't one of them. So, if the "owner" of a restaurant sees someone of a political affiliation that he or she doesn't like, he or she is free to tell them to get out, no matter that the only thing they are doing is taking in less dollars and showing themselves to be childish in the behavior.
Restaurants in predominantly Republican dominated states are free to do the same to known pro-democrat customers. If they pay attention and see customers pull up in cars bearing democratic state license plates, they can just toss them out; however, that would only demonstrate that they can be as childish as the owner of the Red Hen Restaurant in Lexington, Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back