Just got my 23andme genetic test results back

he's still a part of YOU, charlie, if that had never happened, YOU would not exist today
its something you cant change and the only way it can make a difference is if you want to hate yourself

I know its a part me and I see it in my skin color and eye color every day moron, that doesn't mean I have to embrace welcome having ancestry from a rapist you jackass.

Of course you don't have to embrace it, but you need to accept it, because you cannot change it.

I acknowledge it and thats about it.

I know its a part me and I see it in my skin color and eye color every day moron, that doesn't mean I have to embrace welcome having ancestry from a rapist you jackass.

Of course you don't have to embrace it, but you need to accept it, because you cannot change it.

I acknowledge it and thats about it.

That's all you need to do. It doesn't matter... doesn't make you any less a person, it's genetics.... no big deal.

Charlie was born here. He's as American as you or I. Live with it. You don't get to decide who is or is not an America.

You completely missed my point. If you're born in America then you're an American. There's no need to say "african" American, and you don't get to tell anyone what they can and can't decide.

You're an American when you're treated equally like all Americans should be treated, just as Malcolm X stated years ago, sitting at a dinner table doesn't make you a diner unless you're eating what everybody else is eating. I am an American, of African descent, thats what an African American is jackass, now you know full well that people that call themselves African Americans or black are not saying they something else other than Americans and my people fought boldly during the Civil Rights Movement to affirm that they too are Americans and deserve to be treated as such, now shut the hell up with your ridiculous argument.

Well fish... you're not doing a good job of explaining the need to hyphenate your heritage. If you really want to do it right, you'd have to say you're "african, european, plains indian, and whatever else - American." But you cherry pick out african amongst them all. Why? Why not use them all and be accurate and truthful about your heritage, or just simply call yourself an "American" like everyone else born here does?

I never did and I still don't understand why all you blacks insist on calling yourself african - Americans. No other race in America or on earth does this. Only you people. Why? What the hell is the point? You don't think we can't tell by looking at you? And if you're going to tell me it's because you're so damn proud of being an african, then why don't you move back there?

Last edited:
You completely missed my point. If you're born in America then you're an American. There's no need to say "african" American, and you don't get to tell anyone what they can and can't decide.

You're an American when you're treated equally like all Americans should be treated, just as Malcolm X stated years ago, sitting at a dinner table doesn't make you a diner unless you're eating what everybody else is eating. I am an American, of African descent, thats what an African American is jackass, now you know full well that people that call themselves African Americans or black are not saying they something else other than Americans and my people fought boldly during the Civil Rights Movement to affirm that they too are Americans and deserve to be treated as such, now shut the hell up with your ridiculous argument.

Well fish... you're not doing a good job of explaining the need to hyphenate your heritage. If you really want to do it right, you'd have to say you're "african, european, plains indian, and whatever else - American." But you cherry pick out african amongst them all. Why? Why not use them all and be accurate and truthful about your heritage, or just simply call yourself an "American" like everyone else born here does?

I never did and I still don't understand why all you blacks insist on calling yourself african - Americans. No other race in America or on earth does this. Only you people. Why? What the hell is the point? You don't think we can't tell by looking at you? And if you're going to tell me it's because you're so damn proud of being an african, then why don't you move back there?

Most African Americans don't know which part of Africa their ancestors came from, thus the catch all term African/Afro American, better than colored and Negro, and yes, the term African/Afro American is accurate because we are of African descent, its a fact. African/Afro American simply means being an *AMERICAN* of African descent.

Most African Americans don't know which part of Africa their ancestors came from, thus the catch all term African/Afro American, better than colored and Negro, and yes, the term African/Afro American is accurate because we are of African descent, its a fact. African/Afro American simply means being an *AMERICAN* of African descent.

Racist.

There is no shame in European ancestory, whether it's 5%, 15%, 50% or 100%. You're a human being, just like everyone else. Your bloodline does not define you, your character does.

You do know where and how that 15% came to be in my ancestry, correct? Hint, it was not consensual, at least my paternal line is African. That 15% comes almost entirely from my mother's side.

Shit happens.

How many other ethnicities or races were brought here as slaves? And in the same numbers.

Go on. Listening.

Somehow having an African ancestor makes him an African, though he's never been there.

So what are we to glean from the fact that he has a rapist ancestor as well?

Bass is a racist POS who uses everything, even his own DNA, to spread his racist view of the world and his hatred for white folk.

He loves me though, because we're Indian brothers (I am an American-American).

Somehow having an African ancestor makes him an African, though he's never been there.

So what are we to glean from the fact that he has a rapist ancestor as well?

Bass is a racist POS who uses everything, even his own DNA, to spread his racist view of the world and his hatred for white folk.

He loves me though, because we're Indian brothers (I am an American-American).

When did I ever say I was African you dumb jackass? I said I am an American of African descent, thus African American.

I have no racist world view of whites nor of anyone so piss off with your pathetic whining.

Racist.

There was nothing racist in what I said, you just damn retarded and a pathetic whiner, point out the racism in that post, I'm waiting to see it.

There is no shame in European ancestory, whether it's 5%, 15%, 50% or 100%. You're a human being, just like everyone else. Your bloodline does not define you, your character does.

You do know where and how that 15% came to be in my ancestry, correct? Hint, it was not consensual, at least my paternal line is African. That 15% comes almost entirely from my mother's side.

Shit happens.

WTH? Tell that to rape victims.

Call yourself whatever you want, we don't care.

We call you mulatto, no matter which label you choose to make yourself feel good.

Have at it, Kunta.

Call yourself whatever you want, we don't care.

We call you mulatto, no matter which label you choose to make yourself feel good.

Have at it, Kunta.

Who the hell is "we", when you say "we" call you a mulatto? Who made you a spokesman for other people. What matters is how I self identify, which is as black/African-American.

You still haven't answered my question fish... WHY do you need to do it? I don't call myself a "european/euro American," why do you need to call yourself "african American?" What's the point? Why is there this need to make a constant identification? No one else does this except blacks, so I'm expecting you can explain it to me.

You still haven't answered my question fish... WHY do you need to do it? I don't call myself a "european/euro American," why do you need to call yourself "african American?" What's the point? Why is there this need to make a constant identification? No one else does this except blacks, so I'm expecting you can explain it to me.

Because I have the right to self identify as I like, thats why and African Americans aren't the only ones to do.

You can self-identify to your heart's content.

And the rest of us are just as free to form opinions that you are overly obsessed with Race to a truly disturbing degree.

And the rest of us are just as free to form opinions that you are overly obsessed with Race to a truly disturbing degree.

I don't care if somebody is happy with their race or heritage.

But it is frustrating that if I rejected any part of my heritage of color because my ancestor of that color was a scoundrel and celebrated my 'whiteness', I would be considered arrogant and racist.

But it is frustrating that if I rejected any part of my heritage of color because my ancestor of that color was a scoundrel and celebrated my 'whiteness', I would be considered arrogant and racist.

Why should I "celebrate" a rapist who happens to be my great4X grandfather? I've acknowledged the said ancestry and there is no way I could "reject" it, get damn real you whiner.

Why should I "celebrate" a rapist who happens to be my great4X grandfather? I've acknowledged the said ancestry and there is no way I could "reject" it, get damn real you whiner.

Come on Bass. You started off the thread with the comment that the percentage of you that is 'white' is too damn much. How is anybody to take that other than you hold white people in more contempt purely because of their 'whiteness' than you hold any other in contempt? Nobody is asking you to condone or defend or respect a rapist. But that rapist isn't all that is included in that part of your ancestry. There are many others who are not rapists also involved.

So by all means condemn the one who committed the offense. The color of his skin in that, however, should be irrelevant to a non racist.

Forum List

Back