Just Saw "Gravity".

I'm undecided. I probably won't go to see it. if it really piqued my interest I would have seen it already.

I saw it last Saturday. The visuals are amazing but thats about it. I liked Clooneys character but Sandra just huffs n puffs way to much. It became very anoying.

There's a lot of good films coming out soon.

December is going to be nuts.

47 Ronin Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Keanu Reeves, Rinko Kikuchi Movie HD - YouTube

I was like..whoa.

I whoa'd too. THAT I would like to see. Reminds me of God Of War game, lol.

I'm just worried that it might turn out to be another "Suckerpunch".

Which was terrible.

Beautiful girls mindlessly kicking ass, what's to dislike?

I'm undecided. I probably won't go to see it. if it really piqued my interest I would have seen it already.

It has piqued my interest, too, because my brother tells me there is some actress in it that reminds him of me, as the resemblance is so strong...:lol: So if it comes to my small town, I will see it, if nothing else to see who he might be talking about..

He really liked the movie's effects.

Last edited:
There are several out now that I want to see. Rush looks good.

There's a lot of good films coming out soon.

December is going to be nuts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8cKdDkkIYY]47 Ronin Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Keanu Reeves, Rinko Kikuchi Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

I was like..whoa.

I whoa'd too. THAT I would like to see. Reminds me of God Of War game, lol.

That is exactly what is such a huge turnoff for me about movies these days. They look like video games, and are chock full of explosions. No imagination at all. The success of the film rests entirely on computer generated graphics and loud noises.

Sallow, thanks for the info. Was wondering if it was worth the money and the time. Probably take my kids to see it now at the IMAX in 3D.

If it sucks, it's all on you brother...

I posted this in a review thread:

I saw it on IMAX 3D as well this weekend. That's the ONLY way to see this movie because it's a waste of 90 minutes otherwise. It's predictable and the story line is anemic. Sandra is stuck in space and needs to get back home. You can already fill in the blanks what happens and how it ends.

Clooney obviously did the film as a favor to Sandra (nothing wrong with that) I don't want to spoil anything, but you will see why.

I give the film a D+ and the 3D/Filming an A+.

Phenomenal film making (technically speaking) Should win an Oscar for cinematography

Sallow, thanks for the info. Was wondering if it was worth the money and the time. Probably take my kids to see it now at the IMAX in 3D.

If it sucks, it's all on you brother...

Not really a movie for kids, well not young ones anyway.

And you owe me a dollar if you like it.

:eusa_whistle:

I saw it on IMAX 3D as well this weekend. That's the ONLY way to see this movie because it's a waste of 90 minutes otherwise. It's predictable and the story line is anemic. Sandra is stuck in space and needs to get back home. You can already fill in the blanks what happens and how it ends.

Clooney obviously did the film as a favor to Sandra (nothing wrong with that) I don't want to spoil anything, but you will see why.

Phenomenal film making (technically speaking) Should win an Oscar for cinematography

Eyah..

Gotta love it.

Let's put it this way, if you aren't so hot on the "Man Vs. Nature" theme..you aren't going to like the story.

If you like films about problem solving, science and survival? You should dig it.

"The Expendables" it's not. :eusa_shifty:

Eyah..

Gotta love it.

Let's put it this way, if you aren't so hot on the "Man Vs. Nature" theme..you aren't going to like the story.

If you like films about problem solving, science and survival? You should dig it.

I'm a big fan of space and science fiction movies. There was so much hype about this movie that my expectations were very high for it. Maybe that's why. Although from a technical aspect the scientific accuracy of the events were accurate, and the cinematography was at times breathtaking, it had nothing else to offer. And some of the scenes were very unrealistic and reminded me of James Bond movies. Now I'm not complaining about that, but this is a film that prided itself on portraying accuracy and realism, yet the way she managed to survive and grab hold of and enter stations and pods was totally BS.

Last edited:

Eyah..

Gotta love it.

I love man vs nature, but the film was too predictable. You sit there, know all the plot points and just wait for them to happen.

The cinematography/IMAX 3D are what makes this film worth seeing.

I'm on the fence.

I love Alfonso Cuarón - Children of Men is one the best movies of the last 25 years - but Gravity looks a little boring. I'm sure it's amazingly beautiful looking, Emmanuel Lubezki is one of the best realistic cinematographers out there, but that's not all there is to a movie.

Eyah..

Gotta love it.

I love man vs nature, but the film was too predictable. You sit there, know all the plot points and just wait for them to happen.

The cinematography/IMAX 3D are what makes this film worth seeing.

Not really going to argue the point. It's all really a matter of taste.

Not much surprises me anymore anyway...least of all American made films. They are all very predictable.

Best you can hope for is that they are well done, somewhat clever and well acted.

That's what I thought here.

Forum List

Back