Just a recap of some of Obama's lies, spread by Democrats.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
With the elections coming up, I thought it would benefit some people to see just some the lies told by Obama. Lies that are still being spread by his supporters as being the truth.

Oh.. these are lies as verified by the Left leaning Politifact....

OH.. These are only two pages worth.. There are more.

"Between Two Ferns" was a hit, but this factoid is wrong
"Most young Americans right now, they’re not covered" by health insurance.

Well under half that
"We’ve got close to 7 million Americans who have access to health care for the first time because of Medicaid expansion."

Admininstration's reports say otherwise
The "most realistic estimates" for jobs created by Keystone XL are "maybe 2,000 jobs during the construction of the pipeline."

Doubled ... in 2025
"We have doubled the distance our cars will go on a gallon of gas."

Lots of Members of Congress don't think so
"Throughout, we have kept Congress fully informed of our efforts" to create a legal framework on counterterrorism.

It's households, not families
"If the House of Representatives fails to extend the middle-class tax cuts, 400,000 middle-class Rhode Island families will see their federal income taxes increase."

A widely spread misquote
Says Mitt Romney "called the Arizona law a model for the nation."

Don't hold your breath for those SBA loans, Mr. Trump
"Under Gov. Romney's definition ... Donald Trump is a small business."

Credit the economy, not Obamacare
Because of Obamacare, "over the last two years, health care premiums have gone up -- it's true -- but they've gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years."

Using a method tilted in Obama's favor
"Over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but 90 percent of that is as a consequence of" President George W. Bush’s policies and the recession.

'Fast and Furious' born in 2009
"Fast and Furious" began under the Bush administration.

Romney touted a different law
Mitt Romney "says the Arizona immigration law should be a model for the nation."

Romney's own words say otherwise
Says Mitt Romney would deny gay people the right to adopt children.

In some ways, losses were bigger under Reagan
"The only time government employment has gone down during a recession has been under me."

Wrong or misleading from several angles
"Under the Romney/Ryan budget, interest rates on federal student loans would be allowed to double."

Slim majority, not unprecedented
If the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it "would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress."

Better to stick to the script
"For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs."

Wrong in 2009, and wrong today
"Preventive care … saves money, for families, for businesses, for government, for everybody."

Not so fast, Mr. President
"Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law."

"In the Works" does not equal "done"
"I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. ... We've got about 60 percent done in three years."

Doubling is a goal -- the U.S. is only a third of the way there
Under President Barack Obama, the United States has "doubled our exports."

Wrong for the week Obama indicated; right for the following week
Says stories about his birth certificate drowned out media coverage of the Republican and White House budget plans the week of April 11.

A mangled reference to a prior talking point
The president’s proposed budget "will help reduce the deficit by $400 billion over the next decade to the lowest level since Dwight Eisenhower was president."

Revenue would equal outlays, but he ignores growing interest on the debt
Under the White House’s budget proposal, "we will not be adding more to the national debt" by the middle of the decade.

Score two to two on judges' decisions on constitionality
Twelve judges have thrown out legal challenges to the health care law because they rejected "the notion that the health care law was unconstitutional."

We've tracked a few increases
"I didn't raise taxes once."

A grain of truth in the big picture, far off on the details
When President Franklin D. Roosevelt started Social Security, "it only affected widows and orphans," and when Medicare began, "it was a small program."

It's called a term sheet and we linked to it
The Bush administration had been "giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return."

Big donors bankrolled much of Obama's campaign
"The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.''

We found at least four
"We've excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs."

More than one did
When Obama was interviewed by American reporters in Asia, "Not one of them asked me about Asia. Not one of them asked me about the economy."

Insurer's decision was reversed and man lived three more years
Insurers delayed an Illinois man's treatment, "and he died because of it."

Many limitations on who can shop on the exchange
Health reform will "give every American the same opportunity" to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do.

Covering preventive care for everyone is a net cost
Preventive care "saves money."

Still wrong
"If we went back to the obesity rates that existed back in the 1980s, the Medicare system over several years could save as much as a trillion dollars."

Oh yes he did
"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter."

The president got his "I" states mixed up
Stimulus tax cuts "began showing up in paychecks of 4.8 million Indiana households about three months ago."

Profits, yes, but not record profits
Health insurance companies are "making record profits, right now."

Check your facts, Mr. President. Oil imports are down
"We import more oil today than ever before."

The president maligns middle-schoolers unfairly
"In eighth grade math, we’ve fallen to ninth place."

Forum List

Back