Just say No!

Indeed. Just Say No and quit using FB altogether. It is turning out to be the Mother of All Nanny State message boards on steroids.

American businesses (should) have the right to refuse to participate in anything. No one is owed a service.

Let's be consistent, shall we?

While its their right to conduct their business as they see fit stunts like this only serve to further divide Americans.
Let consumers exercise their own discretion rather than playing the thought police for them.

American businesses (should) have the right to refuse to participate in anything. No one is owed a service.

Except for Christian Bakers and Catholic Nuns. The State must force them to bake gay wedding cake and provide abortion coverage.

Except for Christian Bakers and Catholic Nuns. The State must force them to bake gay wedding cake and provide abortion coverage.

My point exactly. A business is private property, whether it's open to the general public or not. As such, the owner of that property should be able to serve whomever they like or not. The market will respond to any demand. The SC got it wrong, IMO.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

My point exactly. A business is private property, whether it's open to the general public or not. As such, the owner of that property should be able to serve whomever they like or not. The market will respond to any demand. The SC got it wrong, IMO.

Agreed, but here is where you are mistaken. FB has such a dominant market position that there is no real competition. Companies in such situations are utility-like. When FB censors political points of view, it has a broad affect on our public discourse. No company should have that power.

Facebook suspends data firm with Trump ties - CNNPolitics

Good for Facebook. American businesses have every right to refuse to participate in propaganda. Actual conservative have always understood this - even championed it. Trumpsters don't understand and don't care.

Other Censorship advocates: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il........

You'll not find anyone more against censorship that I am. However, you've listed governments that censored their subjects. Facebook is a business, not a government. Don't like it? Stay off Facebook.

Agreed, but here is where you are mistaken. FB has such a dominant market position that there is no real competition. Companies in such situations are utility-like. When FB censors political points of view, it has a broad affect on our public discourse. No company should have that power.

I disagree. If people don't like FB's censorship, an alternative will arise to meet demand. No government meddling required.

I disagree. If people don't like FB's censorship, an alternative will arise to meet demand. No government meddling required.

Sorry to disappoint, but the era of the internet frontier with opportunities for everyone is over. Want an example? Look at how GOOG removed the GAB app from it's platform. Big Internet has built a wall, and is using its massive size to crush any competition from forming. This is why we have Anti-Trust laws; it's time to enforce them.

Interesting how liberals have transitioned from losing and being wrong about everything to "Trumpsters don't understand".

and they feel with little forced "re education" that could change

but in order for that to happen

ya first gots to get the guns

Forum List

Back