Vetern Firefighter Refused to Respond to Tuscon Shooting

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Because he had different political views from his colleagues.

WTH?

TUCSON, Ariz. – A veteran firefighter refused to respond to last month's deadly shooting spree that left Rep. Gabrielle Giffords wounded because he had different political views than his colleagues and "did not want to be part of it," according to internal city memos.

Mark Ekstrum's insubordination may have delayed his unit's response because firefighters had to stop at another station to pick up a replacement for him, the Arizona Daily Star reported.

Memos: Firefighter refused call to Tucson shooting - Yahoo! News

Well..that pretty much sucks.
If he uses politics on who he helps...then what's to stop him from refusing to put out fires that have political signs on the lawn that he doesn't agree with?

Sounds like he retired a day too late.

I appreciate his service, and wish him well in his retirement.

Well, I hope like hell the ambulance driver he may need as he gets older is the same party he is. Otherwise, he's pretty much screwed.

Well..that pretty much sucks.
If he uses politics on who he helps...then what's to stop him from refusing to put out fires that have political signs on the lawn that he doesn't agree with?

Yep, sounds like the pharmacist who refused to give the women an after morning pill, doesn't it?

Or maybe the firemen who stood by and watched the house burn to the ground because they were not being paid by the city.

Or maybe the US Citizens who stood by while Bush ordered the torture, murder, and rape of innocent chained and detained women and children, and never tried to stop it, condemn the people responsible, or bring them to justice.

My how the world is changing.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back