judge to Occupy Boston: screw!

Quit acting dense, there is a problem, even the tea party knows it, the difference is they want to just punish the puppets and replace them with more puppets, problem solved!

and occupied's solution is to live in a apark and whine that life is unfair.

problem solved!

If all you see are worthless people with complaints you have zero sympathy with then you will never understand.

don't put words in my mouth, spanky.

:thup:

I doubt seriously that "Freedom of Speech" extends to the right to take over public lands indefinitely.

Imagine that! Members of the public making use of public lands!

Next they'll want the right to smoke in public parks!

If all you see are worthless people with complaints you have zero sympathy with then you will never understand.

And? 'Understanding' a bunch of filthy, selfish criminals is not a big priority for most people.

and occupied's solution is to live in a apark and whine that life is unfair.

problem solved!

don't put words in my mouth, spanky.

:thup:

Or mine

Did anyone watch last night...i'm tired because I stayed up watching news coverage.

The police were very respectful of the protestors and the protestors seemed pretty respectful of the police.

I think both the police and protestors deserve recognition for their good behavior.

The square is almost empty today and there were no riots or crazy police actions like we have seen elsewhere. Good Job Boston!

How do you all feel about the ows-ers occupying foreclosed homes? This seems to be the new direction they are taking.
Wall Street protesters to occupy foreclosed homes | World news | guardian.co.uk

Depends.

I don't think they'll be respectful of the premises that they are in, so I probably wouldn't agree with it.

But at least they're becoming more targeted in their squatting.

Squatting is just that, squatting. They are now seizing private property in order to exercise their right to free speech. Not only that, but houses are much nicer to stay in than those lousy tents in those lousy, rainy, snowy, cold parks. Plus, houses have facilities. Don't have to deal with angry restaurant managers.

They will have some angry neighbors to deal with though. Yeah move those drum circles into neighborhoods. Threaten children on their way to school. Try to intimidate people going to work in the morning.

The property will be declared a nuisance and OWS will be thrown out a lot faster than they were thrown out of a public park. OWS will totally destroy the property. That's part of their intention. They destroy everything.

Depends.

I don't think they'll be respectful of the premises that they are in, so I probably wouldn't agree with it.

But at least they're becoming more targeted in their squatting.

Squatting is just that, squatting. They are now seizing private property in order to exercise their right to free speech. Not only that, but houses are much nicer to stay in than those lousy tents in those lousy, rainy, snowy, cold parks. Plus, houses have facilities. Don't have to deal with angry restaurant managers.

They will have some angry neighbors to deal with though. Yeah move those drum circles into neighborhoods. Threaten children on their way to school. Try to intimidate people going to work in the morning.

The property will be declared a nuisance and OWS will be thrown out a lot faster than they were thrown out of a public park. OWS will totally destroy the property. That's part of their intention. They destroy everything.

You have the wrong idea here, To any passerby it would look like that house down the street finally sold after sitting empty for three years. They sneak in, fix the deterioration, and move in a homeless family. They also plan to mass at properties where the family is about to be thrown out on the street. The cops HATE doing foreclosure evictions, if they become public events then they just might stop for a while.

It isn't a foreclosure eviction. It's a tresspass eviction.

I think OWS should do it. Not only that, but start occupying homes that already have people living in them.

In some of these squatter evictions, the cops don't evict, they bring in battering rams and dismantle the homes. Depending on the level of nuisance.

I think OWS should do it. Not only that, but start occupying homes that already have people living in them.

In some of these squatter evictions, the cops don't evict, they bring in battering rams and dismantle the homes. Depending on the level of nuisance.

The cops destroy bank property to remove squatters? Kind of like destroying a village to save it. Still a loss for the banks, so it's all good.

The cops destroy bank property to remove squatters? Kind of like destroying a village to save it. Still a loss for the banks, so it's all good.
You DO know that the consumer ALWAYS bears the cost of a loss, right?

You DO know that the consumer ALWAYS bears the cost of a loss, right?

Yes I'm afraid the banks always find ways of making us pay for their mistakes.

This judge used their position to shut down a protest, period. whatever he said was just rationalization.

I think I'm going to come occupy your front stoop.

Please don't infringe on my right to protest :thup:

So what's your beef with a working man like me that would require a protracted protest? I can promise you that you would get more of an ear than these people are getting.

I don't want your ear, just part of what you have. Perhaps my beef is that a working man like you has a job, an income and a house and I don't. You are my 1%. You have more than me. You need to give your fair share. I want one of your bedrooms and access to a bathroom and the kitchen......and the internet and big screen TV. Plus, some walking around money would be nice. After all you are "lucky" that the corporate gods have smiled on you and you have more than me. Don't be greedy. Please spread your wealth with me or i'll sit on your step until you do. Power to the people! We are the 99%.

Last edited:
I doubt seriously that "Freedom of Speech" extends to the right to take over public lands indefinitely.

Imagine that! Members of the public making use of public lands!

Next they'll want the right to smoke in public parks!

The public has rights to the use of public land according to the statutes of the municipality. What they don't have a right to is to squat on and occupy the land to the exclusion of the rest of the community.

Occupy OKC is occupying a small city park in the middle of downtown. It's a block from my office. I go over to see what's going on a couple of times a week. Usually it is 10 to 12 people sitting on their ass smoking. They leave at night and let vagrants stay there so it looks occupied. The city has been cordial to them up until a week ago when some of the night time vagrants trashed the park. The city told them they could use the park during the day, but they could no longer camp there overnight. So far, the police have chosen not to eject them. What will be interesting is what happens on New Years Eve. OKC does a downtown even called Opening Night with streets blocked and venues all across the downtown area. Thousands attend. The park where the occupiers are squatting is the central focal point at midnight where the ball is dropped and a big fireworks display happens. I see trouble brewing if the occupiers don't allow the public park to be used by the general public.

Actually its a loss for the insurance companies and that cost gets passed on to lower and middle class people who can't afford it in the form of higher insurance costs.

Way to advocate screwing those who don't make a lot of money over!!!! (I am stretching it here I know)

You have the wrong idea here, To any passerby it would look like that house down the street finally sold after sitting empty for three years. They sneak in, fix the deterioration, and move in a homeless family. They also plan to mass at properties where the family is about to be thrown out on the street. The cops HATE doing foreclosure evictions, if they become public events then they just might stop for a while.

Wouldn't that be theft?

Wouldn't that be theft?

It is at minimul trespassing....if they damage the property it can escalation to malicious destruction of private property...if they take things out of the houses then it can be theft.

Either way its not legal.

Forum List

Back