Judge upholds tough Pa. voter ID law

PA may indeed be Obama's, from the way things are polling currently in the small sample polls (for whatever you think they are actually worth)... but WIS is still in play if you take the data from the very same polls.. and the debates have not even started...

But you sure like to throw out your Nostradamus like omniscience

Americans have had 8 years to learn about Romney. There is not going to be a sustained bump after he is "introduced" by the convention. I have posted several instances where his now-supporters called him a "turd", "phony", "wind sock", "liberal", and "shitty choice". That is his Supporters; not his detractors.

Debates are co-hosted infomercials. Obama is too disciplined to cough it up on that stage and Romney comes off as the "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" asshat from the commercials. Most Americans like French's or Grudens (my favorite).

Wisconsin is dominated by suburban Chicago. The further north you go, the more Romney voters there will be. That much is true. Ryan should help the Governor there but Obama will win it in the end.

I'm supremely confident in Obama because of Romney's inability to convert anyone in 8 years.

You ignore several factors which will influence this race:

* Younger people no longer enthused about your hero. Many will stay home or, as recent polling suggest, switch to Romney... Extrapolate that to the general voting population as well...

* Many deeply religous blacks are not thrilled with the "First Gay President"....

* Unemployment not getting better, gas prices skyrocketing... People vote with their wallets...

* Unions no longer enthusiastically supporting your hero... The bloodbath to their coffers in WI with the recall was an eye opener...

You're free to claim "firmly in the 0bama column", but we're free to wonder what color the sky is in your world...

yeah, we have heard this over and over again, but all i have to say is check the scoreboard. It has obama in the lead presently. You can make all the guesses you want, but it seems Mittens is losing.

A Republican judge refuses to halt a law for which he did not admit to any merits of the law, and which even the proponents of the law say there is no in person fraud to warrant such a law. They just want one for...no reason. Just because. It has nothing to do with keeping certain people from voting. No, sir. We want it because...well, we have no explanation, really.

Gee, there's a surprise.

The ruling will be appealed. The state Supreme Court is made of three Democratic judges, and four Republican judges. Oops. I mean three Republican judges. There were four, but one of them has been suspended and is fighting criminal corruption charges.

Americans have had 8 years to learn about Romney. There is not going to be a sustained bump after he is "introduced" by the convention. I have posted several instances where his now-supporters called him a "turd", "phony", "wind sock", "liberal", and "shitty choice". That is his Supporters; not his detractors.

Debates are co-hosted infomercials. Obama is too disciplined to cough it up on that stage and Romney comes off as the "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" asshat from the commercials. Most Americans like French's or Grudens (my favorite).

Wisconsin is dominated by suburban Chicago. The further north you go, the more Romney voters there will be. That much is true. Ryan should help the Governor there but Obama will win it in the end.

I'm supremely confident in Obama because of Romney's inability to convert anyone in 8 years.

You ignore several factors which will influence this race:

* Younger people no longer enthused about your hero. Many will stay home or, as recent polling suggest, switch to Romney... Extrapolate that to the general voting population as well...

* Many deeply religous blacks are not thrilled with the "First Gay President"....

* Unemployment not getting better, gas prices skyrocketing... People vote with their wallets...

* Unions no longer enthusiastically supporting your hero... The bloodbath to their coffers in WI with the recall was an eye opener...

You're free to claim "firmly in the 0bama column", but we're free to wonder what color the sky is in your world...

yeah, we have heard this over and over again, but all i have to say is check the scoreboard. It has obama in the lead presently. You can make all the guesses you want, but it seems Mittens is losing.

"is" and "will" are two different words... In November we will know...

I'd be glad to hear why you think what I just posted is inaccurate...

They should be cautious as to get out the most possible voters. PA and WI are in Obama's column. Firmly.

Sorry.

So you have the vote count..with the election not needed..........

:lmao: Let me guess you claim to be one of the DNCs best and brightest.,

I'm not registered with any poltical party. If I were in the DNC, I'd probably be the middle of the pack. If I were a registered republican, I'd probably one of the smartest in the room given what I see here from the GOP.

A Republican judge refuses to halt a law for which he did not admit to any merits of the law, and which even the proponents of the law say there is no in person fraud to warrant such a law. They just want one for...no reason. Just because. It has nothing to do with keeping certain people from voting. No, sir. We want it because...well, we have no explanation, really.

Gee, there's a surprise.

The ruling will be appealed. The state Supreme Court is made of three Democratic judges, and four Republican judges. Oops. I mean three Republican judges. There were four, but one of them has been suspended and is fighting criminal corruption charges.

Yea and this means nothing, right??

There is voter fraud in Pennsylvania. Here are some numbers to prove it.

4 = number of persons convicted of voter fraud in Pennsylvania since the year 2004, including the time when Gov. Corbett was Attorney General. All 4 cases involved people registering when not eligible.

0 = number of persons convicted of a voter pretending to be someone he or she was not, in other words, the very thing the voter ID law is supposed to prevent, since the year 2004 including the time when Gov. Corbett was Attorney General.

20,000,000 = number of votes cast in Pennsylvania since 2004. That’s 4/20,000,000 votes cast which is 1 in 5,000,000 or 0.00002% of the votes cast. For those readers who are of a betting sort, the odds of winning a state lottery are a much higher 1 in 4,000,000 or 0.00000025.

700,000 = the approximate number of Pennsylvania voters who do not have a valid PA Driver’s License who are otherwise eligible to vote. According to the Washington Post, 11 percent of all Americans lack a photo ID, including 20 percent of voters younger than 29, 15 percent of those earning less than $35,000 per year, and a full quarter of all African Americans.

4 = former Pennsylvania Speaker of the House John Perzel, his brother-in-law Samuel “Buzz” Stokes, his nephew Eric Ruth, and Donald McClintock, who were recently sentenced and convicted of using public employees and other resources from the taxpayer financed House Republican technology office for political purposes.

Voter Fraud | Rock The Capital - A network of political stakeholders addressing local and regional elements of politics

They should be cautious as to get out the most possible voters. PA and WI are in Obama's column. Firmly.

Sorry.

With the exception of 2008, which was a wave year, WI and PA have never firmly been in the Democrats' column even though they've won them. Kerry only won PA by 2 points in 2004 and he barely edged out Bush in WI by half a point. I think it will be a similar margin this year regardless of who they go with.

So if they have a problem voting they have a little under 3 months to find a few bucks, get to the DMV, and get themselves a non-driver ID or driver's license. Now if they pass something like this at the end of october i could see a problem, but this works. Nice thing is if you get a driver's license or non-driver ID you get registered to vote free of charge. I don't see a problem with this. The only places in PA where this would be somewhat of a problem is in the red farmland anyway. In big city districts with large black populations, and heavier weight in the state you have something called public transportation and local DMVs anyway.

Seriously, this is actually good for the dems as the city dwelling people who make up the majority of PA's population are within easy distance from a DMV and can do this. The people who will find it harder are poor whites in the rural farmlands and the elderly republicans who avoided getting their ID because they did not want to register for the draft. It is also easy to get the people in the urban areas some assistance in getting IDs. Then there are the state's colleges who often offer up assistance to their students for getting registered and doing what they need to to vote. Given the demographics of the state this will help dems a lot more than republicans and insure the state is blue.

Thanks guys you just gave PA to Obama.

You aren't very smart. The demographics of who has and does not have an ID is what matters, not where they live. And it is mostly the poor and elderly who do not have ID.

You are correct the GOP is working hard to make PA a blue state, though. But you are right for all the wrong reasons.

The people who vote Democratic are going to be energized by these obvious attempts at cheating by the GOP.

No one can get a hard-on about Romney. He doesn't inspire voters to get out and vote for him.

But lots of people can get mad enough to vote against him when assholes are so obviously trying to prevent them from doing so.

The Republican philosophy is morally bankrupt. The lies, the hypocrisy, the extramarital affairs, the big government spending, the closet homos. It's all been exposed. And people like me have scraped the GOP off like a flesh-eating bacteria. My lost vote will be supplemented by the pissed off Democratic voters who see this Voter ID thing for what it really is.

The Republican Party can no longer win on principle, so now they have nothing left but to cheat. It just does not occur to them to restore their honor and win honestly and with superior philosophy and principles.

Pretty sad.

Last edited:
A Republican judge refuses to halt a law for which he did not admit to any merits of the law, and which even the proponents of the law say there is no in person fraud to warrant such a law. They just want one for...no reason. Just because.

Isn't that the case with most laws?

So if they have a problem voting they have a little under 3 months to find a few bucks, get to the DMV, and get themselves a non-driver ID or driver's license. Now if they pass something like this at the end of october i could see a problem, but this works. Nice thing is if you get a driver's license or non-driver ID you get registered to vote free of charge. I don't see a problem with this. The only places in PA where this would be somewhat of a problem is in the red farmland anyway. In big city districts with large black populations, and heavier weight in the state you have something called public transportation and local DMVs anyway.

Seriously, this is actually good for the dems as the city dwelling people who make up the majority of PA's population are within easy distance from a DMV and can do this. The people who will find it harder are poor whites in the rural farmlands and the elderly republicans who avoided getting their ID because they did not want to register for the draft. It is also easy to get the people in the urban areas some assistance in getting IDs. Then there are the state's colleges who often offer up assistance to their students for getting registered and doing what they need to to vote. Given the demographics of the state this will help dems a lot more than republicans and insure the state is blue.

You aren't very smart. The demographics of who has and does not have an ID is what matters, not where they live. And it is mostly the poor and elderly who do not have ID.

You are correct the GOP is working hard to make PA a blue state, though. But you are right for all the wrong reasons.

The people who vote Democratic are going to be energized by these obvious attempts at cheating by the GOP.

No one can get a hard-on about Romney. He doesn't inspire voters to get out and vote for him.

But lots of people can get mad enough to vote against him when assholes are so obviously trying to prevent them from doing so.

The Republican philosophy is morally bankrupt. The lies, the hypocrisy, the extramarital affairs, the big government spending, the closet homos. It's all been exposed. The Republican Party can no longer win on principal, so now they have nothing left but to cheat.

Pretty sad.

Who are these people with no ID?

I have never met someone who hasnt had one. Yes people have lost theirs.

You get that right.......Lost.

You aren't very smart.

That's like pointing out the sky is blue.

The demographics of who has and does not have an ID is what matters, not where they live. And it is mostly the poor and elderly who do not have ID.

The Republican philosophy is morally bankrupt. The lies, the hypocrisy, the extramarital affairs, the big government spending, the closet homos. It's all been exposed. The Republican Party can no longer win on principal, so now they have nothing left but to cheat.

Pretty sad.

Nobody has cheated, but please, let's not let reality get in the way of your hyperbole.

You aren't very smart.

The demographics of who has and does not have an ID is what matters, not where they live. And it is mostly the poor and elderly who do not have ID.

Pretty sad.

Nobody has cheated, but please, let's not let reality get in the way of your hyperbole.

Voter ID is a blatantly obvious attempt at cheating. Well, obvious to anyone who isn't blinded by all the bongwater they drank.

The PA Voter ID proponents freely admit there is no in person voter fraud to justify it.

Hey, I don't give a shit if you believe it is cheating or not. But you should give a shit that it is being seen by liberals as cheating and it is going to energize them even more to get out the vote.

This will blow up in the GOP's face. Big-time.

The GOP deserves Obama's re-election.

You aren't very smart.

Pretty sad.

Voter ID is a blatantly obvious attempt at cheating. Well, obvious to anyone who isn't blinded by all the bongwater they drank.

The PA Voter ID proponents freely admit there is no in person voter fraud to justify it.

Hey, I don't give a shit if you believe it is cheating or not. But you should give a shit that it is being seen by liberals as cheating and it is going to energize them even more to get out the vote.

This will blow up in the GOP's face. Big-time.

The GOP deserves Obama's re-election.

Ahhhh, I see when you have more voters than you do than voters with ID there couldn't possibly be any voter fraud.

Then why the heck did 4 guys get convicted of voter fraud??

Ahhhh, I see when you have more voters than you do than voters with ID there couldn't possibly be any voter fraud.

Strawman. No one is claiming there is no voter fraud. I don't know why you guys keep making that shit up.

None of you have ever been able to show what Voter ID can do to stop or prevent fraud that the current system can't. If dead people are voting, it is because the voter registration rolls are not properly managed. If illegals are voting, how did they get on the registration rolls to begin with? Voter ID would not stop that. At. All.

If an illegal registers to vote, showing an ID at the voting booth won't stop them from voting. The problem is with the registration process.

No one has ever shown illegals or fraud are swinging elections.

Then why the heck did 4 guys get convicted of voter fraud??

What were the specifics of their fraud, and how would Voter ID have been the only means to stop or catch them?

Last edited:
PA may indeed be Obama's, from the way things are polling currently in the small sample polls (for whatever you think they are actually worth)... but WIS is still in play if you take the data from the very same polls.. and the debates have not even started...

But you sure like to throw out your Nostradamus like omniscience

It makes for fun post-election day bumpage if they are wrong...:thup:

And I hope to God that we will be seeing it.

It's amazing to me how there are so many people that are so completely unable to think logically that they believe that absense of proof is proof of absense. Just because there are relatively few known cases of voter fraud doesn't mean that there is no voter fraud. Why is that so hard to understand?

I have addressed the dead people and illegal alien voting problem and how Voter ID will not solve that. That is a voter registration problem.

So even though no one has ever shown dead people or illegals are swinging elections, I still drove a stake through that argument for the sake of the gullible.

Now let's address another concern Voter ID proponents have expressed: The idea of you registering to vote and someone else showing up and voting in your name.

For someone to do so, they would be taking a huge risk. The upside of voting for the negro from Kenya is more than outweighed by the risk of prison. There just is no percentage in it.

Unless...this kind of fraud is done on a large enough scale to swing the election in the Muslim socialist's favor.

It would require an army of fraudsters to pull this off. A massive conspiracy.

There is no evidence such a massive conspiracy has ever been perpetrated. We do not hear of hordes of eligible voters screaming about someone else having voted in their name.

The Voter ID arguments collapse on all fronts. Voter ID is a solution looking for a problem only it can solve.

We managed to vote for over TWO CENTURIES without Voter ID. This SCREAMS that Voter ID is an invented "solution" intended for some other purpose than election security.

It is tailor-made for illogical paranoids to swallow by the yard.

It's amazing to me how there are so many people that are so completely unable to think logically that they believe that absense of proof is proof of absense. Just because there are relatively few known cases of voter fraud doesn't mean that there is no voter fraud. Why is that so hard to understand?

If there are few examples of voter fraud being prosecuted, it COULD mean that there are only a few cases of voter fraud and they are almost always caught.

Does that seem likely?

Or is it more likely that the guys who engage in it have simply managed to do so successfully? And by "successfully" I do mean: without getting caught.

Forum List

Back