Jury Summons

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Yeahs ago, when my kids were ltitle, I got 3 jury summons in 2 months. My youngest, being autistic, I had to stay home and they let me out. That was more than 20 years ago and I just got another jury summons. I plan on serving this time, only I'm shocked that they pay $10 a day. Minimum wage in this state is $9.04, how can they get away with $10.00 a day? Heck, that barely covers gas these days. I remember when I was a teen, one of my aunts friends served on many juries, it was the way she made her living. forget doing that today.

While I have no problem serving as I'm currently unemployed, I can't imagine any employed person taking time off for $10 a day, not when they need the money to pay their bills. I can't see how they can get a decent jury on $10 a day. No wonder OJ got off.

Got one 25 years ago,moved out of state the next day,never replied,haven't got another ,wife did grand jury last year they just about cover your gas,it is a civic duty,I would do it if they call.

Got one 25 years ago,moved out of state the next day,never replied,haven't got another ,wife did grand jury last year they just about cover your gas,it is a civic duty,I would do it if they call.

I've got no problems doing it, I only question the $10 a day which hasn't changed in what, 40 years?

Forum List

Back