Julian Assange.... Hypocrite.

Assange is going to be silenced.

My money is on India, with the help of the US and England.

However contentious either the left or right find this statement, it's not something that can be ignored. Assange, under the guise of exposing incompetent government handling of sensitive data, has made himself not only famous, but a viable target.

I think that this trial will set a case of precedence, in that it will set parameters on how similar cases should be tried, and, although I lean towards the right, I want to see Assange recieve a fair trial. But not because I care about his wellbeing. No, I'm just interested in how they'll deal with this legal quagmire.

But to think that Julian Assange, if aquitted, is going to get away with leaking all this sensitive information, be it voluntarily offered to him and not stolen, is incredibly naive. In short: he'll spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder. And if, in the not so distant future, I read that Assange drowned in a freak boating accident, I won't feel bad for thinking: 'Well, if you dance with the devil, you only finish when the music stops'.

After reading through the British press this morning, it would indeed seem as though the guy is seeking double standards, and the judge has quite rightly ignored Assange's plea.

I also think that he should be sanctioned, not disregarding the possibility of a custodial sentence, in either Sweden or the United States. If it did come to that, I would prefer to see him serve his sentence in the United States, because whether you're sitting on the left or the right, you can't deny that his actions would have, and may well have, put coalition lives at risk. And there's no way he or his associates would not have known the possible consequences of their actions. It may seem harmless because he's carrying himself as somekind of rogue journalist, and all this supposedly sensitive information is being leaked/published online, but professional accountability still applies.

But there is another undeniable angle to this whole sage, and that is that America has been mercilessly exposed for how incompetent they've been with regards to handling and managing sensitive data and secrets. And that the willful leaking of this material to wikileaks was done by government and military officials, which publically hints at dissent in the higher echelons of the US government. This is probably what they find most embarrassing, but instead of tracking the leak, they're gunning for the middleman.

They've already got the leaker in custody. So, no, they're not just gunning for the middleman. They got the leaker... now they're going after Assange.

Assange has, this morning, said he expects to be charged by the US Government on espionage charges in due course.

What's this leakers name? Or is he just a convenient patsy who's either complicite in any government smoke screens, or has been coerced into taking the blame?

After reading through the British press this morning, it would indeed seem as though the guy is seeking double standards, and the judge has quite rightly ignored Assange's plea.

I also think that he should be sanctioned, not disregarding the possibility of a custodial sentence, in either Sweden or the United States. If it did come to that, I would prefer to see him serve his sentence in the United States, because whether you're sitting on the left or the right, you can't deny that his actions would have, and may well have, put coalition lives at risk. And there's no way he or his associates would not have known the possible consequences of their actions. It may seem harmless because he's carrying himself as somekind of rogue journalist, and all this supposedly sensitive information is being leaked/published online, but professional accountability still applies.

But there is another undeniable angle to this whole sage, and that is that America has been mercilessly exposed for how incompetent they've been with regards to handling and managing sensitive data and secrets. And that the willful leaking of this material to wikileaks was done by government and military officials, which publically hints at dissent in the higher echelons of the US government. This is probably what they find most embarrassing, but instead of tracking the leak, they're gunning for the middleman.

They've already got the leaker in custody. So, no, they're not just gunning for the middleman. They got the leaker... now they're going after Assange.

Assange has, this morning, said he expects to be charged by the US Government on espionage charges in due course.

What's this leakers name? Or is he just a convenient patsy who's either complicite in any government smoke screens, or has been coerced into taking the blame?
Piss off with your conspiracy theories.

Uncomfortable as they may be, Ravi, these questions have to be asked. Because at the moment, what with this controversial rape allegation, the whole thing stinks of conspiracy.

You're kidding me, right? You clearly missed the myriad of threads about him... Bradley Manning, I will not insult the US Army by giving him his rank - he deserves no such honor. He is currently sitting in a US prison, awaiting trial. He's already admitted to his part and provided information on how and why he did it. Apparently, he was heartbroken because his boyfriend dumped him.

If you look around on the forum, you will find a copy of his charge sheet.

Try not to be a fucking moron, swagger.

You're kidding me, right? You clearly missed the myriad of threads about him... Bradley Manning, I will not insult the US Army by giving him his rank - he deserves no such honor. He is currently sitting in a US prison, awaiting trial. He's already admitted to his part and provided information on how and why he did it. Apparently, he was heartbroken because his boyfriend dumped him.

No, I was completely unaware of this Bradley Manning. So I like to think, on that basis, I'm not trying to be a "fucking moron", you, perhaps unintentionally, silly girl.

Now we've got the obligatory insults that tend to litter our discussions out of the way, do you think we can proceed with the subject at hand without resorting to further profanity?

Uncomfortable as they may be, Ravi, these questions have to be asked. Because at the moment, what with this controversial rape allegation, the whole thing stinks of conspiracy.

If you kept up with what happened, you wouldn't make an ass of yourself with such idiocy.

Little Tip: When Ravi and I are on the same side in any discussion, wise people run away. She's a hard ass, I'm a hard ass.... and we rarely agree... so when we do.... we take no prisoners.

Last edited:

If you kept up with what happened, you wouldn't make an ass of yourself with such idiocy.

Little Tip: When Ravi and I are on the same side in any discussion, wise people run away. She's a hard ass, I'm a hard ass.... and we rarely agree... so when we do.... we take no prisoners.

Oh, forgive me, priestess. I'm clearly not worthy of taking part in such an exclusive discussion, oh wise one.

Not.

Granted, I wasn't aware that this leak had been named, but you could've just named him in the first place, since you clearly have no problem in doing so.

With regards to making an arse of yourself and shedding integrity in the process, you could at least check your language when in the company of grown-ups. People tend to take you more seriously.

No, I was completely unaware of this Bradley Manning. So I like to think, on that basis, I'm not trying to be a "fucking moron", you, perhaps unintentionally, silly girl.

Now we've got the obligatory insults that tend to litter our discussions out of the way, do you think we can proceed with the subject at hand without resorting to further profanity?
Maybe you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. :thup:

Oh, forgive me, priestess. I'm clearly not worthy of taking part in such an exclusive discussion, oh wise one.

Not.

Granted, I wasn't aware that this leak had been named, but you could've just named him in the first place, since you clearly have no problem in doing so.

With regards to making an arse of yourself and shedding integrity in the process, you could at least check your language when in the company of grown-ups. People tend to take you more seriously.

Since he's been splashed across every major news outlet in the US - and this is a US forum with several threads about him, I hadn't realized that anyone would not know who he is. Personally, if I were you - before I started drawing up stupid CTs about it - I'd have made sure I knew what I was talking about. So, don't spend your time worrying about my integrity, deal with your own... lack thereof.

Not.

Since he's been splashed across every major news outlet in the US - and this is a US forum with several threads about him, I hadn't realized that anyone would not know who he is. Personally, if I were you - before I started drawing up stupid CTs about it - I'd have made sure I knew what I was talking about. So, don't spend your time worrying about my integrity, deal with your own... lack thereof.

Er, how have I compromised or sacrificed any integrity, seeing as I called mea culpa? Oh, and you and Ravi aren't "hard asses", you're just two very sensitive posters who are easily agitated by comments that don't suit your agenda.

Maybe you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.

Perhaps you should offer an opinion of your own, rather than cling to the coat tails of others, because all you've done on this thread is snipe from the sidelines. And less of the 'thumbs-up', young lady. And while you're at it, try replacing them them with a comment of some substance, instead.

Last edited:

Maybe you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.

Perhaps you should offer an opinion of your own, rather than cling to the coat tails of others, because all you've done on this thread is snipe from the sidelines. And less of the 'thumbs-up', young lady. And while you're at it, try replacing them them with a comment of some substance, instead.
It's more fun watching you make an ass of yourself.

That's the beauty of it. SOP in British Courts is for the bail address to be published. Assange wanted special treatment.... and the judge's reasoning was, to me, funny and absolutely right. Assange claims to be a lover of 'open information'.... but not for himself... just for everyone else.

The judge was absolutely wrong. You do realise it was at the judge's discretion and that on any other given day, under similar circumstances, and under a different judge, the decision might have been different.

Judges like the limelight, too. Just ask Ito...

That's the beauty of it. SOP in British Courts is for the bail address to be published. Assange wanted special treatment.... and the judge's reasoning was, to me, funny and absolutely right. Assange claims to be a lover of 'open information'.... but not for himself... just for everyone else.

The judge was absolutely wrong. You do realise it was at the judge's discretion and that on any other given day, under similar circumstances, and under a different judge, the decision might have been different.

Judges like the limelight, too. Just ask Ito...

Get the fuck over it. The Judge made the ruling. You don't like it. Tough. You ain't the judge. Grow up.

Forum List

Back