Newt's already breaking the law

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Newt Gingrich Would Name John Bolton Secretary Of State If Elected

Under Title 18, Part I, Chapter 29, Section 599 of the U.S. Code, this is against the law and he should serve time for it.

Certainly gives a preview of what his presidency would be like. He's not even the candidate and he's already breaking the law.

Of course, if a Dem did this, the GObP/repubs/bags would demand his head. But, being a slimy pub, breaking the law is just part of his job.

Under Title 18, Part I, Chapter 29, Section 599 of the U.S. Code, this is against the law and he should serve time for it.

Certainly gives a preview of what his presidency would be like. He's not even the candidate and he's already breaking the law.

Of course, if a Dem did this, the GObP/repubs/bags would demand his head. But, being a slimy pub, breaking the law is just part of his job.

Gingrich said he would NAME Bolton. Where did he PROMISE Bolton? What Law has been broken????

LOL!

You got dat wrong, dumb-ass.

The law SAYS:

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 29 > § 599

§ 599. Promise of appointment by candidate

Whoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

So. Do you imagine Newt has promised the appointment of SoS to Bolton to get Bolton to support Newt's candidacy?

Because THAT, you nitwit, is what the law prohibits.

Psst. John. If you support my candidacy, there's a job in it for you. I promise. :badgrin:

Damn, but you luddite libs are dumb-rashes.

Well it is nuddly leddite don't you know. He's pretty much a failure at everything.

This is ridiculous. There is nothing illegal about a candidate voicing his intentions. Is it premature to be picking specific people for cabinet spots? Probably. Is it inappropriate? Maybe.is it illegal? No. Not to mention such a law is hardly enforceable.

I hadn't thought of that angle but it's not something huge, what's huge is the preview, a provocative and coercive foreign policy. Not good.

Anyone who can answer why we have this law gets an A in history for today.

This is ridiculous. There is nothing illegal about a candidate voicing his intentions. Is it premature to be picking specific people for cabinet spots? Probably. Is it inappropriate? Maybe.is it illegal? No. Not to mention such a law is hardly enforceable.

The law specifically states that if you are PROMISING a cabinet position for support then you're in trouble. It doesn't address NAMING a person whom you would like to appoint to as a cabinet member.

Other presidential candidates have done that. A little premature here albeit. We've got a long way to go before this primary season is over.

Gingrich said he would NAME Bolton. Where did he PROMISE Bolton? What Law has been broken????
“If he will accept it, I will ask John Bolton to be secretary of state”
- Snooty Newtie Getrich

lol

Attachments

• $Stretch armstrong.jpg
    $Stretch armstrong.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 86

Forum List

Back