Just got my 23andme genetic test results back

I don't care if somebody is happy with their race or heritage.

But it is frustrating that if I rejected any part of my heritage of color because my ancestor of that color was a scoundrel and celebrated my 'whiteness', I would be considered arrogant and racist.

Why should I "celebrate" a rapist who happens to be my great4X grandfather? I've acknowledged the said ancestry and there is no way I could "reject" it, get damn real you whiner.

Come on Bass. You started off the thread with the comment that the percentage of you that is 'white' is too damn much. How is anybody to take that other than you hold white people in more contempt purely because of their 'whiteness' than you hold any other in contempt? Nobody is asking you to condone or defend or respect a rapist. But that rapist isn't all that is included in that part of your ancestry. There are many others who are not rapists also involved.

So by all means condemn the one who committed the offense. The color of his skin in that, however, should be irrelevant to a non racist.

I've already explained why I said the percentage is "too damn high", I'm not going to repeat it again for those who need special education.

:lol:

17 pages and counting of Bass-inflicted butthurt. He's right, you guys ARE a bunch of monkeys.

I made a thread about my DNA test results and how I feel they might be inaccurate because of tests I took with two other companies that gave the exact same results which different from 23andme and these retards turn into a thread about me being racist with their silly personal attacks and anger at me because I refuse to embrace the slavemaster that raped a maternal ancestor of mine and they even challenge that, something that has been passed via oral tradition the past four generations simply because they feel that notion of white slavemasters raping black women makes them feel guilty and makes white people look bad.

Now I'm a racist for bringing that up, even though slavemasters raping black women is a well known fact and did happen and is a part of American slaver era history, one the retards are uncomfortable with, thats why they're eager to say its the past, yet when it comes to praising the "good" that the white "Founding fathers" did they don't call that the past, they call it American history.

It's an interesting topic, so it kind of sucks that it's turned into a lite flame thread. A couple of my family members have been researching our lineage for well over a decade now. One of my great grandpas came over here as a stowaway, didn't speak a word of English, and didn't become a citizen until about the same time he started his own construction/landscaping business. The rest of my great grandparents came here legally through Ellis Island and lived in NYC before moving west--the same story for most white people in this county. How many black people will have a family story similar to that?

I know what parts of a foreign continent my blood comes from because of all the genealogical research and records that have been kept over the centuries. How many black people have genealogical records to look at and say, oh so that's where my great great great grandparents are from? Genetic tests and stories are the only way for most black people in this country to learn about their roots and what may have happened along the way. And yet somehow this curiosity is racist? :confused:

I think it's only normal for people to be curious about their family's history and what chain of events led to them being an American today. And the truth is that for most blacks, their story will be far different from most whites.

:lol:

17 pages and counting of Bass-inflicted butthurt. He's right, you guys ARE a bunch of monkeys.

I made a thread about my DNA test results and how I feel they might be inaccurate because of tests I took with two other companies that gave the exact same results which different from 23andme and these retards turn into a thread about me being racist with their silly personal attacks and anger at me because I refuse to embrace the slavemaster that raped a maternal ancestor of mine and they even challenge that, something that has been passed via oral tradition the past four generations simply because they feel that notion of white slavemasters raping black women makes them feel guilty and makes white people look bad.

Now I'm a racist for bringing that up, even though slavemasters raping black women is a well known fact and did happen and is a part of American slaver era history, one the retards are uncomfortable with, thats why they're eager to say its the past, yet when it comes to praising the "good" that the white "Founding fathers" did they don't call that the past, they call it American history.

It's an interesting topic, so it kind of sucks that it's turned into a lite flame thread. A couple of my family members have been researching our lineage for well over a decade now. One of my great grandpas came over here as a stowaway, didn't speak a word of English, and didn't become a citizen until about the same time he started his own construction/landscaping business. The rest of my great grandparents came here legally through Ellis Island and lived in NYC before moving west--the same story for most white people in this county. How many black people will have a family story similar to that?

I know what parts of a foreign continent my blood comes from because of all the genealogical research and records that have been kept over the centuries. How many black people have genealogical records to look at and say, oh so that's where my great great great grandparents are from? Genetic tests and stories are the only way for most black people in this country to learn about their roots and what may have happened along the way. And yet somehow this curiosity is racist? :confused:

I think it's only normal for people to be curious about their family's history and what chain of events led to them being an American today. And the truth is that for most blacks, their story will be far different from most whites.
most of what i have seen in this thread is not that he is a racist for checking, but that his reaction to the results is racist
i still think he does suffer from delusions that race means more to people than character, but thats something he needs to deal with within himself

most of what i have seen in this thread is not that he is a racist for checking, but that his reaction to the results is racist
i still think he does suffer from delusions that race means more to people than character, but thats something he needs to deal with within himself

Well for whatever reason I don't get that vibe. :dunno:

I think at this point people are going to draw whatever implications they want from that "too damn high" comment about the 15% outlier. Again, I see it as butthurt--to me it's hypersensitivity about race, and is making assumptions instead of asking for clarification. In other words, communication fail.

I think at this point people are going to draw whatever implications they want from that "too damn high" comment about the 15% outlier. Again, I see it as butthurt--to me it's hypersensitivity about race, and is making assumptions instead of asking for clarification. In other words, communication fail.
yes, he explained it was because the results didnt match the results of 2 others tests he has had done, but people might not have seen that since it was further into the thread

yes, he explained it was because the results didnt match the results of 2 others tests he has had done, but people might not have seen that since it was further into the thread

Wrong! I made it known in the OP that in two other tests with different companies my European ancestry was no higher than 5%, I never stated that later in the thread.

Wrong! I made it known in the OP that in two other tests with different companies my European ancestry was no higher than 5%, I never stated that later in the thread.
but you explained it better later on
thats what i was refering to

No it was not, it was explained in the OP and made clear why I believed the 15% figure was too damn high.

No it was not, it was explained in the OP and made clear why I believed the 15% figure was too damn high.
yes, you did
but who cares
you just want to be an asshole
so kerry on

Here ya go fish... to go along side your sig pic...

whitepridea.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
1. This is the internet. Your skin color doesn't mean shit here.

2. You have no idea whether your ancestors were raped or not. Yes, it happened, as did consensual sex with slaves. Citing lack of marriage or even love does not preclude consensual sex. You are just grasping at straws, and making your ancestors out to be victims, and thus soaking up the same feeling of victimization yourself. That's rather pathetic.

3. Despite these genetic testing companies trying to sound like they know exactly what they're doing, there is not set cutoff or standard as to which genes come from which regions. There is consensus on some specific individual genes, but there's also a ton of overlap which precludes precision, thus you get different results depending on which cutoffs are selected.

4. There is no such thing as "too damn high" when it comes to your genes. You are stuck with them. Deal with it.

5. You are who you are. What happened to your g-g-g-g-g-grandparents may have influenced how you got here, but they have nothing to do with where you're going. You are your own navigator now.

I don't understand the point of paying for a DNA screening if you're just going to ignore the results and make up stories to explain away what's in your DNA.

You could have done that for free.
This is 6.

1. This is the internet. Your skin color doesn't mean shit here.

2. You have no idea whether your ancestors were raped or not. Yes, it happened, as did consensual sex with slaves. Citing lack of marriage or even love does not preclude consensual sex. You are just grasping at straws, and making your ancestors out to be victims, and thus soaking up the same feeling of victimization yourself. That's rather pathetic.

3. Despite these genetic testing companies trying to sound like they know exactly what they're doing, there is not set cutoff or standard as to which genes come from which regions. There is consensus on some specific individual genes, but there's also a ton of overlap which precludes precision, thus you get different results depending on which cutoffs are selected.

4. There is no such thing as "too damn high" when it comes to your genes. You are stuck with them. Deal with it.

5. You are who you are. What happened to your g-g-g-g-g-grandparents may have influenced how you got here, but they have nothing to do with where you're going. You are your own navigator now.

I don't understand the point of paying for a DNA screening if you're just going to ignore the results and make up stories to explain away what's in your DNA.

You could have done that for free.
This is 6.
dang, that is about the first post you've made here than i can agree with

Forum List

Back