Jussie Smollett Sentenced to 150 Days in Cook County Jail, Screams "I am not suicidal! I am innocent!"

The story was ridiculous, the jury found him guilty, the two guys he hired testified against him. He offered ZERO credible defense.

The principle of not fucking faking hate crimes in a charged atmosphere, you fucking moron.
I'll answer your original question, no Juicy's story is not credible.

However, the point is, does this punishment fit the "crime?"

And if so, what's the principle behind it?

All this work to just not have to admit a fake hate crime hurts society in general.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

The fact that his lawyers are letting him make an ass of himself is malpractice on their part.

So the fact that he committed multiple class 4 felonies isn't enough for you? If you were arrested for multiple class 4 felonies and told the police "Well I didn't really hurt anyone", what do you think would happen to you? How much time do you think you'd end up having to do?

View attachment 614049
All they did here is take one offense, and charge him for it 16 times.

That that seem like justice to you?

All this work to just not have to admit a fake hate crime hurts society in general.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

The fact that his lawyers are letting him make an ass of himself is malpractice on their part.
Are you ever going to answer the underlying principle question?

Look at all the tweets supporting him in other posts in this thread, and guess who they wanted to blame for all this?

A FALSE attack on someone or a whole group of people isn't a problem for you?
What whole group of people are being "attacked?"

Jussie pulled off a very expensive scam. He was eligible for a LOT more time. He got a fairly lenient sentence. In this case, the sentence fits the crime and probably comes in on the light side. 150 days incarceration is just a bit more than a slap on the wrist, but it at least qualifies (barely) as punishment.

Wow. Judge threw the book at him, noting how he planned everything and lied on the stand for hours. Jussie wrote the script, hired actors, and directed and starred in a fictional work. He damaged real hate crime victims as a result.

"Justice for Jussie" used to be an Al Franken catch phrase. He got justice today.

He really didn't have the "book thrown at him" at all.

In fact he got off pretty easy.

As a homo, he'll be getting along fine in the joint showing with the boys, etc.

What whole group of people are being "attacked?"

Deplorable Americans were being attacked as Smollett was lying about us.

Accused us of assaulting him.

Smollett got off easy.

Remember Susan Smith down in South Carolina? She falsely accused a couple of black guys of abducting her kids.

She got life in prison, while a black guy doing the same got 5 months. Doesn't sound equitable to me.

I wonder how those that have had to endure hate crimes feel about this POS making
up a fake crime for personal gain feels about Jussie? How many man hours did the city
spend to get the actual truth and justice from this fake crime cost?
I'm surprised that you are so calloused as not even think of how true Black victims
felt over this. shameful, marc

Kim Foxx covered all of this up and would not prosecute him because jussie is 1/2 black and a leftist.

I wonder how those that have had to endure hate crimes feel about this POS making
up a fake crime for personal gain feels about Jussie? How many man hours did the city
spend to get the actual truth and justice from this fake crime cost?
I'm surprised that you are so calloused as not even think of how true Black victims
felt over this. shameful, marc
Fair enough, however, I'd like you to state the principle that bolsters your stance on this matter.

Can you do that?

All they did here is take one offense, and charge him for it 16 times.

That that seem like justice to you?

Using the United States Postal Service in the process of committing fraud or a crime can carry up to 20 years in prison.
He should be thankful he wasn't charged with every crime he could have been charged with.

Jussie pulled off a very expensive scam. He was eligible for a LOT more time. He got a fairly lenient sentence. In this case, the sentence fits the crime and probably comes in on the light side. 150 days incarceration is just a bit more than a slap on the wrist, but it at least qualifies (barely) as punishment.
Ok, what's the principle behind your stance?

How come none of you rightwing conservative Republican-voters of USMB can't answer that simple question?

As for the “principle” question, the principle of incarceration as punishment for the commission of crimes is a very long story. Nowadays, it is not just punitive. It is supposedly corrective. But it is still punitive, too. It boils down to the theory that you aren’t actually entitled to commit a crime without being punished for it.

For a pretty big ass fraud, 75 days in jail isn’t exactly Draconian.

Forum List

Back