Julian Assange.... Hypocrite.

That's the beauty of it. SOP in British Courts is for the bail address to be published. Assange wanted special treatment.... and the judge's reasoning was, to me, funny and absolutely right. Assange claims to be a lover of 'open information'.... but not for himself... just for everyone else.

The judge was absolutely wrong. You do realise it was at the judge's discretion and that on any other given day, under similar circumstances, and under a different judge, the decision might have been different.

Judges like the limelight, too. Just ask Ito...

Get the fuck over it. The Judge made the ruling. You don't like it. Tough. You ain't the judge. Grow up.

Of course i don't like it. I bet people were really pissed back in 1865 when the slaves were freed too.

Grow up? You're the one getting your panties in a wad over somebody who is releasing information that all of us have the right to know. I bet you pretend that you hate the concept of Orwell's 1984...going by your responses on this thread and others with regard to Assange, you are a friend of Big Brother...

Last edited:
The judge was absolutely wrong. You do realise it was at the judge's discretion and that on any other given day, under similar circumstances, and under a different judge, the decision might have been different.

Get the fuck over it. The Judge made the ruling. You don't like it. Tough. You ain't the judge. Grow up.

Of course i don't like it. I bet people were really pissed back in 1865 when the slaves were freed too.

Grow up? You're the one getting your panties in a wad over somebody who is releasing information that all of us have the right to know. I bet you pretend that you hate the concept of Orwell's 1984...going by your responses on this thread and others with regard to Assange, you are a friend of Big Brother...

My panties are just fine, thanks. No need for concern. I'm rightly concerned about the security of my nation. I'm weird like that - I want to ensure that our security services can do the best job possible to protect my fellow citizens - even the liberals! I don't want Americans, or any other nation, to suffer a terrorist attack that we could prevent if we share information. That - and that alone - is my interest in Assange.

If, as has been reported, Assange was in touch with Manning PRIOR to the theft of the documents... If, as has been reported, Assange had any influence over what information was stolen or provided any advice about how to get the information... Then I am not surprised he's so concerned about potential charges. Because that is most definitely gonna be a charge of espionage... and assisting with the removal of confidential information from the US Government (which is an easier charge to prove).... And, that explains why he wanted his bail address withheld.

Where do you or I have the right to see classified documents? You want the nuclear release codes too?

You're the one getting your panties in a wad over somebody who is releasing information that all of us have the right to know.
The Sixties called. They want their simplistic everything-will-be-okay-if-we-all-hold-hands mindset back.

No, you don't have a right to know everything.

Grumpie is obsessed with the actual information coming out. I take a different view... my concern is about the fact that confidential information leaked and the impact of that fact on national security agencies around the world. This may not be the focus of the media - but the media are often the last to understand the real important shit.... they get carried away with stupid shit.

You're the one getting your panties in a wad over somebody who is releasing information that all of us have the right to know.
The Sixties called. They want their simplistic everything-will-be-okay-if-we-all-hold-hands mindset back.

No, you don't have a right to know everything.

Grumpie is obsessed with the actual information coming out. I take a different view... my concern is about the fact that confidential information leaked and the impact of that fact on national security agencies around the world. This may not be the focus of the media - but the media are often the last to understand the real important shit.... they get carried away with stupid shit.
Leftists usually do.

My panties are just fine, thanks. No need for concern. I'm rightly concerned about the security of my nation. I'm weird like that - I want to ensure that our security services can do the best job possible to protect my fellow citizens - even the liberals! I don't want Americans, or any other nation, to suffer a terrorist attack that we could prevent if we share information. That - and that alone - is my interest in Assange.

If, as has been reported, Assange was in touch with Manning PRIOR to the theft of the documents... If, as has been reported, Assange had any influence over what information was stolen or provided any advice about how to get the information... Then I am not surprised he's so concerned about potential charges. Because that is most definitely gonna be a charge of espionage... and assisting with the removal of confidential information from the US Government (which is an easier charge to prove).... And, that explains why he wanted his bail address withheld.

Well, if you can show just ONE cable that has done such, then have at it..

Big supposition that he was in touch with Manning prior to the leaks.

He probably wanted his bail address withheld because he didn't want the press parked on his doorstep 24/7. And if he did help Manning in any way, and it can be proven, why does his address even matter. The police know where he is staying, and he has strict bail conditions....

Where do you or I have the right to see classified documents? You want the nuclear release codes too?

I have already stated on another thread that if he had disclosed the nuclear codes, or US technological advances that were hush, hush, or upcoming aircraft carrier or troop movements, I get that concern. I would understand all the DQ's rambling on about this. All he has done amounts to releasing information about gossip. As I have said, just because it is said to be classified, doesn't mean it deserved the classification. I have seen nothing released so far that either most people didn't know about or is just harmless babble (interesting babble, but harmless nonetheless!)

He probably wanted his bail address withheld because he didn't want the press parked on his doorstep 24/7. And if he did help Manning in any way, and it can be proven, why does his address even matter. The police know where he is staying, and he has strict bail conditions....

i think he also doesn't want to be physically threatened...

kind of like disclosing secured sites.

[

I think the actual leak itself is the worry, too. Not the person who disseminated or received the info - that is a red herring. Yet you are the one who wants your pound of flesh from Assange, and even more so with Manning....

i think he also doesn't want to be physically threatened...

kind of like disclosing secured sites.

That could possibly be the case.

Forum List

Back