Judge upholds tough Pa. voter ID law

I have no problem asking for ID - I do have a problem slipping the requirement in during the 11th hour which doesn't allow much time for lots of people to get the required ID.

The judge did what he was supposed to do: make a determination if the benefit (preventing fraud? oh, really??) outweighed disenfranching legitimate voters.

He made the right decision.

The judge did what he was supposed to do: make a determination if the benefit (preventing fraud? oh, really??) outweighed disenfranching legitimate voters.

He made the right decision.
The correct decision to delay implementation. The correct decision to uphold the Law.

just another racist law white people want, just like the voter tax laws and test laws in 1960's.

this is just white being racist, nothing new in America.

How is it racist when it would affect people of ALL colors??

What's your excuse going to be when this comes into affect next year? Of course by then it won't matter anymore....they just don't want it NOW because it might hurt their leader and he won't win. Lol!

Well, when Romney win, what's you're excuse going to be then? You won't be able to say the voter ID laws were the cause!

Because minorties are too stupid to have an I.D. at least liberals think so

The instructions the judge was given was to make a determination whether or not the law was so restrictive that it would disenfranchise voters. If that turned out to be the case, then he was to halt it.

They did not order him to halt it. They ordered him to make a determination himself.

He did, it does, he made the call.

That takes integrity and courage to reverse himself. He could easily have decided it does not disenfranchise voters and uphold the law. But he proved to be an honest man.

Right, cause he completely looked over that determination the first time around. Politics in play, ya gotta love it. And that's why it's going to start next year, right? Once the presidential election is over. :lol:

you as an american should be embarrassed this is even an issue and that one would need an ID to vote. Of course your not so why bother right?
Freedom and liberty so long as you have an ID.
Tissue?

just another racist law white people want, just like the voter tax laws and test laws in 1960's.

How is it racist when it would affect people of ALL colors??

What's your excuse going to be when this comes into affect next year? Of course by then it won't matter anymore....they just don't want it NOW because it might hurt their leader and he won't win. Lol!

Well, when Romney win, what's you're excuse going to be then? You won't be able to say the voter ID laws were the cause!

you can't be this stupid

No.....I'm not

I agree, Zander, if the law is done in a reasonable manner, with plenty of lead time, with government-paid ID, and with adaptation where necessary.

Does PA have all of that? If so, explain it to us.

Yes, it's racist to expect someone to have the ability to identify themselves.
So I guess, let's see, the Airlines are racist. Banks are racist. Any institution that requires ID are racist.
Tell us oh great one, is it just black people who according to you, are unable to acquire a FREE of charge government issued ID?

I agree, Zander, if the law is done in a reasonable manner, with plenty of lead time, with government-paid ID, and with adaptation where necessary.

Does PA have all of that? If so, explain it to us.

No thanks....it's boring and inconsequential. I bet the judge and every person in his court had an ID. The writer who wrote the story has an ID. 99,999 of of 100,000 people have ID. I simply don't give a shit about the one person in 100,000 that doesn't....

Last edited:
It's not racist.

Those who don't have valid ID, and may run across trouble obtaining one are the poor, the elderly and students.

While I don't think voter ID is necessary, I support the states right to decide. As long as due process is given. Pushing last min. changes before a national election, is wrong, and will disenfranchise many voters.

:clap2:
In a ruling with implications for the presidential race, a judge Wednesday rejected an effort by civil rights groups to block Pennsylvania’s new voter ID law, legislation that Republicans say is needed to prevent fraud at the polls this fall.

Commonwealth Court Judge Robert E. Simpson, a Republican, rejected the complaint that sought an injunction to prevent the law from taking effect. The measure, approved by the Republican-controlled legislature last spring, requires voters to show a state-approved photo ID such as a driver’s license in order to vote.

The ACLU and other groups opposed to the law are expected to appeal. They argue that the law will disenfranchise thousands of voters, especially lower-income residents and minorities.

A number of other states with Republican-controlled legislatures have also passed or are considering law to toughen identification standards

Pa. voters will need to show their IDs - Washington Times

By now you surely know this but ..................

you're wrong.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...-halts-voter-suppression-law.html#post6093849

:clap2::clap2::lol::lol::clap2::clap2::lol::lol:

I am for voter photo ID, Zander, if it is done in a way that does not disenfranchise legitimate votes.

The judge said PA's law did just that.

I am for voter photo ID, Zander, if it is done in a way that does not disenfranchise legitimate votes.

The judge said PA's law did just that.

Meh...20 ID-less people in Pennsylvania can now be bussed down to a precinct in Philly to vote for more goodies from Uncle Obama...... yawn...

Yawn on those who can't prove their is any significant voter fraud in the first place, Zander.

Thank you, Turzai, for helping this judge's decision to be made.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8]Turzai: Voter ID Will Allow Romney to Win Pa. - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back