Judge upholds tough Pa. voter ID law

The notion that civil liberties can be preempted because a citizen might abuse those rights is not only offensive to the Constitution, the rule of law, the doctrine of presumed innocence, but is also the cornerstone of a police state.

Per that ‘rationale,’ the leader of a controversial political movement could be denied the right to speak at a political event because he might say something to start a riot.

I have no problem asking for ID - I do have a problem slipping the requirement in during the 11th hour which doesn't allow much time for lots of people to get the required ID.

I think everyone knew well ahead of time and crying "it's the 11th hour" is just an excuse. It will be the same excuse used in the next election.

PA: it was an 11th hour maneuver when the rules changed yet again.

The bad guys got what they deserved in PA.

I believe in photo voter ID, Liability, done the right way, so, yes, the good guys won.

Do it right long before the next time around.

I believe in photo voter ID, Liability, done the right way, so, yes, the good guys won.

Do it right long before the next time around.

Well, given the ruling from the PA Supreme Court (which I admit isn't as horrible as I had earlier presumed), J. Simpson was pretty much obligated to disallow the law from going into effect yet.

And I also agree that any voter ID Law HAS to be done in a way that is fair and very reasonable.

But if any of us imagine or pretend that we will ever get it "perfect," then we are really urging that there never be ANY voter ID law.

And that would be tragic and stupid.

Forum List

Back