Just a hypothesis, but I bet the Iranians worry more about the intel than they do the attack...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The Soleimani strike might anger the Iranians, but I have to imagine that they are more concerned about the intelligence that the U.S had on his whereabouts and even his further planned attacks.

If you are Iran, you will try and see revenge, but how will you be confident in doing so without being caught and punished if you cannot protect your #2?

The Soleimani strike might anger the Iranians, but I have to imagine that they are more concerned about the intelligence that the U.S had on his whereabouts and even his further planned attacks.

If you are Iran, you will try and see revenge, but how will you be confident in doing so without being caught and punished if you cannot protect your #2?
That was my first thought, as well. How did we know exactly when and where to flatten these guys? However, in one of the other threads on this, someone said that Soleimani has been going around like a celebrity of sorts--openly visiting various countries and making no attempt to hide. He was very popular with some of the people there. So maybe all we had to do was tune into Iranian or Iraqi 6 o'clock news.

With the bad will the Iranian government has fostered within the Iranian people I'm sure that nation is leaking like a sieve...I bet we know when Hassan Rouhani takes a shit....

That was my first thought, as well. How did we know exactly when and where to flatten these guys? However, in one of the other threads on this, someone said that Soleimani has been going around like a celebrity of sorts--openly visiting various countries and making no attempt to hide. He was very popular with some of the people there. So maybe all we had to do was tune into Iranian or Iraqi 6 o'clock news.

This goes beyond just knowing where he was, they knew what he was planning.

That means those in his orbit are talking, watching, sharing information. Or, the U.S is simply able to pick up communications at will.

If you are Iran, and you knew "we have something big coming for USA", then a couple of days later they take out your #2 and tell the world that they knew what you were planning, it's more shocking than anything. The bravado they express would just be covering up their own insecurities which they share privately.

You can bet that even if we don't know specifically where each of the ruling mullahs is at any given moment, Mossad does.

....yes, that was some good intel---however, high ranking 'chief's have failed to follow basic safe/secure ''rules'' before...CIA chief William Buckley comes to mind...

I bet the angry incoherent left wing American base worries about the renewed cooperation between the intelligence services and the President after the attempted political coup failed.

Forum List

Back