Gingrich Said Freddie Mac Could Be Good Model for Mars Travel

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Freddie Mac pimp, Newt Gingrich, said that if NASA were as good as Freddie Mac, we would be on Mars already.

Newt Gingrich in 2007 extolled the virtues of Freddie Mac (FMCC), saying he would be “very cautious” about changing the way the mortgage-finance company’s public- private business plan operated.

In an interview placed on Freddie Mac’s website, the Republican presidential candidate said the U.S. government- sponsored enterprise, or GSE, could serve as a guide for rebuilding the hurricane-ravaged Gulf of Mexico, improving health care and funding space exploration. For decades, Freddie Mac collected profits while benefiting from an implicit taxpayer guarantee of its debt,

“I’m convinced that, if NASA were a GSE, we probably would be on Mars today,” Gingrich said in the April 24, 2007, web post.

“While we need to improve the regulation of the GSEs, I would be very cautious about fundamentally changing their role or the model itself,” he said. It “marries private enterprise to a public purpose.” ...

Gingrich was an adviser to Freddie Mac when the company published his comments. His consulting company, the Gingrich Group, received between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in fees from the mortgage company.

“I recognize that there are times when you need government to help spur private enterprise and economic development,” he said in the 2007 interview, which was previously reported by the blog Verum Serum. ...

In the 2007 interview, Gingrich endorsed the public-private partnerships used to build railroads and supply telephone service and electricity to rural Americans.

“All of these are examples of government bringing about desired public purposes without creating massive, taxpayer- funded bureaucracies,” Gingrich said. “To me, that is a pragmatic and effective conservative approach.”

Gingrich Said Freddie Mac Could Be Good Model for Mars Travel - Bloomberg

Oh yeah, he was paid to tell them their lending practices were insane.

lol

Newt: It's how do you spell "Obama Landslide"

Let's move Fannie, Freddie and Newt to Mars instead

Last edited:

Forum List

Back