Jussie Smollett Sentenced to 150 Days in Cook County Jail, Screams "I am not suicidal! I am innocent!"

Ok, what's the principle behind your stance?

How come none of you rightwing conservative Republican-voters of USMB can't answer that simple question?
I already did. But more importantly, it isn’t a “simple” question. It is more simplistic. Flip it around.

On what “principle” should Jussie have been granted a non-incarceratory sentence?

Ok, what's the principle behind your stance?

How come none of you rightwing conservative Republican-voters of USMB can't answer that simple question?

This Conservative's Principle ...

If I were the District Attorney, I may not have charged him with every crime he committed ...
But I would have charged him with enough crimes that if he was found Guilty, the combined fines applicable would cover the cost
the District suffered pursuing his wild goose chase.

I already did. But more importantly, it isn’t a “simple” question. It is more simplistic. Flip it around.

On what “principle” should Jussie have been granted a non-incarceratory sentence?
The principle for that is easy, almost no LEVEL 4 felonies result in incarceration, particularly for non-violent crimes.

Notwithstanding the legion of recommendations and character letters from upstanding members of the community.

He didn't steal anything, he didn't hurt anyone, he didn't sexually assault anyone.

BTW, were you aware that this judge is known for giving light sentences to sexual criminals?

He came down harder on Juicy than he does on the sex criminals that come before him.

This was not justice dude. No matter how mad what you think Juicy did made you feel.

Yes, we do need to go after false reports of a crime to police They endanger the public at large.
Good. So what needs to be done to police who are caught lying on their police reports?

Remember, they're supposed to be the standard of law in our community.

I look forward to your response.

Good. So what needs to be done to police who are caught lying on their police reports?

Remember, they're supposed to be the standard of law in our community.

I look forward to your response.
Absolutely. Why not? If a cop did this, you would be outraged that he received a sentence of 5 months.

Look at the Russia collusion hoax. That's what happens when LEOs lie on sworn statements. I'm sure you want those crooks hung out to dry. Yes?

The principle for that is easy, almost no LEVEL 4 felonies result in incarceration, particularly for non-violent crimes.

Notwithstanding the legion of recommendations and character letters from upstanding members of the community.

He didn't steal anything, he didn't hurt anyone, he didn't sexually assault anyone.

BTW, were you aware that this judge is known for giving light sentences to sexual criminals?

He came down harder on Juicy than he does on the sex criminals that come before him.

This was not justice dude. No matter how mad what you think Juicy did made you feel.
I know what Jussie did. And I’m not a resident of Chicago or the State of Illinois. But it does not follow that, merely because many relatively low level felonies end up with no incarceration, no low-level felony convictions should yield an incarceratory sentence. And just because you happen to “feel” that “nobody” got hurt, doesn’t mean that you’re right. If you mean “no physical injury,” that appears to be true.

However, in many other ways, he DID hurt people, including the taxpayers of that city; plus he harmed race-relations via a fraud. He cost the city money for unnecessary police investigation — thereby taking those cops away from investigation real crimes. And, akin to pulling a false alarm or falsely reporting a bomb threat, such behavior also risks that other more dangerous crimes will get slower police response time — endangering the lives of others.

I thought Jussie might get no incarceration, at all. But I don’t see him having to serve 75 days as any kind of injustice.

This was too harsh.

I hope the voters of Chicago are paying attention.
What was too Harsh; The Sentence? He not only made it a Racial Issue but a Homophobic issue and a Political Issue. What would be appropriate?
Better yet; What if it were a Caucasian lying 🤥 about a Racial Homophobic Crime done by Black Pro Harris Voters??

I wonder how those that have had to endure hate crimes feel about this POS making
up a fake crime for personal gain feels about Jussie? How many man hours did the city
spend to get the actual truth and justice from this fake crime cost?
I'm surprised that you are so calloused as not even think of how true Black victims
felt over this. shameful, marc

Like most other leftists, MarcATL will happily throw anyone under the bus (especially black people) in service to "the Cause".

Forum List

Back