Judge upholds tough Pa. voter ID law

It's amazing to me how there are so many people that are so completely unable to think logically that they believe that absense of proof is proof of absense. Just because there are relatively few known cases of voter fraud doesn't mean that there is no voter fraud. Why is that so hard to understand?

So you are offering imaginary scenarios as evidence Voter ID is necessary?

I'm sorry, but claims require evidence.

You are abusing the "proof of absence" scenario. You are like a UFO believer who claims that even though he has no evidence of UFOs, that does not mean UFOs don't exist.

If one claims there are UFOs, one must provide the evidence they exist.

If one claims we need Voter ID, one must provide the evidence it is needed. You cannot claim it is needed and then state you don't have to provide evidence. You can't whine about "proof of absence". You want the new regulations and more government intervention in the constitutional right to vote? Prove it is necessary.

You have not. No one has. They just offer imaginary scenarios.

Dead people voting is not evidence of a need for the reasons I have explained countless times.

Illegals voting is not evidence of a need for the reasons I have explained countless times.

Someone voting in your name is not evidence of a need for the reasons I have explained countless times.

Last edited:
A Republican judge refuses to halt a law for which he did not admit to any merits of the law, and which even the proponents of the law say there is no in person fraud to warrant such a law. They just want one for...no reason. Just because. It has nothing to do with keeping certain people from voting. No, sir. We want it because...well, we have no explanation, really.

Gee, there's a surprise.

The ruling will be appealed. The state Supreme Court is made of three Democratic judges, and four Republican judges. Oops. I mean three Republican judges. There were four, but one of them has been suspended and is fighting criminal corruption charges.

It's a state court. The issue needs to be a Federal one, since the PA law is a defacto poll tax, and a violation of the Constitution.

One case of voter fraud is one case too many.

Indeed.

But it is not evidence of the need for Voter ID.

Then why the heck did 4 guys get convicted of voter fraud??

What were the specifics of the four cases of fraud you mentioned, and how would Voter ID have been the only means to stop or catch them?

Last edited:
So if they have a problem voting they have a little under 3 months to find a few bucks, get to the DMV, and get themselves a non-driver ID or driver's license. Now if they pass something like this at the end of october i could see a problem, but this works. Nice thing is if you get a driver's license or non-driver ID you get registered to vote free of charge. I don't see a problem with this. The only places in PA where this would be somewhat of a problem is in the red farmland anyway. In big city districts with large black populations, and heavier weight in the state you have something called public transportation and local DMVs anyway.

Seriously, this is actually good for the dems as the city dwelling people who make up the majority of PA's population are within easy distance from a DMV and can do this. The people who will find it harder are poor whites in the rural farmlands and the elderly republicans who avoided getting their ID because they did not want to register for the draft. It is also easy to get the people in the urban areas some assistance in getting IDs. Then there are the state's colleges who often offer up assistance to their students for getting registered and doing what they need to to vote. Given the demographics of the state this will help dems a lot more than republicans and insure the state is blue.

Thanks guys you just gave PA to Obama.

You aren't very smart. The demographics of who has and does not have an ID is what matters, not where they live. And it is mostly the poor and elderly who do not have ID.

You are correct the GOP is working hard to make PA a blue state, though. But you are right for all the wrong reasons.

The people who vote Democratic are going to be energized by these obvious attempts at cheating by the GOP.

No one can get a hard-on about Romney. He doesn't inspire voters to get out and vote for him.

But lots of people can get mad enough to vote against him when assholes are so obviously trying to prevent them from doing so.

The Republican philosophy is morally bankrupt. The lies, the hypocrisy, the extramarital affairs, the big government spending, the closet homos. It's all been exposed. The Republican Party can no longer win on principal, so now they have nothing left but to cheat.

Pretty sad.

Who are these people with no ID?

I have never met someone who hasnt had one. Yes people have lost theirs.

You get that right.......Lost.

The young, the elderly, the poor, and the disabled. I guess you're OK with bringing back a de facto poll tax.

You aren't very smart. The demographics of who has and does not have an ID is what matters, not where they live. And it is mostly the poor and elderly who do not have ID.

You are correct the GOP is working hard to make PA a blue state, though. But you are right for all the wrong reasons.

The people who vote Democratic are going to be energized by these obvious attempts at cheating by the GOP.

No one can get a hard-on about Romney. He doesn't inspire voters to get out and vote for him.

But lots of people can get mad enough to vote against him when assholes are so obviously trying to prevent them from doing so.

The Republican philosophy is morally bankrupt. The lies, the hypocrisy, the extramarital affairs, the big government spending, the closet homos. It's all been exposed. The Republican Party can no longer win on principal, so now they have nothing left but to cheat.

Pretty sad.

Who are these people with no ID?

I have never met someone who hasnt had one. Yes people have lost theirs.

You get that right.......Lost.

The young, the elderly, the poor, and the disabled. I guess you're OK with bringing back a de facto poll tax.

Dumbfuck...

It's not a poll tax if it's fucking free...

Go be stupid somewhere else....

Ahhhhhhh...I can see why you did not want to be specific:

There is voter fraud in Pennsylvania. Here are some numbers to prove it.

4 = number of persons convicted of voter fraud in Pennsylvania since the year 2004, including the time when Gov. Corbett was Attorney General. All 4 cases involved people registering when not eligible.

Nothing Voter ID would have done to stop that!

0 = number of persons convicted of a voter pretending to be someone he or she was not, in other words, the very thing the voter ID law is supposed to prevent, since the year 2004 including the time when Gov. Corbett was Attorney General.

20,000,000 = number of votes cast in Pennsylvania since 2004. That’s 4/20,000,000 votes cast which is 1 in 5,000,000 or 0.00002% of the votes cast. For those readers who are of a betting sort, the odds of winning a state lottery are a much higher 1 in 4,000,000 or 0.00000025.

700,000 = the approximate number of Pennsylvania voters who do not have a valid PA Driver’s License who are otherwise eligible to vote. According to the Washington Post, 11 percent of all Americans lack a photo ID, including 20 percent of voters younger than 29, 15 percent of those earning less than $35,000 per year, and a full quarter of all African Americans.

4 = former Pennsylvania Speaker of the House John Perzel, his brother-in-law Samuel “Buzz” Stokes, his nephew Eric Ruth, and Donald McClintock, who were recently sentenced and convicted of using public employees and other resources from the taxpayer financed House Republican technology office for political purposes.

Voter Fraud | Rock The Capital - A network of political stakeholders addressing local and regional elements of politics

It's amazing to me how there are so many people that are so completely unable to think logically that they believe that absense of proof is proof of absense. Just because there are relatively few known cases of voter fraud doesn't mean that there is no voter fraud. Why is that so hard to understand?

You are abusing the "proof of absence" scenario. You are like a UFO believer who claims that even though he has no evidence of UFOs, that does not mean UFOs don't exist.

If one claims we need Voter ID, one must provide the evidence it is needed. You cannot claim it is needed and then state you don't have to provide evidence. You can't whine about "proof of absence". You want the new regulations and more government intervention in the constitutional right to vote? Prove it is necessary.

Dead people voting is not evidence of a need for the reasons I have explained countless times.

Illegals voting is not evidence of a need for the reasons I have explained countless times.

Someone voting in your name is not evidence of a need for the reasons I have explained countless times.

You thesis is silly.

We need voter ID laws since we KNOW, without question, that people HAVE voted illegally in the past.

The Registration process is simply not an adequate assurance that it will not happen again. And zero tolerance is a perfectly sound approach to addressing the problem.

Indeed.

What were the specifics of the four cases of fraud you mentioned, and how would Voter ID have been the only means to stop or catch them?

The machines were preloaded with votes, there was no verification of who voted. Don't you think the fact that people who actually cast a vote and show ID would be the only votes that actually count??

There is no charge for state issued IDs, therefore it is not a poll tax. We've had voter ID in Georgia for years, most of Atlanta and DeKalb county was Dem before and is still Dem today.

I seriously doubt it has stopped anybody from voting, in fact when you obtain your free ID or a Georgia license, you can register to vote right then. More people are eligible to vote than ever before. ;)

Here is one of those cases of fraud in Pennsylvania:

Robyn Pugh was charged with perjury, false swearing in official matters and unlawful voting. She could receive up to 10 years in prison and fines of $20,000.

The DA alleged that Pugh registered to vote in Middle Smithfield Township and voted there four times when she was actually living in Stroud Township.

Pugh voluntarily appeared at the Monroe County Correctional Facility this morning with her attorney, Jim Swetz, for processing before the arraignment in front of District Justice Brian Germano in Smithfield Township.

Pugh oversaw Middle Smithfield's country club golf course, which lost about $800,000 in 2011 before it was closed. The golf course, Country Club of the Poconos, was reopened this year, but the restaurant remains closed.

:lol:

Ahhhh, I see when you have more voters than you do than voters with ID there couldn't possibly be any voter fraud.

Strawman. No one is claiming there is no voter fraud. I don't know why you guys keep making that shit up.

None of you have ever been able to show what Voter ID can do to stop or prevent fraud that the current system can't. If dead people are voting, it is because the voter registration rolls are not properly managed. If illegals are voting, how did they get on the registration rolls to begin with? Voter ID would not stop that. At. All.

If an illegal registers to vote, showing an ID at the voting booth won't stop them from voting. The problem is with the registration process.

No one has ever shown illegals or fraud are swinging elections.

What were the specifics of their fraud, and how would Voter ID have been the only means to stop or catch them?

Yet there's only 13 cases of credible in-person voter fraud over the last 10 years. The more prevalent fraud is using absentee ballots, and most of those convictions were of Republican hacks. The voter ID law does nothing to address this issue.

It's a de facto poll tax, that attempts to suppress the votes of the young, the old, the disabled, and minorities.

Indeed.

The machines were preloaded with votes, there was no verification of who voted.

Link?

I would like to see the "4 guys" who were convicted for fraud.

Dumbfuck...

It's not a poll tax if it's fucking free...

Go be stupid somewhere else....
The poll tax was about more than money.

ObamaTax isn't a tax either is it?? lol

How does registering more people to vote become a bad thing?? Can someone receive welfare, unemployment or a job without proper ID?? No they can't.

You would think Dems would be all over having more registered voters, instead they argue it will surpress votes. Oy vey!! :cuckoo:

You thesis is silly.

We need voter ID laws since we KNOW, without question, that people HAVE voted illegally in the past.

The Registration process is simply not an adequate assurance that it will not happen again. And zero tolerance is a perfectly sound approach to addressing the problem.

We need to purge the voter rolls of dead people, before we institute a defacto poll tax.

Only 13 cases of credible in-person fraud over 10 years. That's the facts.

Forum List

Back