Julian Assange to run for Australian Senate

It's as rude to attack public figures as it is to attack private people on a message board.

As for fishing, it's too cold.
Sweden's Case against Julian Paul Assange

Initiated on or around February 2, 2012, it is still unresolved.

I will be rude to men who are accused of rape against two separate women in less than a week then flee in the middle of their hearings, using wealth, celebrity, and press bias to weasel out of ever having to appear to answer to the charges.

Get used to it.

In the meantime, I hope the people of Australia will reserve their votes for Mr. Assange for public office if he indeed files to run, until this matter is resolved with a hearing in Sweden on these egregious charges. If he is innocent, time will tell

It is not like Sweden to draw up papers on innocent men. And most men who are innocent at least obey instructions to stay in a country until their case is heard.

That was a most craven thing to do in its best light, and I hope voters do not think they're going to get fairness from a coward who refuses to face his accusers.

I'm going to say this for the last time: There have been no charges brought against Julian Assange for the alleged "rape" of these women, and he did not flee in the middle of his hearings because if there are no charges then there are no hearings. You have pronounced him guilty of a crime that he is not even charged with committing. He is also not in hiding as you stated in the post before this one. He is under house arrest in the United Kingdom despite never having been charged with a crime in Sweden, the United States, or any other country.

These are facts, whether you choose to acknowledge them or not.
Pronouncing a man's cowardice to face his accusers is not the same as conviction in a court of law. The Swedish court has requested he be sent back to Sweden for the hearings on his conduct while in Sweden, which he fled. The court, to my knowledge, has not retracted its request. The Justices in the United Kingdom have not yet ruled over 9 weeks later. His case is truly up in the air.

The fact is, he may be extradited to Sweden in the near future if the United Kingdom Judges rule in favor of this fellow European country's request.

The only thing that has kept Julian Assange free this far is press biased in his favor because he pissed all over the United States by procuring documents from a serviceman who is in the brig suffering insult in the behalf of Julian Assange, who is also too cowardly to come here and face the sour note music he has played.

And whether it grates you to know it or not, some Americans take umbrage at craven celebrities who twist arms to get out of facing the people they abuse in one way or another on foreign turf. :rolleyes:

What is not known to me is whether the people of Australia are going to elect this CIA-sought person of interest.

Last edited:
Many Australians seem to have a different view of this man.

The US has him under indictment but I wonder if Obama would exercise the power.

I doubt it.

I couldn't say for sure. However, I'm going to rethink this whole situation by reading a for book and an against book. I just purchased David Leigh's book, "Wikileaks, Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy" and Richard A Clarke's book, "Cyber War: The Next Threat to National Security and What to Do About It." They come from opposite perspectives, and I still have enough of an open mind to change my opinion about international disrobing of national secrets or if we should maintain diplomatic relationships and not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I couldn't say for sure. However, I'm going to rethink this whole situation by reading a for book and an against book. I just purchased David Leigh's book, "Wikileaks, Inside Julian Assange's War on Secrecy" and Richard A Clarke's book, "Cyber War: The Next Threat to National Security and What to Do About It." They come from opposite perspectives, and I still have enough of an open mind to change my opinion about international disrobing of national secrets or if we should maintain diplomatic relationships and not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I'm content on having him stay on house arrest for the rest of his life. Without internet or computer access! It would send him over the edge, where he belongs. He can run but he can't hide forever. Yeah, if I hack into this wally's computer and shoot all his info on wiki-leaks I would be spreading free info?

I'm content on having him stay on house arrest for the rest of his life. Without internet or computer access! It would send him over the edge, where he belongs. He can run but he can't hide forever. Yeah, if I hack into this wally's computer and shoot all his info on wiki-leaks I would be spreading free info?
I wouldn't know how to do that. I think we have a couple of guys here who might approach such finesse, but whether motivated would be the issue. From what I've gathered over the past few weeks of reading, you would have to search and find all his assistants who may know how to conceal information, even their existence. I have a hunch there are people who can do a lot of different things online to damage their adversaries. The possibilities are so far over my experience and computer knowledge, I would only have my imagination to consider it all, and I'm sooooooooo not psychic. :lmao:

I understand he has fail safes in place. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

My books have not arrived yet. I'm trying to understand his side of why he and everybody who hates anybody politically would be so excited about destroying trust in every human being around the globe. This to me would seem to beget and not prevent wars. But what do I know?

Last edited:

I have no problem with any person exposing any govt for being a pack of backstabbing hypocrites.

When these Wikileaks occurred there was mass outrage at the number of lives these leaks would cost (the irony being, that even without these leaks 10s of 1000s of lives have been lost in Iraq and Afganistan), and yet I have seen nothing in the news about problems arising as a direct result of these releases.

I have seen these mofo's being made to look like idiots though.

Funny how most conservatives bitch and moan about their govt - for a myriad of reasons - and yet when they are brought to account via something like wikileaks they scramble to defend them.

Oh, and Becki - just so you know (because reading your posts you seem either ill- or uninformed - maybe even ignorant), it is thought that the only reason Sweden want him over there is because Assange supporters believe (with good cause) that once he is there the US will apply for his extradiction. If you have read anything about his case you will know that the claims of rape are dodgy to say the least..

Ah, Assange...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYSxjW55Kzc]Julian Assange on SNL ! - YouTube[/ame]

I thought he was still holed up in some dank cell somewhere...

I have no problem with any person exposing any govt for being a pack of backstabbing hypocrites.

When these Wikileaks occurred there was mass outrage at the number of lives these leaks would cost (the irony being, that even without these leaks 10s of 1000s of lives have been lost in Iraq and Afganistan), and yet I have seen nothing in the news about problems arising as a direct result of these releases.

Funny how most conservatives bitch and moan about their govt - for a myriad of reasons - and yet when they are brought to account via something like wikileaks they scramble to defend them.

Oh, and Becki - just so you know (because reading your posts you seem either ill- or uninformed - maybe even ignorant), it is thought that the only reason Sweden want him over there is because Assange supporters believe (with good cause) that once he is there the US will apply for his extradiction. If you have read anything about his case you will know that the claims of rape are dodgy to say the least..

She doesn't care about the facts of the case. She doesn't like Assange so anything that happens to him is justified in her mind.

She doesn't care about the facts of the case. She doesn't like Assange so anything that happens to him is justified in her mind.
I have two books on order about Julian Assange--one on Julian Assange the Golden Boy of Free Speech and one on Julian Assange the Commie Agitator. I'm going to read both of the books. Then I am going to decide. Right now, I don't care for men who use unprotected sex with hookers. If they have a girlfriend, she will get what he has. If he doesn't, he spreads disease from one multipartner person to another on a regular basis. It's like the little smilie sez with his victim taking his spoor: :9:

Last edited:

I have two books on order about Julian Assange--one on Julian Assange the Golden Boy of Free Speech and one on Julian Assange the Commie Agitator. I'm going to read both of the books. Then I am going to decide. Right now, I don't care for men who use unprotected sex with hookers. If they have a girlfriend, she will get what he has. If he doesn't, he spreads disease from one multipartner person to another on a regular basis. It's like the little smilie sez with his victim taking his spoor: :9:

1) They weren't hookers
2) He didn't have a girlfriend
3) Good luck with the reading
4) Am surprised you care enough to read about the guy....

Oh so now the women he had sex with were "hookers," and he's now apparently a communist. You just make up whatever you want about Assange, don't you?

You are saying Mr. Assange is a communist?

I associate him only as being man who has made several huge mistakes.

I want to read biographical notes from both sides of his exposure of this nation to the scrutiny of religious fanatics who love America so little they would send madmen over here to take out both WTC towers and the Pentagon; and their colleagues who had plans on wiping out a building in Chicago, a nuclear plant, the LA Airport, among many other plots I read about during 2001-2003.

Why is he looking to deepen rifts that were just starting to heal?

Why are you supportive of a chaotic end to America?

Last edited:

I want to read biographical notes from both sides of his exposure of this nation to the scrutiny of religious fanatics who love America so little they would send madmen over here to take out our WTC, and had plans on wiping out a building in Chicago, a nuclear plant, the LA Airport, among many other plots I read about during 2001-2003.

:eusa_doh:

I want to read biographical notes from both sides of his exposure of this nation to the scrutiny of religious fanatics who love America so little they would send madmen over here to take out both WTC towers and the Pentagon; and their colleagues who had plans on wiping out a building in Chicago, a nuclear plant, the LA Airport, among many other plots I read about during 2001-2003.

Why are you supportive of a chaotic end to America?

To expand on Kevin's more concise reflection of your post - you just don't get it....

Forum List

Back