Just moved in.

Someone tried to hack my account back during that period also but since I stay on top of my accounts I deleted my bank info and was able to change the password and login info before they succeeded.
I still use Pay Pal to this day.

I just got 'gun shy' Ringel05, just don't need another 'possibility' out there, got enough already.

I also have one other layer of protection. I keep a separate bank account for purchases only (online and at retail outlets) and only put enough $ in it to cover with a little extra just in case. That way if someone does hack it or steals the card number/pin then my loss is minimal. I also never use the card for debit, always for credit, that way I am only responsible for $50 if the account is accessed by a hacker/thief.
That's all I did with my Paypal acct. Just enough for whatever I bought online, but they did alert me to an unauthorized attempt to withdrawl, they actually called me on the phone. But that too had only about 130 bucks in it.
I do wish they had other means to pay, $15 is nothing to pay for joining USMB, I'd send cash if okay, that's only maybe 3 lattes at starBIGbucks. :tongue:

Someone tried to hack my account back during that period also but since I stay on top of my accounts I deleted my bank info and was able to change the password and login info before they succeeded.
I still use Pay Pal to this day.

I just got 'gun shy' Ringel05, just don't need another 'possibility' out there, got enough already.

I also have one other layer of protection. I keep a separate bank account for purchases only (online and at retail outlets) and only put enough $ in it to cover with a little extra just in case. That way if someone does hack it or steals the card number/pin then my loss is minimal. I also never use the card for debit, always for credit, that way I am only responsible for $50 if the account is accessed by a hacker/thief.

Ditto - which is why when my account was hacked - I only lost $50.
My biggest frustration was convincing PayPal that I was me! There was this maddening multi-layered process of proving you are you - that always failed for reasons that I couldn't seem to comprehend.
Three times they mailed a check for the $50 to my home address, I never got it..never. Since I obviously closed the checking account that the PayPal account was tied to, I had nothing else to lose - so I gave up.
About 3 years after all this, I received an email from them saying they closed the account for inactivity.

As a footnote - the shear number of people I know who had their account compromised is unbelievable, literally everywhere I go - I run into at least one person who had similar experience...which I consider unforgivable, thus I will never have a PayPal account again.

What is up with the boot prints some people have in their signature?

It is to honor our dear friend and a member of the USMB, Bootneck. He is in the Royal Marines and is serving in Afghanistan right now.

BUT, he will be home Oct. 1! :eusa_pray:

It is to honor our dear friend and a member of the USMB, Bootneck. He is in the Royal Marines and is serving in Afghanistan right now.

Cool.
Well, bootneck whoever you are - I appreciate your service - and hope for your safe return home to your family after that service.

Cool.
Well, bootneck whoever you are - I appreciate your service - and hope for your safe return home to your family after that service.

Just wait till he's back! You are gonna love him! Funniest poster ever! And hotter than hell.
:eusa_shhh: Don't tell EZ he's hot. She eats hot guys. :eek:

That's all I did with my Paypal acct. Just enough for whatever I bought online, but they did alert me to an unauthorized attempt to withdrawl, they actually called me on the phone. But that too had only about 130 bucks in it.
I do wish they had other means to pay, $15 is nothing to pay for joining USMB, I'd send cash if okay, that's only maybe 3 lattes at starBIGbucks. :tongue:

Ah yes, ol Starbucks, where ya pay $4 for a cup of coffee that takes 3 people 10 minutes to get it to you.

Welcome.

You'll find the mods here define non-bias. They enforce the rules without bias or prejudice.

SSS

Last edited:
Explain this freaky and weird statement. Won't you? I used to be what?

Human??
(Just taking a shot in the dark...... Pun intended.)

LOL!

I think CG has me confused with someone else. She's a little off her rocker.

Why? Because you both are on opposite sides of the political spectrum? Or is it simply a personality conflict.
(Uuuuummmmmm.......... Perspiring minds want to know.)

Welcome.

You'll find the mods here define non-bias. They enforce the rules without bias or prejudice.

SSS

As opposed to what?

P.S.> Do you really want to get into this, you should rethink that. I don't think you want everyone here to know your past self.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back