Just moved in.

IE???.....IE???? :evil:
Now them's fightin' words!
I don't even use Micro$oft let alone IE...Ubuntu at home.

Okay, you get an A+++++ for that!!

Damn straight...f*ck Microsoft.
I was an MIS for 6 years, all Microsoft did for me was cause users to page my ass in the middle of the night..meanwhile the Linux and Unix servers were humming along 100's of days at a time.
Ubuntu is sweet.

I'm running Mint 8. Don't have to hunt for video and audio codecs, they're part of the install.

Oh I am far from a newbie...might be new here..but I have been on forums since..oh maybe 1997 or so.
You might just want to put Dante on your ignore list while you're ahead...

...but it's your call.

The much dreaded 'we' tactic is used here more often than you'd imagine.

do yourself a favor. follow your own little voice and you'll do fine.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guess I'll make a first post here...
Looks to be a fairly active board..not a bad thing.

BTW...I would gladly pay the $15 to get rid of these damn ads...but alas since my PayPal account was hacked a few years back, and since that was a freakin mess from hell...I never reopened it.

Please tell me there is another way.
send me the money in cash and I will take care of things. I have connections.:eusa_whistle:

Let us hope you can raise the level of debate that I usually see form newbies. I judge harshly. Dante does not suffer fools gladly.

welcome
:cool:
dD

Oh I am far from a newbie...might be new here..but I have been on forums since..oh maybe 1997 or so.
advanced alcoholism?

welcome. we've been expecting you.

BTW...I would gladly pay the $15 to get rid of these damn ads...but alas since my PayPal account was hacked a few years back, and since that was a freakin mess from hell...I never reopened it.

Use FireFox instead of IE and get the Adblock Plus add-on. No more ads. Lots of other good add-ons too.

Oh, and welcome to the twilight zone. :D
careful with firefox add ons.

they cause lots of trouble if you have Windows 7

...mmmmmm Leinie's Creamy Dark. gahhhhhhhhhhh,.,,,,,

Welcome to the fray. Don't forget, life sucks wear a helmet, and here's your standard issue lolcat.

funny-pictures-cat-is-on-trial.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, you get an A+++++ for that!!

I was an MIS for 6 years, all Microsoft did for me was cause users to page my ass in the middle of the night..meanwhile the Linux and Unix servers were humming along 100's of days at a time.
Ubuntu is sweet.

I'm running Mint 8. Don't have to hunt for video and audio codecs, they're part of the install.

I have a laptop I have been thinking about toying with Mint...any cons about it?

send me the money in cash and I will take care of things. I have connections.:eusa_whistle:

Let us hope you can raise the level of debate that I usually see form newbies. I judge harshly. Dante does not suffer fools gladly.

welcome
dD

You are a newbie here. Don't worry though. It's sorta like being born again! :lol:

Welcome to USMB. I love n(.)(.)bies!

Ubuntu is sweet.

I have a laptop I have been thinking about toying with Mint...any cons about it?

I moved from Ubuntu to Mint 7 and recently upgraded to Mint 9, they change some GIF source code which meant some of my games (my favorites of course) wouldn't play correctly. I dumped it and went to Mint 8, no problems so far. I'll wait on Mint 9 till they rewrite the programs to fit the new code. I use Evolution Mail which I like much more than Thunderbird, also the panel loads on the bottom by default but you can put it where you want and your drop down is different, everything is contained in Menu but, again, you can add the most used apps to the panel.
Load it, if you don't like it (I didn't the first time) then you can put Ubuntu back, if there's any stuff you want to keep burn a back up before loading Mint.

I moved from Ubuntu to Mint 7 and recently upgraded to Mint 9, they change some GIF source code which meant some of my games (my favorites of course) wouldn't play correctly. I dumped it and went to Mint 8, no problems so far. I'll wait on Mint 9 till they rewrite the programs to fit the new code. I use Evolution Mail which I like much more than Thunderbird, also the panel loads on the bottom by default but you can put it where you want and your drop down is different, everything is contained in Menu but, again, you can add the most used apps to the panel.
Load it, if you don't like it (I didn't the first time) then you can put Ubuntu back, if there's any stuff you want to keep burn a back up before loading Mint.

You guys want to go back to English?

Oh come on. I know this stuff and I'm not even close to being a real geek. :lol:

Not even close, if he starts answering post using a string of code - you know he is a bonafide geek.

:welcome: 2 USMB and ditto with the Paypal issue, I never reopened mine either, I would join in a heartbeat if another means was accepted. The ads, I don't mind in here, TV/Radio, that's a different story.

At any rate, enjoy your stay. BTW, take meds b4 entering....................

i moved from ubuntu to mint 7 and recently upgraded to mint 9, they change some gif source code which meant some of my games (my favorites of course) wouldn't play correctly. I dumped it and went to mint 8, no problems so far. I'll wait on mint 9 till they rewrite the programs to fit the new code. I use evolution mail which i like much more than thunderbird, also the panel loads on the bottom by default but you can put it where you want and your drop down is different, everything is contained in menu but, again, you can add the most used apps to the panel.
Load it, if you don't like it (i didn't the first time) then you can put ubuntu back, if there's any stuff you want to keep burn a back up before loading mint.

you guys want to go back to english?

not even close, if he starts answering post using a string of code - you know he is a bonafide geek.

01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100111 01100101 01100101 01101011 00100001

:welcome: 2 USMB and ditto with the Paypal issue, I never reopened mine either, I would join in a heartbeat if another means was accepted. The ads, I don't mind in here, TV/Radio, that's a different story.

Someone tried to hack my account back during that period also but since I stay on top of my accounts I deleted my bank info and was able to change the password and login info before they succeeded.
I still use Pay Pal to this day.

Someone tried to hack my account back during that period also but since I stay on top of my accounts I deleted my bank info and was able to change the password and login info before they succeeded.

I just got 'gun shy' Ringel05, just don't need another 'possibility' out there, got enough already.

Is he what he seems?

I don't know.

But I is thrilled that he is here. I is beside myself.... which is really hard and very scary. Is like there is two of me. That no good.

Welcome Iam. De-light-ful to ssseee you.

I just got 'gun shy' Ringel05, just don't need another 'possibility' out there, got enough already.

I also have one other layer of protection. I keep a separate bank account for purchases only (online and at retail outlets) and only put enough $ in it to cover with a little extra just in case. That way if someone does hack it or steals the card number/pin then my loss is minimal. I also never use the card for debit, always for credit, that way I am only responsible for $50 if the account is accessed by a hacker/thief.

Forum List

Back